It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions about deja vu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Okay, so from what I've learned, deja vu is mostly agreed to be a possible memory from a past life. But, is it possible to be living two lives at once? Or is it possible that the old theory that everyone has a twin is true? And if that is true, could you possible be psychically connected to that perso to the point that you share memories? Could this explain deja vu? Here are a few reasons I ask this quesation.

1. When I was in Navy bootcamp in Great Lakes, Illinois from February 13 to April 11 2008, I stayed in Ship (barracks) #11. In the stairwell we recruits used while transiting the building, there were paintings on the wall which I knew and recognised immediatly the first time I saw them. The problem with this being a memory from a past life is that this was one of the new barracks built in the early 2000's. Now I will mention that I had been to RTC before in 1998 for my oldest brother's bootcamp graduation, however the new barracks' had not been built yet.

2. As I mentioned before I had been to the Chicago area in 1998, while I was there I saw several old crumbling buildings that I somehow knew I'd seen before, although I'd never been in the area.

3. From November of 2010 to march 2011 I was deployed onboard USS Momsen (DDG 92). While in Yokosuka, japan and Shimonoseki, Japan I saw several things such as the older parts of the base in Yokusuka and the temples in Shimonoseki that gave me very strong deja vu. Were these memories of a past life?

4. In July 2009 I was stationed aboard USS Momsen in Everett, Washington. At first all was normal, until I spent a day in Seattle on 1st St and Pike's Place. Here I experienced deja vu again with some of the older buildings.

So finally, here are my questions:

Is there any way to view or recall a past life? (Preferably on my own)

Is it possible that I've been psychically connecting with a twin like person?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
in my opinion, I would classify deja vu as an event in which you are living something that has already occured in your mind, to expand, I would link it with Fate or Destiny, that you are living out moments that occured universally that your mind catches up with and realizes. if that makes sense.

i've had a powerful deja vu in which I dreamt of a place i'd never been to, then years later ended up walking through it by complete and total accident.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi thats very interesting stuff and certainly got me thinking. I recall once hearing a scientific suggestion that deja vu is nothing more than a temporary lapse in the functioning of brain receptors responsible for memory. Whether from a religious or scientific viewpoint, the mind is so very mysterious

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When I think of Deja Vu and experience it, I always get the sense that I had dreamnt of that moment the night before or maybe a few night before. Although I remember my dreams most of the time, it's almost as if the deja vu part is just a snip-it. This happens to me a couple times a week and most of the time the deja vu is of things pretty irrelevant.

My most recent occurrence of deja vu was when I was looking into a full length mirror and looking down at my shoes, and then the deja vu happened. I instantly think I dreamnt it, but I do wonder it we just keep living life over and over and over again.

The only way I know how to view a past life is to have a past life regression session with a professional hypnotist or a meeting with a real physic (rare these days). Perhaps meditation, but I have never actually tried that in my meditations so I am not sure about that.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

People can have persistent deja vu of where they think they've done everything before even though they haven't. So it's more than likely just a brain dysfunction.

www.canada.com...
edit on 9-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is deja vu repeating the past (as in a past life), or remembering the future as it was revealed to you before (through dreams or something)?

or simply some sort of mistake in the brain?
edit on 9-3-2012 by oak123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My most vidid account of Daja Vu has got to be last year, I was working as a sales assissant in a retail shop.

The one night I was dreaming about work, and there was a scene where I had just left the back room and walked on to the shop floor to help my manager hang some clothes on a rail. Anyway didnt think much of the dream.

It was a week later and i was at work, I walked out from the back room with arms full of clothes over toward my manager who was hanging a few items, I hung one item straight away, then placed some on a near by chair, then continued to hand an item or two, thats when my manager interupted me to say something and she gave me a look and used mannerisms I swear where the exact same as in my dream.

At that point she went to hang an item whilst looking at me and not the rail. I knew in an instant before it happened that that hanger was going to fall, and it did!! (this had happened exactly in my dream a week before) I bent down to get the hanger, and I knew even before she bent down that we were both going to grasp it at the same time! (as in my dream!) and when we both stood up I knew the exact sentence that was going to come from her mouth!! and it did! (just like in my dream!!)

Cant remeber what the sentence is now, just work related mumbo.

But still I was completely flabbergasted, she couldnt get her head round the exspression on my face lol.

Im 100& sure that I knew the order of these events before they happened as my dream most definatley depicted the future!!

However thats the only Daja Vu moment I know cannot be passed as a simple mind trip. All other experiences of Daja Vu are just a fleeting feeling of familiarity.

i'd love to know more!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've suffered from deja vu for as long as I can remember, especially as a kid
I say suffered as I don't know what else to use ? But I didn't 'suffer'
It made me wonder certainly
But it's happened to me enough times that I've come to accept them as......something
And have even been able to predict the events of the following few seconds
Everything from ......erm something's gonna happen - right up to - right two men in a white truck will come round that corner and......
I will never know how many times déjà vu has assisted? me?
How many times I've reacted to deja vu thus changed the following pattern of events
But I've learnt to react when I feel it
I've learnt to react to counter likely events when I feel it's something bad coming
Infact this thread has made me think more about remote viewing and from another angle
But I've seen enough of deja vu to know there's something to it

edit on 10-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

top topics

join