It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 41, found alive after being stranded in national forest for a MONTH (and her cat never left h

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This article proves that cats can be loyal when they want to be! We all know the loyalty of the dog, but I give props to this cat who probably sensed her owner was in trouble and never left her side. Cats usually aren't thought of as being loyal given they have such an independent nature. It just goes to show you when you're in trouble who else can you turn to that accepts you all the way and they probably even see through your bad habits, but they still accept you as you are. Animals really are amazing. It's just too bad we can't get any verbal feedback from them. Any comments?

Daily Mail Reporter

A woman who was missing for nearly a month has been found alive in New Mexico's Gila National Forest.Search crews said they found 41-year-old Margaret Page of Albuquerque on Wednesday along with her cat, Maya, who apparently never left her side. Page was barely able to speak and had lost one third of her body weight, but was able to stay warm thanks to her thick blue sleeping bag, authorities said.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Okay, I just know I'm not the only one thinking this, but I'll be the one to get the hate for saying it. I believe in her place, I'd have the cat with me at the end too. A drumstick here.....a breast over there....maybe a little thigh left for a snack. In a survival..I'm lost in the woods for 4 weeks...situation? Well.... Donner's Pass wasn't named for a happy event and great time had by all.

A month? Forgive me...but even my own dogs, who I love dearly...would be looking like something I could call survival necessity by the end of week 2. I'd do anything for my pets. I really would....right up to dying for them. That would be the limit...and ..well...they may not want to be quite THAT loyal if I'm starting to realize I'm in a situation I may never get out of alive.

What a survival story though! My hat comes off for this lady. That is what I call a will to live!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, I just know I'm not the only one thinking this, but I'll be the one to get the hate for saying it. I believe in her place, I'd have the cat with me at the end too. A drumstick here.....a breast over there....maybe a little thigh left for a snack...

I do a lot of cooking, and sometimes when I'm petting the dog or cat, I can't help but notice how meaty their "hocks" are.

They say dog is stringy, but apparently cat goes over good on the buffet...if there's anything to the urban legend...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Great story! I have 9 cats and I know they wouldn't leave me either. Cats are more loyal than people give them credit for. Every time I walk to our mailbox 1/2 mile up the road, I have at least 6 cats trailing after me.

I'm glad this lady survived her ordeal, although it seems to me that she lied to her mother about going to Florida. Looks like there is more to this story that what is reported.

If I were her, I would buy Maya a big can of tuna.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm more interested to know how someones thick enough to get lost in a forest 25 metres away from the walking trail!!!!

LMAFO!!

Thank "God" she didnt eat the cat, that would have been a shame.

ETA: What was she doing a for a whole month??? surely not trying to locate the path??!!!
edit on 9-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

top topics

join