It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Finger discovered in Egypt? BILD.de Exclusive News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well...there is just this picture, the original "finger" and owner seems to be vanished and the guy who made the picture is a night club owner...smells like a hoax...
edit on 9-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks like a Gorilla finger. There is a horrible and illegal trade in endangered species body parts for Chinese medicine and bush meat so it wouldn't surprise me.

edit on 9-3-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When it comes to 'finding' stuff, ancient, or otherwise, context is EVERYTHING.

Where was this found? was it found on a table in a back alley with some street kids selling unicorn horns, and dragon teeth? Was there anything else found with this? or was it sitting on a pedestal or a box in a temple worshiped or adored by priests similar to the bigfoot finger story?

Ah, wait, this finger supposedly belonged to an old man that belonged to a family of grave robbers? Great.
Best bet is we'll never see any more about this.
Grave robbers? Yeah. Good luck with that.

It's displayed on a rag, sitting on a couch that may as well be a rag as well.

The bones in this finger are just the phalanges. The last bit sticking out doesn't really look broken but properly curved and smooth to fit with the metacarpal bone or knuckle.

Could be real. Could be fake. Grave robbers as a source? *shakes head*

edit on 9-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The third image appears to be an x-ray.

Doubt this is real, although I wish it were. Needs a DNA test, but I'm pretty sure it would come back inconclusive.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Bild Zeitung is not the most trustworthy newspaper of all...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

the pyramid builder well just a thought

just think it could be

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Gorilla finger would look closer to the way the bone sticks out with out any signs of the knuckle.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Gwampo

There would still be signs of the knuckle. The bone is to round and straight to be any where near a knuckle. And if not near the knuckle then where is the hollow bone marror core? It looks solid to me.

Yea. I would like to see a better picture or a cross section of the bone in better detail. In the pics from the OP, the one with the x-ray, they have conveniently covered that area with a picture paperclipped to it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The bone part looks very fake
i wish this finger could be real
but that doesnt mean giant humans never existed

i hate hoax
its because of them that no one now
never believe in anything

Hoaxer are attention whores

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Were there giants in Egypt? Very few people have gotten the finger ever seen photos that were taken in 1988 in the land of pharaohs and pyramids. In size to a matching body should have been about five meters tall ...
A German newspaper "Bild" published these exclusive pictures today.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Read the article; looks to be a bad marketing ploy for a book.....bah humbug

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I found another finger...

Object recently found in old collections of fossils from Axel Heiberg Island in the Canadian Arctic, far above the arctic circle. It appears to be a "fossilized human finger", not unlike ones previously recorded from Creataceous age strata in Texas by Dr. Carl Baugh of the Creataceous Evidences Museum .The new fossil dates from about 100 to 110 million years ago, also from the geologic time evolutionists call the "Creataceous Period". The specimen is known by the designation "DM93-083". The x-ray side view shows dark areas that are interpreted as the interior parts of the bones and bone marrow. These areas have less density than the surrounding stones, and therefore more easily pass X-rays, causing darkening of the image.

Source

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here's another one...

This petrified finger found in cretaceous limestone, belonged to a "prehistoric" human. Broken short of the middle joint, it measures 7.6 cm (3 inches). At full length it would measure about 15 cm (6 inches). In the photo, it is compared to a regular full-length finger. Excavations of this limestone has also revealed a child's tooth and human hair.

Source

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

you are prolly right JB
but what the heck

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I thought it was a baguette

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I found this:

Other human Fossil finds

A 19'6" human skeleton found in 1577 A.D. under an overturned oak tree in the Canton of Lucerne.

23-foot tall skeleton found in 1456 A.D. beside a river in Valence, France.

A 25' 6 " skeleton found in 1613 A.D. near the castle of Chaumont in France. This was claimed to be a nearly complete find.

A 9' 8" skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana (Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975).

In 1833 soldiers digging at a pit for a powder magazine in Lompock Rancho, California, discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by carved shells, stone axes, and blocks of porphyry covered with unintelligible symbols. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower teeth. These bones substantiated legends by the local Piute Indians regarding giants which they called Si-Te-Cahs.

In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition.

Here

I'm at work and don't have anymore lunch available to finish investigating...Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Personally, I believe there is plenty of evidence worldwide for the existence of giants, but whether this finger belonged to one of them remains to be seen. I'm with the "DNA test" crowd on this one. Provided we can get the true results of the tests.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was hoping to compare the finger pic with these other pics and videos.
edit on 9-3-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the blurry xray picture screams hoax, and the lack of zoomed in shots of the "finger"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join