It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We can't be': Morgan Freeman believes we are not alone in the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A well respected actor has expressed believe in e't's. I'm still on the fence about them. I see pictures from the hubble and wonder how we could be the only life forms in existance. But another side of me is skeptical because I've never seen one myself outside of Youtube and we all know how that can be. Sorry for no embed not sure how to link to other than Youtube vid

Daily Mail Reporter

'We can't be': Morgan Freeman believes we are not alone in the universe and warns that extraterrestrial life could be hostile. Hollywood actor Morgan Freeman is convinced that there are more lifeforms to be discovered in the universe and that extraterrestrial life could be ‘hostile’ when we first meet.

www.dailymail.co.uk..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo and change

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: thought the whole title did not show chaned back to original title

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: delete a sentence of mine

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ETs can't be more hostile than some humans are.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Why did you change the title from Morgan Freeman to well respected actor? Anyway, if you wanna go with a well respected actor and their UFO beliefs I suggest you read up on Dan Aykroyd. Morgan's right about aliens but I seriously doubt all aliens are hostile, if any. For a civilization to be able to somehow travel off world through space most likely isn't hostile, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, He is God right, so he would know...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well, yeah, they could... That's like saying that sharks can't be more hostile than humans or microscopic amoeba can't be more hostile, but they are. You just don't know and can't make a broad statement like that. They, if they are out there, might be like locusts with no feelings at all, just migrating from solar system to solar system to find any civilization they may pillage.

Re-reading your post I have to say that maybe you are right, SOME human beings may be more hostile... I'll grant you that.

But I have to ask (and yet I edit once again, asking this to the OP), why would being an actor give a person any more credibility than, say, a garbage collector or a homeless person? I am an engineer and I think I would have more credibility if I made that kind of statement than an actor.
edit on 3/8/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Hollywood actor Morgan Freeman is convinced that there are more lifeforms to be discovered in the universe and that extraterrestrial life could be ‘hostile’ when we first meet.
He is convinced that there are other life forms in the Universe? Uhhh... derrrr Einstein, of course there are, the Universe if incomprehensibly massive. There aren't many people who don't believe intelligent life exists some where else in the Universe. His epiphany is hardly ground breaking in the slightest.

The real question is whether they are already visiting Earth, not whether they exist at all. And if you want my opinion on that question, yes they have been monitoring man kind since our very beginning, in fact they are probably responsible for our being here in the first place. They could likely destroy us in the blink of an eye and there wouldn't be one damn thing we could do about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Belief is one thing, whether they have any effect on my life is another. I'm sure about one of those two just mentioned.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
A well respected actor has expressed believe in e't's. I'm still on the fence about them. I see pictures from the hubble and wonder how we could be the only life forms in existance. But another side of me is skeptical because I've never seen one myself outside of Youtube and we all know how that can be.

it's actually really easy, and you don't need a youtube video for proof.

look in the mirror. there is your ET.
he is alive, on a planet, circling a star, in a galaxy.

combine that with how extensive life roams freely on our world, coupled with the sheer amount of stars there are.
it's a mathematical certainty there is other life out there due to you being able to look in the mirror and observe yourself.
edit on 8-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
ETs can't be more hostile than some humans are.

Exactly!

If they have been coming here for thousands of years without hurting us, then why start? UFO's are talked about in all cultures. even the Bible in Eiziekiel it states that a windstorm came from the north with fire shooting out of it, and it moved left, and up, and down.

If they wanted our water, they could stop by Mars, or grab Pluto and be off with water that is much more clean than our water is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I totally Believe with everything within me that we are not alone in this galaxy or the universe. It is massage beyond comprehention. Now, I don't believe they are visiting us or Aliens are coming to Earth. We are like a grain of sand on a beach. Why would they, or even find us to come here. They movies are great to watch, but really.We have a better chance of nuking our selfs then finding or meeting ET's.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So what ! , most scientists don't believe we are alone in the universe , nobody I know believes we are alone in the universe .
Its not like he's saying he believes ET is visiting Earth , he's just plugging a show he narrates so I'll help him .
Here is that show

Send my commission via ATS please Mr Freeman

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree with Mr. Freeman. There is no reason to assume we are the only intelligent life on the universe. I just don't think we have ever been visited by any of them. I have no reason to think that they are any closer to deep space travel than we are.

top topics

join