It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Nasa....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well. According to Nasa, people who question them are totally crazy social rebels. Not a quote, just my opinion on this video issued by Nasa on Space.com:

www.space.com...

So, December 22nd 2012 is going to be a totally normal day? We have nothing to worry about in regards to Solar Storms? Auroras are totally normal to see in Michigan? Yeah, it sure seems like everything is totally normal on this planet right now. It's not like there are unprecedented Coronal Mass Ejections of plasma from the Sun hitting the Earth right now.

Everything is totally fine, no need to panic but you should take some precautions just in case. We're just going to help build these multi-billion dollar under ground facilities...just in case.

" Remember the Y2K scare? It came and went without much of a whimper because of adequate planning and analysis of the situation. Impressive movie special effects aside, Dec. 21, 2012, won't be the end of the world as we know. It will, however, be another winter solstice.

Much like Y2K, 2012 has been analyzed and the science of the end of the Earth thoroughly studied. Contrary to some of the common beliefs out there, the science behind the end of the world quickly unravels when pinned down to the 2012 timeline. Below, NASA Scientists answer several questions that we're frequently asked regarding 2012.

Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.
Answer (A): Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012.

Q: What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?
A: The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Then these two fables were linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

SOURCE: 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?

No different than previous cycles.

It's like a sick joke.

*SNIP*

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Terms & Conditions of Use
Please read 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation

Posting Work Written by Others: Please read!
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.
edit on March 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: *took out solicitiation and off topic video*removed excessive copy & paste and added source

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

In comparison to the doomsday Elenin posts on ATS and NASA saying there was nothing to worry about there not far of in calling some people crazy. Or the prediction of an asteroid hitting the Earth in January 2012 at the pole NASA said it's not going to hit us, and on ATS doom and gloom threads. Oh and YU55, doom doom doom on ATS but not on NASA's site
edit on 8-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

There's an asteroid that's going to hit on of the Poles in January? Crap.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

There's an asteroid that's going to hit on of the Poles in January? Crap.

According to ATS prophets there was but yea it's March now

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

I said it earlier today and I am going to say it again. Some ATSers seem to want a doomsday senerio so bad that they hold onto any hope of one from any source no matter the facts line up. I think they simply dont want to go to work/school the next day and this is their hopeful excuse.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
And once again NASA speaks the truth. It's kind of ironic that every time a doomsday prediction comes up and NASA dismisses it they're labeled as liars while the profits of doom are held up as social paragons. Checking the track record though shows that NASA has a 100% accuracy when it comes to predicting doom and the doomsayers have 0% accuracy. So why do people keep saying that NASA are the liars?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Life goes on, the same, the same....
Guess we want a JOLT! Smack!
Oh well guess we will just have to finish our boring days all in one piece or deal with mundane disease and old age stuff.
Thanks for the video by Leslie Hall LOl I started watching and thought OMG yuk but THEN I was HOOKED lol! Bout time someone not scrawny and mostly undressed show some talent unabashedly!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The immediate debunkers on this site make me feel more nervous and paranoid then the actual "prophets of doom"

What happened to you ATS?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If NASA says no catastrophe is going to happen then most likely nothing will happen. When NASA starts to worry,, that's when you know theirs something to worry about.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

ATS has always been about rational thought. That's what sets it apart from other conspiracy sites. If you want people to buy into any conspiracy you put forward go to GLP. It's us "debunkers" that repeated ad nauseum that Elenin was not a threat (and later 2005 YU55). It was us "debunkers" that have identified every version of Nibiru found on Google Maps as a well known celestial body lightyears away. If being a debunker is wrong then I don't want to be right. There's enough problems in this world. Why should be start worrying about fictional problems as well?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
IF there were some doomsday event closing in, the logical course of action would be to
suppress it, at least for a while, for that kind of information would cause chaos all over the world.
Nobody would go to work, etc.

BUT, concerning NASA vs.doomsayers, the score list makes me go with NASA instead of these
cybernetic hobos with sings.

Sure, there PROBABLY are stuff that´s kept from the general public, but still...
Some people just cannot bear the fact that real life might not be as exciting as they wish it to be.

edit on 8-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
NASA has been lying to people since the moon landings. Everyone should rise up and call for the disbandment of the organization. We have so much proof after Nibiru and Elenin came and destroyed the world that NASA should not be able to even face these stupid lies of theirs anymore.

oh wait...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'd take an ancient civilisations word over NASA's word any day.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Except no ancient civilization has anything to say about 2012. The closest you get is an inscription by the Maya describing a religious ceremony. Time and again people have come up with doomsday theories regarding celestial objects. And time and again people try to tie these theories to "ancient prophecies." And time and again NASA says they're wrong. And time and again NASA is right. So why do believe these "ancient prophecies" over NASA?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Except no ancient civilization has anything to say about 2012. The closest you get is an inscription by the Maya describing a religious ceremony. Time and again people have come up with doomsday theories regarding celestial objects. And time and again people try to tie these theories to "ancient prophecies." And time and again NASA says they're wrong. And time and again NASA is right. So why do believe these "ancient prophecies" over NASA?

Uh Yeah huh.

There may not be any prophecies that specifically state the year, but it's obvious that this world is in the process of disaster.

I don't see how anyone can ignore the increasingly extreme weather anomalies, and major increase in Sun activity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
An asteroid the size of Manhatten will hit the Earth in three months time !
If it doesn't,
please read this post again !

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Uh Yeah huh.

There may not be any prophecies that specifically state the year, but it's obvious that this world is in the process of disaster.

I don't see how anyone can ignore the increasingly extreme weather anomalies, and major increase in Sun activity.

I think more then anything, what we are witnessing is a shift in consciousness. I don't mean like some massive enlightenment where everyone becomes god and can fly around on silver spoons, but the way we think, the scale of our thought.

It's been said, human beings now, are more intelligent then we were 2,000 years ago. It's not because we have physically changed, but because we have consciously changed.

I don't associate this, with any kind of world event, but i think as an intelligent species, our consciousness expands as time passes. If you think about the big picture, since the 1800's, we are only half a dozen or so generations up the chain, it's really quite small when you think of how long we have been around. And even smaller when you consider just how much has taken place in our society in the last 70 years.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but if anything 'happens' at the end of this year, or within the next few years, it will be a conscious change, like a revolution within, where people will wake up, because everyone else is waking up; as we are all consciously connected. - And NASA have no way of giving scientific data that explain this. As of now we can only observe consciousness, and it's clear we have changed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join