It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help forming a tumor-shrinking lifestyle plan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
Problem is, she always wants to eat processed foods as her "cheat" foods.

She called today saying that she felt like eating bread products with her dinner. I flat out told her: "Bread turns to sugar. Cancer feeds on sugar. Is it worth it to feed the cancer? Eat some strawberries, you will feel better."

I always want to eat bread too! Not eating bread or crackers is much harder for me than not eating things with sugar, lol.

Good luck with everything and your friend is lucky to have such a caring person like yourself helping her to get better. I believe that a support system and positive encouragement has a lot to do with someone beating cancer.

Take Care,
PacificBlue

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I made a thread a while back that you might like to read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

I always want to eat bread too! Not eating bread or crackers is much harder for me than not eating things with sugar, lol.

I am the same way. I don't really like sweets that much, but grain-based products have always been my favorite. When I was a kid, my siblings would sneak candy or chips, but I would sneak a sleeve of saltines.

Honestly, I don't like meat very much at all. I've lived for long periods of time eating only bread, nuts, fruit, and vegetables with no cravings for anything else. But, I have found that my body works and feels best when I eliminate most bread products (I still indulge occasionally, and I like to bake) and increase my intake of meat. Still, though, I only eat meat once a day at the most. I generally eat fruit, nuts, and vegetables at various times throughout the day.

She is diabetic, though, and it is very uncontrolled right now. I have told her that she needs to substitute something else for those sweets or breads. I would tell her to go ahead and take a bite or two of the tempting food just to get the taste, but I know she would end up eating the whole thing. So, I just try to help her to see that those temporary sweets are taking a toll on her long-term health and reducing her life.

Good luck with everything and your friend is lucky to have such a caring person like yourself helping her to get better. I believe that a support system and positive encouragement has a lot to do with someone beating cancer.

Well, thank you for the kind words. I am doing what I can.

I am slightly frustrated, though, because I can't understand why she won't change her lifestyle for herself? I want to be supportive, but it's like she is only changing because I am (essentially) forcing her to change by providing everything for her and doing everything with her. I just don't get why she has no motivation to do it herself, even though she complains about being overweight, feeling sick, feeling tired, taking medicine, etc.

My fear is that if I ease up on the pressure to change her lifestyle that she will just go back to her old ways - even though she knows it will kill her.

My hope, though, is that she will come to love and embrace her new lifestyle and the resulting increase in her quality of life... and eventually want to do it on her own merit and with her own motivation.

So, I'm in it for the long haul.

She'd BETTER live.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
I made a thread a while back that you might like to read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excellent, I will read through it - thanks for posting!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join