I need help forming a tumor-shrinking lifestyle plan.

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am asking help from anyone who can offer me any type of assistance on this matter.

I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with colon cancer several years ago. The cancer had metastasized to her liver at the time of diagnosis. She had surgery to remove the growth, and then went through two rounds of chemo as well as two rounds of cyber-knife.

Things have been OK for about a year, but she just found out this morning that the tumors in her liver are back and now she also has growths in her lungs. She will be starting chemo again next week. I know that if she reads this (because she does read ATS sometimes), she will be upset that I am asking for help for her, but I don’t care. I want her to live.

Her body is not in a healthy state right now. I have decided I am going to do what I can to help her stick to a healthy lifestyle by going on a diet and exercise regimen with her. I am going to do the exact same things as she is and be her lifestyle buddy.

So, I need help coming up with ideas for outdoor exercise as well as a diet plan that will not cause further detriment to her body.

These are the factors that need to be considered for her:
- Female.
- Mid-50’s.
- Chronically Obese.
- Type 2 Insulin-Dependent Diabetic.
- Gallbladder issues from previous “low-fat” yo-yo dieting.
- Binge eating and willpower issues r/t sugar.
- Lack of motivation.
- Frequently uses the phrase “I just want to do things my own way.” r/t previous note.
- Previous success with both vegetarian and low-carb lifestyles when she was younger.

Ideally, results would be:
- Shrunken tumors.
- Increased energy.
- Weight loss.

Any assistance, resources, suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you kindly.




posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm glad you came here and I wish your friend a full recovery. This thread has and abundance of information and will take some time to sift through but I'm sure it will be worth it. Good luck!



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FelixFelicis
 


Excellent, thank you for the link.

The basic outline of my plan, so far is:
- Paleo diet (This is how I eat anyway and I she likes the food I cook - I'm thinking I can make dinners for her and even prep lunches if it comes down to it.),
- walking at least a mile per day (she lives a mile from my house, so I can walk to her house, and go for a walk with her each evening),
- have her come to my house and garden every day,
- encouraging her to write a blog for motivational purposes as well as to get out some of her frustration.
edit on 3/8/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot
 


Those are all good things to implement. Anything to keep her motivated is vital IMO. It takes the best fighter (among other things) to beat cancer. Don't let her forget that she's done it once, she can do it again.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FelixFelicis
reply to post by ottobot
 


Those are all good things to implement. Anything to keep her motivated is vital IMO. It takes the best fighter (among other things) to beat cancer. Don't let her forget that she's done it once, she can do it again.


Good point.

I already told her I would shave my head and be bald with her if she ends up losing her hair. She likes scarves and hat and likes crochet, so maybe I will commission some matching hat/scarf sets from her.

Come to think of it, we'd already talked about starting a business together to sale her wares. I will initiate that process for her.


I think I will also start looking for a place we can go swimming either early AM or late evening...

I want to keep her as busy as possible.
edit on 3/8/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)
edit on 3/8/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
youtube rick simpson run from the cure!!! PURE THC CURES
CANCER AND SHRINKS TUMORS!



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Try the university of Alberta( Edmonton)....
They have great success in shrinking tumours with a rather innocuous medicine that is given to kids for some other condition, but at least it is safe with few side effects...and it does shrink tumours.....
They were doing a study on it last i heard.....www.newscientist.com...
this is the place....



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Others have pretty much covered what I would do; the paleo diet, & cannabinoid oil. I'd also be commencing a serious cleansing program, start with colonics. Find an experienced natural medicine practitioner & work with them, they will be able to make up herbal tonics to support the various parts of her body undergoing stress. Oh, & I'd be running the opposite direction to chemo. No no no. All the best.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
About a year ago there was info and university studies all over the net about the benefits of pecans on slowing and sometimes even reversing tumors of the lungs and sometimes other areas throughout the body. Now, after reading your OP I google it and they're gone? I found a minor article, not from a university but it states about the same as the studies had. Basically eat a lot of pecans, walnuts, etc. Their oils are anti-inflammatory and inflammation is the pre-cursor of tumor growth. I recall about an 80% success rate, claimed it was the answer. Here's the link for what its worth, but hey, a couple of handfulls of raw pecans everyday is not bad along with the other treatments, it wouldn't hurt to include them?

www.georgiapecansfit.org...

edit on 3/8/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
About a year ago there was info and university studies all over the net about the benefits of pecans on slowing and sometimes even reversing tumors of the lungs and sometimes other areas throughout the body. Now, after reading your OP I google it and they're gone? I found a minor article, not from a university but it states about the same as the studies had. Basically eat a lot of pecans, walnuts, etc. Their oils are anti-inflammatory and inflammation is the pre-cursor of tumor growth. I recall about an 80% success rate, claimed it was the answer. Here's the link for what its worth, but hey, a couple of handfulls of raw pecans everyday is not bad along with the other treatments, it wouldn't hurt to include them?

www.georgiapecansfit.org...

edit on 3/8/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)


Wow, I will definitely look into that.

I had her over for dinner and she was like, "I feel like I need to start eating more nuts, a lot of nuts." So, maybe her body is telling her what to do??

I'm going to go buy her some bulk nuts tomorrow.

Thank you for the suggestion, much appreciated!



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Try the university of Alberta( Edmonton)....
They have great success in shrinking tumours with a rather innocuous medicine that is given to kids for some other condition, but at least it is safe with few side effects...and it does shrink tumours.....
They were doing a study on it last i heard.....www.newscientist.com...
this is the place....


I'd never even heard of that, I will check into it. Thanks!



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarpenterMatt
Others have pretty much covered what I would do; the paleo diet, & cannabinoid oil. I'd also be commencing a serious cleansing program, start with colonics. Find an experienced natural medicine practitioner & work with them, they will be able to make up herbal tonics to support the various parts of her body undergoing stress. Oh, & I'd be running the opposite direction to chemo. No no no. All the best.


Is she supposed to drink the oil or rub it into her skin?

She's super religious and won't even consider using medically prescribed cannabis to soothe some of her diabetes issues. Where would I find this oil?

She had also mentioned Gerson therapy, but expressed concerns that it would make her "sick". I have no idea where she got that from, but I told her she needs to cleanse her body of all of the built up toxins. I told her she could have my juicer and I'm even going to start buying her fruits and vegetables every week. She has a very limited income and she just thinks it's "easier" to eat processed stuff.

Colonics, eh? I will read up on it.

Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate it.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
youtube rick simpson run from the cure!!! PURE THC CURES
CANCER AND SHRINKS TUMORS!


Thank you for the idea, I will check it out.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FelixFelicis
I'm glad you came here and I wish your friend a full recovery. This thread has and abundance of information and will take some time to sift through but I'm sure it will be worth it. Good luck!


This thread is the one you want.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have also read and heard that being too acidic is a major cause of cancer. Eating foods that are more alkali is supposed to have a major effect on shrinking cancerous tumors. I don't know anyone who has actually tried this, but probably worth a look.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b
 


Yes, her blood is already more acidic because she has type 2 diabetes.

She once went into a ketoacidotic coma because she decided to believe God would cure her at will... and that she could eat whatever she wanted to, anytime and not exercise because God would cure her. She purposefully did not tell anyone other than her young son who lived with her at the time, and by the time I heard about it, she was already on the way to the hospital in the ambulance.
By all accounts, her blood sugars and acidity were so high that she should have been dead.

So, she learned her lesson from that one. But, she is still very stubborn sometimes. That was seven years ago, and she still hasn't changed her lifestyle for more than a month or something at a time.

She's been doing a baking soda/water drink each day, eating Goji berries, and using pure lemon juice to try to get her alkalinity up to around 8.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I once asked an oncologist what the worst thing was that a cancer patient could do. He told me - Sugar.
Sugar feeds cancer and makes tumors grow faster. I was told that yogurt or fruit were alright in moderation, but not to ever eat candy, cookies or other sweets. I know that some people feel like they have to have sugar, but if I was trying to shrink a tumor, that is the first thing I would eliminate.

This is probably in the big cure thread, but Turmeric, the spice, kills colon cancer cells. You can cook with it, put it in a smoothie or get it in pill form. Of course, one needs to check with their doctor before trying anything new, especially if someone is getting chemo. But even though turmeric is being studied at major medical schools and recommended by the American Cancer Society, a doctor will probably never mention it. Patients really need to do their own research, so do not just rely on the doctors.


The American Cancer Society says that, though curcumin does not absorb well into the body, research shows that it does absorb into the lining of the colon and cancerous colon tissue. Researchers note that when they exposed cancerous cells to turmeric in a petri dish, some cancer cells died and the others had impaired growth.

They also found that turmeric and curcumin given to lab animals shrunk cancerous tumors, possibly due to turmeric interfering with the blood flow to the tumor. Turmeric is showing promise in treating colon cancer as well as cancers of the breast, stomach, prostate and skin, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.


Link

If I had colon cancer, I would use it everyday for the rest of my life, actually I use it now, but I do not have colon cancer, just using it to prevent cancer.

Try to read the Cancer Cures from A to Z thread, it is long, but there is some really good information in it.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I forgot the most important thing, Vitamin D, has your friend ever had her levels checked? Almost everyone I know who was diagnosed with cancer had very low Vitamin D levels. Low Vitamin D levels have been found in many cancer patients, there are many studies online about it.

Also, not everyone here will agree with me, but I do not think the Gerson diet works or is healthy, in fact it can make you very sick. I do not think your friend will feel better by using coffee enemas, and I do not know anyone who had success with the Gerson diet. I like your idea about the paleo diet, that is a much safer and healthier idea.
edit on 31-3-2012 by PacificBlue because: add diet



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue
I forgot the most important thing, Vitamin D, has your friend ever had her levels checked? Almost everyone I know who was diagnosed with cancer had very low Vitamin D levels. Low Vitamin D levels have been found in many cancer patients, there are many studies online about it.

Oh, wow, I had never even heard of that. I went and researched it and have found a lot of information to give her about Vitamin D, with a bottle of Vitamin D.


Thanks!



Also, not everyone here will agree with me, but I do not think the Gerson diet works or is healthy, in fact it can make you very sick. I do not think your friend will feel better by using coffee enemas, and I do not know anyone who had success with the Gerson diet. I like your idea about the paleo diet, that is a much safer and healthier idea.

Yeah, I am not so sure about the Gerson treatment myself. I don't think she actually did it. I think she was just considering it because it looked like there were good results.

I've been trying to get her to do Paleo so that she will eat fruit occasionally, but she insists she needs to do hardcore Atkins. The problem is, she always fails around the 1 month mark. She gets the idea in her head that it's been about a month so "some carbs" won't hurt. Problem is, she always wants to eat processed foods as her "cheat" foods.

She called today saying that she felt like eating bread products with her dinner. I flat out told her: "Bread turns to sugar. Cancer feeds on sugar. Is it worth it to feed the cancer? Eat some strawberries, you will feel better."

Going well overall, though.

I will look into Turmeric. She does like Indian food, so maybe I will start preparing some for her more often!

I'm slowly making my way through the Cancer A-Z thread, it is massive!

Thanks again PacificBlue.
edit on 3/31/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b
 


Actually, alkaline foods do not necessarily contribute that to the body. The most alkalizing foods you can eat are lemon and pineapple. It's the effect of metabolism that changes things. Be careful there.

French green clay will balance the body's pH balance faster and better than any other thing or combination of things you can do. It really doesn't matter what sort you use as long as it's a smectite clay and can be used on or in the body. Do NOT get pharmaceutical grade clays. They have been purified to the point of impotence. Get cosmetic French green clay or Rhassoul/Ghassoul (spelling depends on who translated it from Arabic). It can be montmorillonite, hectorite, illite or whatever else they choose to call it. They are all good and all just as important to our well-being. Just make sure there is nothing added, like colors or perfumes. Just pure old clay. Good as gold.





top topics
 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join