It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skills Learned in Past Lives

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I was some kind of warrior monk or something...

i have an affinity with blades and anything sharp, especially throwing them.. when i was a kid i would throw steak-knives into the ceiling(still never telling my parents that one) and i can throw a thumb-tack across a room and get it to stick in the wall, as well as toothpicks and pens and pencils, etc... i also used to make my own working bow-and arrows, and i have an instinctual aim with rifles, i dont even have to look down the barrel and i can mow down grass-stalks, and pick leaves off trees 100+ feet away.
i also have a bizarre instinctual balance, i once ran out my front door early one morning, and stepped out onto ice-covered cement steps, i had one arm up in a stretch, the other over my face to block out the bright morning sun, and i was in mid-yawn with my eyes closed... my foot flew out from under me on the very first step, yet somehow i managed to "tap-dance" down them and land at the bottom squarely on my feet as if i had just finished a gymnastics routine at the Olympics.
so sooo many times when i come close to running into something or falling over, this weird calm vibe takes over and its like my body is on rails.

and i say monk, because thats what ive always wanted to be.. most of the problems i have in my life are because all i really want to do is sit someplace quiet and meditate on existence.. and thats all i really wish to talk about as well... modern life seems ridiculous to me.
i remember going to various protestant churches growing up, and always thinking that what i was learning was "wrong" somehow..

i also seem to remember being born... i remember being "me", but not yet quite the me i am now... and i remember i had that same feeling you get when you are waiting around to see something important, even though you shouldnt. like when youre a kid and you stay up late to watch some tv show or something.... but i was waiting to see who i was..
i remember coming out of darkness into a blur of colors and light.. and as soon as i managed to recognize another human being(doctor or nurse?) i remember, very vividly thinking to myself, "OH! THANK GOD IM NOT A FLY!".. and then it was sorta like going into a coma or something.. the next i remember was being taken from a crib because i was crying, and being rocked back to sleep.
edit on 9-3-2012 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am a writer and although I've been fairly successful in the profession, I take no credit for my abilities. I am convinced the skill comes from a past life.

I often find myself using words, with which I am unfamiliar, in proper context. Here's an example: Recently, while walking the dogs through a marshland, I referred to plants in a particular area as bracken. I grew up in the city and as such, before I used it, the word was completely unfamiliar to me.

I consult a dictionary after such occurrences, and I'm always astonished.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Interesting indeed ! I never took guitar lessons myself, but always had an interest for guitars as a tot. Nobody in my immediate family ever played a guitar much less held one I can remember. For some little ones it was their bat,teddy,special rock, etc. It was my little ukelele that was my prized possession. Into my early teens was my first real chance to play one in school. I never did, and still to the day, cannot comprehend music or tableture. I can however play by ear. Pretty good too. My brain somehow analyzes each note in a chord which makes the melody, i put it together, and come pretty close to the correct cords. Strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You say you sometimes don't remember your name. Have you felt dissociation not knowing who you are?

You have mentioned being a man (with a stunning mustache) /boy in these past lives. Do you have gender issues? I hate to be this personal but I am just very curious. Do you align yourself as being Heterosexual, Homosexual or indifferent?

You also say these occurrences happen a lot in dreams, do you also have them or daydreaming while you are awake? Do you consciously think about these past lives before you sleep and then dream about them? Do you lucid dream? Are you aware you are dreaming?

I also think of home with pictures of Ireland (mostly because I love green and rain) Perhaps this is why you feel your affinity to the PNW similar climate (in most areas) as Ireland.

Have you shot a gun to test this out and needed limited, or no instructions?

As for why you remember these pictures or objects from the past, and I mean no offense by this, is maybe you are re-remembering something you have seen as child. You cannot possibly remember every day of your childhood and what movies/TV/Media you saw. Perhaps your brain is pulling these memories of childhood experiences into dreams/daydreams/visions? Because you have “forgotten” you have ever viewed such things, your brain fills in the gaps or creates a narrative about these memories thus the past life is realized.

I am sorry to sound like such a skeptic (and I am) but without substantial proof that you were anyone in the past, I need a logical explanation for your experiences. I am not saying that it is impossible, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

To me it would be more bizarre to find out that DNA can contain memory than living a past life. And in the case of relatives, things like virus’ change our DNA and could carry this DNA-memory from people who are not related. That would be amazing!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
You say you sometimes don't remember your name. Have you felt dissociation not knowing who you are?

Well, it's not that I don't know who I am, it's just that I don't like that particular name and don't feel like it's "my name". It's just the name that my parents named me. It doesn't really match me, and I don't really identify with it. So, I forget that's my name and even am annoyed when people call me by the full name. I just don't like the particular name.

You have mentioned being a man (with a stunning mustache) /boy in these past lives. Do you have gender issues? I hate to be this personal but I am just very curious. Do you align yourself as being Heterosexual, Homosexual or indifferent?

I have no attraction to females at all. I can see a beautiful woman and think she is beautiful, but just because she is beautiful, not because I am attracted to her. No gender or sexuality issues.

I cannot, however, understand why women want to be objectified and why women cater to stereotypes to be "pretty". I am not a "typical woman" who acts like a girly girl and prances around on stilettos in short dresses and stuff. I am extremely uncomfortable when I'm not dressed modestly (skirt at least knee length, shirt covering my shoulders).

I am not emotional, either, and prefer logical thought in all cases.

Honestly, I also don't get why gender roles are such a big deal. Who cares if I like handlebar mustaches or fancy beards? I think they are awesome. Just because I'm female I "shouldn't" think Gentlemanly things are cool? I don't know, but I see nothing wrong with women exhibiting "stereotypically male" traits or men exhibiting "stereotypically female" traits. It's just not important to me. Therefore, if I wear a pair of men's pants because they are more comfortable than women's pants, I fully expect to be called "gay". Doesn't mean it's true. It just means I don't care.

You also say these occurrences happen a lot in dreams, do you also have them or daydreaming while you are awake? Do you consciously think about these past lives before you sleep and then dream about them? Do you lucid dream? Are you aware you are dreaming?

No, the dreams occur randomly. I don't daydream about them unless I'm specifically talking about them - like when preparing the responses for this thread. When I experience a memory while awake, it's because I'm trying to figure something out. Then I have a pertinent memory, and I know how to solve the issue.

I also think of home with pictures of Ireland (mostly because I love green and rain) Perhaps this is why you feel your affinity to the PNW similar climate (in most areas) as Ireland.

It's possible. I was born in a desert-like environment and, even as a small child, planned to move to a green a rainy place because that's what I imagined I would love the most. I'm on the eastern edge of PNW, so it isn't excessively rainy here. Rain is my favorite type of weather, though. It makes me smile and laugh and rejoice.

Have you shot a gun to test this out and needed limited, or no instructions?

Yes.

As for why you remember these pictures or objects from the past, and I mean no offense by this, is maybe you are re-remembering something you have seen as child. You cannot possibly remember every day of your childhood and what movies/TV/Media you saw. Perhaps your brain is pulling these memories of childhood experiences into dreams/daydreams/visions? Because you have “forgotten” you have ever viewed such things, your brain fills in the gaps or creates a narrative about these memories thus the past life is realized.

Yeah, that would make sense. The only problem with that is that I didn't have a TV in the house for most of my childhood and was not allowed to go to the movie theater until I was older, wherein I only saw animated films. So, I don't know what to tell you.

I am sorry to sound like such a skeptic (and I am) but without substantial proof that you were anyone in the past, I need a logical explanation for your experiences. I am not saying that it is impossible, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Come hypnotize me!
Realistically, there's no way I can prove anything to you over the internet, obviously. There are many documented cases of hypnotized people who've talked about past lives. Maybe read into those and make a decision based on those stories documented by doctors?

To me it would be more bizarre to find out that DNA can contain memory than living a past life. And in the case of relatives, things like virus’ change our DNA and could carry this DNA-memory from people who are not related.

Well, I know that "Mary" couldn't be an ancestor of mine, because she would be the same age as my older grandparents and younger great-grandparents, most of whom I knew. The lives and heritages of the ones I didn't know do not fit in with that of Mary. So it would have to be memory from outside of my particular lineage.
edit on 3/9/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I know there have been documented cases of past life regession through hypnosis, but I was curious about your experience. Has this always been part of your life? How did you know they were past lives?

This is interesting to say the least

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Well one of my more profoundly moving memories for me:

I remember living in France, in some kind of strange Druid sorta commune. We lived far away from the cities, and so weren't really effected by the politics.

We were extremely austere and wore heavy black, wool hood robes. We never smiled or laughed. Joy, euphoria and ecstasy were forbidden. My husband was the "leader" of our group. We had a daughter with blue eyes, thick curly, lightly colored locks who skipped and laughed and chased and played with butterflies and such. She was considered to be some kind of omen .

This particular day, the clan drudged along a barren path along side the hot springs. Yellow sulphur lined the banks and the smell was foul. I followed behind my husband to a cave, my little daughter in tow. We all gathered around and my husband picked up our daughter and placed her on a natural pedestal. He drew his sword and lopped off her head.

I remember that as her head hit the floor, I fainted. At that moment, I awoke from my dream, sat straight up and looked at my hands and then around the room. I was home, in Hawaii, and it was 1986. Whew! I laid back down and went back to sleep.

As I fell back to sleep, the dream re-emerged. I was flat on my back, in the dank cave that smelled of sulphur and blood. People were standing over me and looking down on me with concern, "What year is it?" I asked. "It's 1686!"

When I awoke, again, in 1986, I was struck by a thunderbolt of realization, that my beautiful, lovely and loving daughter of this lifetime, is the same soul as that toddler that was sacrificed because of her innate joy. My daughter had been restored to me, and I wept like a baby.

edit on 9-3-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I know there have been documented cases of past life regession through hypnosis, but I was curious about your experience. Has this always been part of your life? How did you know they were past lives?

This is interesting to say the least

Yes, I have always had these memories. Apparently, my first words were, "May I go outside?". By all accounts, I was a child much older than my years: I knew how to cook, I knew how to milk cows, I knew how to ride horses, I knew how to call pigs, I knew how to coax plants to grow, I knew how to braid my hair, I knew how to make/mend my own clothing, I knew how to take care of babies, I knew how to organize, I knew how to shop for groceries, I knew how to balance a checkbook.

ETA: Another thing that is interesting - I have always been very calm and known what to do in emergency situations. Always. I never get upset or anything, I just do what needs to be done without any hesitation.

I have no proof for you besides my experiences.

I don't "know" they are past lives, but I feel like they are memories of my life. I mean, I feel like those are my memories, just memories of when I wasn't THIS me. It all seems very normal to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have always had a talent for 'math' be it algebra, geometry, trig or calculus. I never opened a text book and in class was so bored and unruly I would get a semester long corridor pass to go to the library instead of math class. I still aced all the tests.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Now that is an interesting account. I might suggest you were some type of assassin rather than a monk, but I can see your point of view.

So, BohemianBrim, what do you think you could do with your monk skills in this life? You could totally join a circus as a knife-thrower and/or balance act or Wild West trickshooter.

Do you feel like your previous life's potential beliefs have colored your view in this life?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
I am a writer and although I've been fairly successful in the profession, I take no credit for my abilities. I am convinced the skill comes from a past life.

But you don't think you've honed the skills at all in this lifetime?

I mean, I can see the skill carrying over and being apparent as a child, but if your profession is now "Writer", it seems like you'd be able to keep writing beyond whatever skills you came into this world with.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theAmericanStory

Yes, I am also able to play multiple instruments by ear just by picking them up. I have a hard time remembering the specific notes if I only practice them once or twice, but I can play the tune every time from my head.

It seems like instruments are a popular past-life memory. Maybe because music making takes a lot of practice and can be a lot of fun - the soul just doesn't want to let go of that skill?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well I am a believer that past lives are not what they seem.

We feel like we are individuals and we would also then consider that we could of been a individual once before or maybe again one day. But being an individual is not our true nature and its really an illusion, for we are connected, we are united, we are one. Through being of 'one' though, we can tap into certain things that could benefit us or make us reflect deeper into something, we may slip off into experiencing another phase of being that once lived, we can experience traveling through space, we can experience what another person is feeling..because of this interconnection. Not to say that individuality has no purpose, because obviously, we are to be experiencing life through our very own facet of sight, sound, smell, memories, ect...all pertaining to each of us as a unique being. What one person may see through a dream may be the exact place another person may see...but both having different reasons for looking through the eyes of another phase of being.

So anyways, with that out of the way...I too have experienced what one could only call a memory from elsewhere. My strongest recalls are of a house very large and old. Its very worn down but was once, very lifely and full of light. Two huge pianos sit in the house, but are unlike any piano of today, they were so large and there was music laying around it, on tip, scattered around from the broken windows allowing wind to blow in. When I visit the house, its in the ran down shape, but I have memories of what it once was. It was always full of people, good cooked meals, and lots of children around. I often wonder now, looking back at taking piano lessons when I was a kid, about my skill to listen to the music the teacher played to turn around and play it without learning the music-my teacher, quit on me!!! So anyways, I know the tree lines that surround the home and they were once used for guarding positions but Im not sure what brought in the different atmosphere from being a safe home to being in danger. When I experience going there, its as if I am reminiscing as a teenage girl that once lived there. There is also some huge Chester drawer like cabinets that are huge in the house and I know they hold alot of neat things and there are many locks on the doors. Its like I know where the key would of been...but with everything changed, I dont have the key to the drawers and I want in them so bad. IT seems to be what keeps drawing me back....is my interests in the drawers and getting in them.

I have experiences of going to this garden place which was mine, I knew every seed and plant there and it was enormous. It was more like a forest that had been planted all purposely, like it was my creation of exactly how I wanted it. I will walk certain paths, touching the leaves with my fingers, feeling the names of the planets in the tip of my mind as I touch each one. I have placed (or it seems that it was me lol ) different rocks throughout the garden/forest, some for sitting, some for just seeming like certain ones belonged in certain places more so then other rocks. IT was as if that was my life, it was all I did, as if I didnt know another person existed, just me and this garden. Edit to add here...I almost forgot, when I plant seeds, I place them in my mouth before I plant them. Just some strange thing I just do. I tried to not do it when I was planting last year...and I could hardly bring myself to place the seed in the earth without placing it in my mouth first. I cant explain why. Some feeling that its just supposed to be done that way as if I was taught it at some time but was not.

My weirdest experience with what someone may consider to be of a past life or what ever...is with Saturn. I had some experiences that related to Saturn being a place I related to as home. This 'I' that I experienced with Saturn was much different then this individual experience here. I saw me facing what seemed to be 7-9 tall beings of light, and I just knew, that they were me and I was them.

edit on 9-3-2012 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have remembered myself, and coming in, since early childhood, and connect to my Greater Soul, basically myself, for we are a part/sliver of ourselves here, many times.

Currently reading Dolores Cannon's book, The Three Waves Of Volunteers and the New Earth.

Like NDE's, I love the regression work, for its straight up from Source and Self. Many people have memories, some very detailed and can be checked upon.

We're here polishing up our duller areas in our soul orbs and growing them bigger.

So many spontaneous healings can occur in this. Its so much like guided meditation. When you're reading something about spirit and soul, and thinking these positive thoughts, you can find yourself feeling memories and things come back, confirmations, along with a sense of your own field and can reach into this. So even just thinking these thoughts, reading and contemplating positive thoughts, sort of from a zenmind, ie, non programmed, but open.

This gives you a connect and upliftedness into the higher frequency field of yourself which is around us all the time, and direction and answers come, but more important your looking down upon problems.

This is wonderful tools to help people:

Michael Newton-Past Life Therapy-Journey Between Lives 1/5

Red Ice Radio - Peter Smith - Pt 1 - Life Between Lives

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Life Between Lives - The Soul's Mission or Soul Contract

Life Between Lives - The Life Review

Life Between Lives - The Soul's Mission or Soul Contract

Dolores Cannon - Life After Death

Some of this can be achieved in self hypnosis and meditation, and with audacity you could create your own inductions, deepenings, and scripts too, not just use others, but you can get get others and learn them, and then alter them yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What is important, is to seek, to meditate, to search for various zenmind technicques from restful/meditative, to even active, chores/dishes/dance/walks. And to keep with you for contemplation, peaceful, loving, positive subjects, maybe some poetry, perhaps a question you wish answered, but one could read or hear, spiritual messages, read some NDE's, watch an uplifting video that is about soul (no programming, no decisions ahead of time, the only thing you need to feel is a reach for love and positive, not a religion or a belief system, those get in the way.)

And when you begin this journey, and spend more time, achieving this zen state, meditative and walking, even contemplating positive, thinking humorous things, bringing questions, things start to move.

What happened recently is a kind of peek a boo with my own soul, where I was watching the video, and had stirrings, was feeling sensing myself that I have reached into many times, and so was there, and started thinking along the lines that if there was time, want to pursue the kind of dreams I've had of helping and want to learn this, and felt this block suddenly, ie. a kind of off feeling. Which I pursued with, why??? And a little download of: you are seeking for all the answers, surely some things need to be left behind the veil in the school.

Then the next morning woke so happy, feeling a vista to make a family dream in, and this answer was with me: Since I was a persistent seeker, would obviously be getting these answers anyway, so to simply start to choose what you really want to do and ways to help. Like another level was here. But also the information came that the children also needed help themselves to overcome some of this frequency nightmare earth is and discover their journey and ways to contribute as well.

These things, these searches are the most important journey anyone can take, they're the real deal, like nde's as opposed to mystery school stuff, and convoluted ways of burying truth and knowledge. They're pure connections, and there is nothing more important than seeking our healings, and over coming the world and finding our purpose. The family around us is an important part of our journey, even those who have played difficult roles and hurt us, or a loved one, friends, too, and working through this to clear any karma, is also a part of this journey, the most important one, different levels of work, personal circles, then society circles. But without that family/relationship healings, you kind of crippled on the other works a person can do.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks for posting those videos, Unity_99! I will watch them when I get a chance.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

That is a very powerful and, I agree, profound memory and realization that you have.

It is good to hear that you were reunited with her.

Amazing.

I dreamed of each of my children long before they were ever conceived. But, they looked as they do in this lifetime, not any other lifetime. At about age 16, I dreamed I found my eldest son in a garbage bin out by the road at the house I lived in - I took him and cleaned him up and took care of him and hugged him often; he was my child. At about age 18, I dreamed of my daughter - she and I were ice skating on a frozen lake holding hands and I felt such love for her and was laughing and smiling with her. At about age 24, I dreamed of my youngest son and hugging and kissing his cheeks and making him laugh. They are all here, and they all look as they did in my dreams. I have dreamed of another girl who was my daughter in the dream, but I don't know where she is or how she will come to be my daughter. I'll see I guess.
edit on 3/10/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I have always had a talent for 'math' be it algebra, geometry, trig or calculus. I never opened a text book and in class was so bored and unruly I would get a semester long corridor pass to go to the library instead of math class. I still aced all the tests.

So, do you work in a career that allows you to use your excellent math skills?

When you were taking the exams, did you "see" the process of how to solve problems, or did you just automatically know the answers to the questions?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Its like I know where the key would of been...but with everything changed, I dont have the key to the drawers and I want in them so bad. IT seems to be what keeps drawing me back....is my interests in the drawers and getting in them.

Do you have any idea of what items are supposed to be in the drawers?

I have experiences of going to this garden place which was mine, I knew every seed and plant there and it was enormous. It was more like a forest that had been planted all purposely, like it was my creation of exactly how I wanted it... IT was as if that was my life, it was all I did, as if I didnt know another person existed, just me and this garden.

Well, if the house has been abandoned for many many years, then the garden would look like an intentional forest. Maybe you used to be a person with autism and your whole life was focused on piano playing and gardening...

Edit to add here...I almost forgot, when I plant seeds, I place them in my mouth before I plant them. Just some strange thing I just do. I tried to not do it when I was planting last year...and I could hardly bring myself to place the seed in the earth without placing it in my mouth first. I cant explain why. Some feeling that its just supposed to be done that way as if I was taught it at some time but was not.

This happens to me, too, not putting seeds in my mouth but just particular ways I must grow my plants. Sometimes there are things that just are supposed to be done a certain way. I don't understand it either.

My weirdest experience with what someone may consider to be of a past life or what ever...is with Saturn. I had some experiences that related to Saturn being a place I related to as home. This 'I' that I experienced with Saturn was much different then this individual experience here. I saw me facing what seemed to be 7-9 tall beings of light, and I just knew, that they were me and I was them.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are beings of light. How did you know it was Saturn?

<< 1    3 >>

join