It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Knew? Contraceptives Will Aid Bogus ‘Global Warming Crisis’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by xuenchen

reply to post by xuenchen

You're falling for disinformation paid for by the oil industry

Global warming is a FACT!!

I think you have fallen for the disinfo from the global warming graduates.

They have all gotten rich from the agenda they preach.

You need to come down to reality.

How much carbon emissions do humans produce anyway ?

Scientifically speaking of course.

Clearly you haven't read the info in that link...it clearly disproves those oil industry disinfo agents. Have you even bothered to read up on the Heartland Institute and how they manipulate data to pretend global warming isn't real? Read their latest internal report and be AMAZED

When you say "global warming" do you mean only a rise in the average temperature of the Earth, or do you mean the absolute fallacy that mankind is the only or main contributor of it? If the former, then yes, global warming is real. The overall temperature has risen above levels since records began being kept 150 years ago. If you mean the latter, then you're more gullible than I thought you were.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I have...even before he posted those links. The problem is, science doesn't support his conclusions at all. The whole "Mars is warming too" and "it's the sun's fault" arguments have been debunked over and over and over again. It's another LIE put into circulation by those industries that would suffer the most if they would be forced to act responsibly.

In short, those links he posted aren't stating facts at all, they're blatantly misinterpreting data

The burden of proof to refute those pieces or demonstrate how the data was misinterpretated is on you.

Your own link for alleged 'science' not supporting my conclusions doesn't even support your conclusions, and Plait even says so:

And what of the Sun? Is it possible that the Earth’s warming is caused by our nearest star?

Of course it’s possible. There are links to the Sun’s behavior and Earth’s climate (look up the Maunder minimum for some interesting reading), and it would be foolish to simply deny this. However, this is a vastly complex and difficult system to understand, and simply claiming "Yes it’s due to the Sun" or "No it’s not due to the Sun" is certainly naive.

Now, no one is denying a warming, what's being denied is the source and the most likely source is solar weather because it's in agreement with the evolutionary expectations of the sun: the atmosphere expands, the Earth gets hotter. Any sufficient Astronomy 101 textbook will tell you that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

You're falling for disinformation paid for by the oil industry

Global warming is a FACT!!

The irony in your post is overwhelming that I feel violated even having to explain it to you, so I will keep it short and to the point.

Warming trends may be real, but so are cooling trends. Perhaps you should check a farmers almanac, or maybe some satellite imagery of the poles from the 1960's and compare them to now. Don't let those Eskimos you see on TV who are saying that their igloos are melting fool you.

<< 1   >>

join