It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do The Female Members Of ATS Think About The War In Iraq ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've been OUTED!!!!

Just don't tell Grady!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
MMMMMM Ladies

I dont agree with most WAR's, personal reason's more than anything:

Falklands -- lost someone close to me (killed in action)

Gulf -- lost someone close to me (killed in action)

Iraq -- lost someone close to me (killed in action)

IRA -- lost someone very close to me (killed on patrol)

The list goes on and on, some of us will know of someone who has died fighting for their country in one way or another.

I have a teenage son now and dont want to see him go to war, but if he chose to do it, I would be proud of him, its not just a job to some people its their way of life..............live with it.

PS: Gryffen you took the words right outta my mouth then, you go girl......

[edit on 25-9-2004 by blackwidow666]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why every time a post take a view on the war and starts to lean on the side not too in favor of bush, we get the same people trying to bring the same bias as they do on other threads, and the same excuse about bush.

I want to know where are the mass graves with hundreds of thousand of Iraqis that Sadam killed!!!!!

I have been looking in the Internet but I cannot find them.

But I did find the death toll of death since US invasion started.

And again we get the toll of deaths from the Kurds during Sadam reign and again US did not seem necessary to invade Iraq.

But bush did, so, we are in Iraq now, fighting the terror before of after the invasion.

Or are we fighting because we want to avenge the Kurds?

Or are we fighting because bush could not find bin-laden so he needed a fall guy and a soft target?

Can somebody tell me why we are in Iraq; talking about changing minds I think no even bush knows what in the heck we are doing in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1stcavgrunt

quote: Originally posted by belowthemoon

I may be throwing myslelf out to the wolves on this one, but i don't care. Personally I disagree with many of you. First of all, being a woman in this day and age is no different than a man in war. We can both fight.

Yes, women can fight, just like men...in Vietnam we killed women fighting us bedause their guns killed just as efficiently as mens. But the onus then is on you..do you wnat to die for a great nothing, for a senseless cause...your family and children to mourn forever, trying to make sense of your sacrifice for a nothing?

Secondly, I agree with the war in Iraq. Whether or not there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Bush was only relaying information that he had recieved from trusted sources. Say there were weapons and they were just moved to Syria, why couldn't that be the case. We cannot be one hundred percent positive that there were no weapons of mass destruciton.

You agree with the war!!! How naive are you? You say Bush was only relaying information he received from trusted sources...a responsible president then would have waited for varifying sources like the UN Weapons inspectors who begged him to wait just a bit more until they completed their investigations. Hans Blich, the head of the weapn's inspectors, said he had told Bush to wait, but that thus far he had seen no incication that there were WMD's present. Patience is a virtue in a leader, not a preemptive rush to judgment with spotty intel, before you know the facts.
Why couldn't he have mnoved WMD's to Syria, you ask? On that same vein, why couldn't he burind them all in a great. bog gp[her hole...or why couldn't he have removed them to the moon? These aren't any more ludicrous than your question...because the fact is, if he moved something with that bulk, we would have detected the movement.

Speak to a soldier who has come back from Iraq and ask him if what the media relays to us about the people despising our presence is truth.They definitely outnumber us, and if they didn't want us there they would surely try and fight us away. If they are willing to decapitate and blow others up, why wouldn't they as a group have an uprising?

I have done just that, dear lady...asked soldiers over there...and of those who actually did the fighting outside of the green zone, there is an overwhelming response that they are suffering over there...dying over there...and it's getting harder and harder. The Iraqis are about 80 percent militantly against us. Oh sure, we are helping a few to live better lives, but at what cost? So far the war has cost us over 200 billion dollars and 4,000 live of Americans killed or seriously wounded, plus many thousands of others will be adversely affected for the rest of their lives by the image of the man they killed, or the bloody mass of humanity of their buddies dying in their arms. Have you ever seen a dead body killed in war? It's not clean and antiseptic like you see in the movies. There are just pieces...a foot here, an arm...you try to plug them together like when the arms or head fall of a barbie...but it doesn't work. I know, I've tried. Modern war weapons make the body a mass of bloody laundry...and nothing can prepare you for that.

Are you for real? Don't you read the papers...it's on every new channel, yahoo, msnbc, CBS, Fox...they don't want us there, and they are fighting us en masse, they are decapitating more and more of us, and growing bolder and more efficient, killing more Americans and innocents daily, each day more than the day before. And they are banding together as groups, and armis to fight us...haven't you heard of Muqtada Al Sadr and his army...haven't you heard of the unrest and violence being done bagainst us by both Sunni and Shiite Muslims? We are very close to a civil war, and close to a World War because they hate us so much.

And when they kill Americans, like those four contractors, or those men in the Bradley fighting machine the other day, have you seen the footage, when the camera pans up and down the street, everybody on the street is celebrating the death of Americans, the shop owners, the man on the street, not just the ones who ambushed the vehicle, and killed the men...everybody!!!!!!!!

Our presence there has been very beneficial to the people. schools are being built, bridges rebuilt, women are regaining the self-worth and respect they deserve. If we were to leave now, there would be utter chaos, and those who want to terrorize our nation would indefinitely take Iraq under their control.

Our soldiers were not drafted into the military. If they joined, then they knew the risk. War happens, and that is what their training is all about.

I want to ask other women,

If your whole life you were treated as though you weren't even worth being alive, and that all you can do is be a slave to men, and bear children that will never have a chance to learn and make something of themselves. When another country comes in, takes out the dictator that is causing more and more poverty every year, safeguards your streets from militants, helps to build schools and bridges so that your quality of life can be better, giving you some sense of self worth... would you want them to just up and leave you with the work half done, so that it all just went back to hell, and the hope you had gained was shattered?

Do you know that the US and coalition forces have killed more innocent Iraqis than Saddam did during his entire reign. And you said something about safeguarding the streets from militants...what???? Again don't you read the papers? There are thousands of unlawful militants roaming the streets more than there was in Saddam's day...they are everywhere. Our troops cannot go anywhere without being shot at. And just like in Vietnam, the people of the streets may smile at us as we pass, and say all the proper things...but as soon as our back is turned we are shot at from them. War is hell, lady...and senseless war, is, well, senseless hell. If you are going to fight and die for something, you want it to be something that means something. Vietnam didn't, and neither does Iraq. And I, Like General Clarke said, "I am not attacking our president for attacking terrorists, I am attacking him for not attacking terrorists."

Battles are won by killing the enemy, so military leaders should strive to produce the most efficient killers. The problem, however, is that soldiers who kill reflexively in combat will likely one day reconsider their actions reflectively. If they are unable to justify to themselves the fact that they killed another human being, they will likely--and understandably--suffer enormous guilt. This guilt manifests itself as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and it has damaged the lives of thousands of men who performed their duty in combat. CPT Pete Kilner, Instructor, U.S. Military Academy

Hi, I'm happy to see you made it into one of my threads.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The fact still remains, (1) Iraq was NOT involved with the attack on 9/11, (2) Saddam had NOTHING to do with the 9/11 attack or with Bin Laden .

So WHY are we in Iraq ?

IMO, we are there because George W Bush had an ITCH that needed SCRATCHED and some of his CONTRIBUTORS wanted to get thier hands on the OIL in IRAQ .

Saddam had HIS country under control, before Bush got his ITCH, SCRATCHED and NOW look at the country of IRAQ, the condition it is in, thanks to George Bush and his Contributors, do any of you actually beleive that George W Bush and his Contributors feel any remorse for the deaths of our troops or the Iraqi citizens ???

Let's get real, Bush wanted Saddam because of a vendetta and the contributors wanted the oil

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join