It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for the Tea Party to organize into an actual political party?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think they should for two main reasons listed below.

> They are the majority of the Republican Party.

> The establishment wing of the Republican Party, a mere thirty percent of the GOP, will vote for Tea Party candidates over most Democrats.

For these two reasons alone it's time for Main Street to lead, and for Wall Street to take a back seat.

The Tea Party transition into an actual political party can become a reality right now.

Why?

Because:

>They have the organization to do it.

>They have enough billionaire backers to fund it.

> They have the collective passion and spirit to make it happen.

Otherwise candidates like Mitt the liberal flip Romney, aka Obama Lite, will continuously be rammed down their throats election after election.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You'll have to petition FOX News to make this happen. If you try to do it on your own you risk copyright infringement.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Party this party that, the time for partying is over.
Now we must get to work and uproot the weeds and clean the garden.
It is too late for politics to save this world, we need something a bit more .....concrete.
BTW, billionaires only back the ideas that make them more billions, regardless of what they say in public, otherwise they would not be billionaires.
To believe otherwise would be silly.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So, I assume you choice would be Santorum or Gingrich???? They seem to be leading exit polls with Tea Party voters...If so, please tell me how they represent the fundamental ideas of the tea party, i.e., limited government, civil liberty and less spending??

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No, its time for the Tea Party (party for the wealthy) to go away forever. Their extremist views and idiotic actions are not what this country needs. It absolutely represent NOTHING for the average American citizen.

Tea Party is a JOKE anyways. America doesnt need that joke of a party.

edit on 7-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Id like to know what good that would serve ultimately if no one is intellectually honest enough to address the fact that the entire system is broken beyond repair.

It's still a two party system, if they gained power it would still ultimately be under the envelope of traitorous corruption and they would still work towards the united goals and ideals of divide and conquer that is practiced by our system.

No party will make a difference, what will is Americans united under the banner of justice and liberty who are willing to take out the trash, all of it in one fell swoop and return this republic to the standards it was born with.

Anything less is simply mental masturbation and denial.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's some historical irony for you..the tea party folks way back when in Boston Harbor were the original OWS clan!! They confiscated PRIVATE property and destroyed it in protest of corporate favoritism..not taxation as we learned in school. So even way back then, the real issue was government intervention in free market affairs. This sounds vaguely familiar to one certain candidates message today...but he is not favored by the current "Tea Party"

The Real Tea Party story..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
You'll have to petition FOX News to make this happen. If you try to do it on your own you risk copyright infringement.

LOL

Hey, I posted the OP on this Fox blog. gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com... It's the best I could do.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Party this party that, the time for partying is over.
Now we must get to work and uproot the weeds and clean the garden.
It is too late for politics to save this world, we need something a bit more .....concrete.
BTW, billionaires only back the ideas that make them more billions, regardless of what they say in public, otherwise they would not be billionaires.
To believe otherwise would be silly.

Divide and conquer

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ih823putt
So, I assume you choice would be Santorum or Gingrich???? They seem to be leading exit polls with Tea Party voters...If so, please tell me how they represent the fundamental ideas of the tea party, i.e., limited government, civil liberty and less spending??

If they are leading Tea Party polls and their candidates are not gaining more delegates than establishment liberal Romney then they should form their own party that will give them a better chance to vote into office a conservative. That's all I am illuminating here.

As far as answering your questions I believe doing so would only serve to distract from the main focus of this thread, sorry.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
No, its time for the Tea Party (party for the wealthy) to go away forever. Their extremist views and idiotic actions are not what this country needs. It absolutely represent NOTHING for the average American citizen.

Tea Party is a JOKE anyways. America doesnt need that joke of a party.

edit on 7-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

You sound like you would be advocating for a split of the republican Party give the choice. If so, you should be for what my OP is advocating.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
Id like to know what good that would serve ultimately if no one is intellectually honest enough to address the fact that the entire system is broken beyond repair.

It's still a two party system, if they gained power it would still ultimately be under the envelope of traitorous corruption and they would still work towards the united goals and ideals of divide and conquer that is practiced by our system.

No party will make a difference, what will is Americans united under the banner of justice and liberty who are willing to take out the trash, all of it in one fell swoop and return this republic to the standards it was born with.

Anything less is simply mental masturbation and denial.

Very Good analyses!

You, said, "they would still work towards the united goals and ideals of divide and conquer that is practiced by our system." So let us play it back on them in a political Judo move, and help them to divide themselves so we my conquer them? You dig?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

If they are leading Tea Party polls and their candidates are not gaining more delegates than establishment liberal Romney then they should form their own party that will give them a better chance to vote into office a conservative. That's all I am illuminating here.

As far as answering your questions I believe doing so would only serve to distract from the main focus of this thread, sorry.

Actually, it IS relevant. From all the exit poll results that report on who voted for who..all indications are that the tea party favors Santorum and Gingrich....but neither one of those candidates reflect the original concept of the modern day tea party movement. This discussion enhances the thread by revealing that the Tea Party has been played by the same media engine that is pushing Romney...no one know what conservatives want to conserve any more..except more of the same. more government, more control, more manipulation..just on a different side of the aisle.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Here's some historical irony for you..the tea party folks way back when in Boston Harbor were the original OWS clan!! They confiscated PRIVATE property and destroyed it in protest of corporate favoritism..not taxation as we learned in school. So even way back then, the real issue was government intervention in free market affairs. This sounds vaguely familiar to one certain candidates message today...but he is not favored by the current "Tea Party"

The Real Tea Party story..

All true!

I think Paul and his followers should form their own party.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Until the TEA Party run their own candidates with a ( T ) in Congress, Senate, and at State and municipal levels of Government, they will always be regarded as a fringe group within the Republican party, without their own voice.

In order to be taken seriously, they need to run their own candidates under their own party banner.

Trouble with this is, that the TEA Party know that this would fracture the GOP vote down the middle, and it would be YEARS before either party would gain control of Congress or the Senate. The White House would be a very faint light at the end of a very long tunnel.

The only way they would have any sort of voice in Government would be to have a coalition with the GOP against the Democrats.
edit on 7-3-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Actually, it IS relevant. From all the exit poll results that report on who voted for who..all indications are that the tea party favors Santorum and Gingrich....but neither one of those candidates reflect the original concept of the modern day tea party movement. This discussion enhances the thread by revealing that the Tea Party has been played by the same media engine that is pushing Romney...no one know what conservatives want to conserve any more..except more of the same. more government, more control, more manipulation..just on a different side of the aisle.

Well if Paul and his followers and the ones who identify with the Tea Party movement broke from the Republican Party in forming their own individual political parties then the liberal establishment wing of the Republican Party would be forced to choose one or the other or be left out in the wilderness alone where their special interests that allow them to make money with money so easily would fade away as there are not enough of them to make it collectively on their own politically and therefore overtime they wouldn't be able to sustain economically. They would simply slip into lower and lower classes as the colonial robber barons of old did.
edit on 7-3-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: of quote box issue.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Tea Party is all but dead. Turned out none of them had anything in common and when the in figthing started they turned on each other and poof.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Until the TEA Party run their own candidates with a ( T ) in Congress, Senate, and at State and municipal levels of Government, they will always be regarded as a fringe group within the Republican party, without their own voice.

That's funny they are still regarded as a fringe sect of the Republican Party, and they are a two thirds majority of the GOP. How small does the liberal establishment of the GOP have to get before they are regarded as "fringe?"

Originally posted by babybunniesIn order to be taken seriously, they need to run their own candidates under their own party banner.

I totally agree.

Originally posted by babybunniesTrouble with this is, that the TEA Party know that this would fracture the GOP vote down the middle, and it would be YEARS before either party would gain control of Congress or the Senate. The White House would be a very faint light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Once the wealthy establishment understood they couldn't buy their power back with propaganda and media influences I believe they would simply follow the newly legitimized Tea Party as an actual political party wherever it lead them. Koch-s and the rest like them would whip the Wall Street crowd into shape I believe in very short order. They would smack the Mitt Romney crowd into submissive silence within what would seem like a blink of an eye in politics. An eternity is 15 minutes mind you. They have the power and intellect to do so.

Originally posted by babybunniesThe only way they would have any sort of voice in Government would be to have a coalition with the GOP against the Democrats.
edit on 7-3-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)
Agreed. However whose going to be the cart and who will be the horse in the near future is the only question at this point in time. The Mitt "Wall Street" Romney crowd is looking more and more like the cart everyday.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
The Tea Party is all but dead. Turned out none of them had anything in common and when the in figthing started they turned on each other and poof.

Yes indeed, but they are still two thirds of the GOP, and they always VOTE!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i think they should form their own party...makes it easier to know who not to vote for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join