It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Types Of People in the UFO Forum.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
reply to post by liejunkie01

Added. Thanks for contributing.
2nd.

Went back and reread your OP. I like it....Your writing style, and comprehension of the various categories is very well rounded......

Thank You for adding the new slices of UFO life...I especially liked how you presented the "Experiencers"...

Des

edit on 6-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Top of the page poster:

Who can make it to a new page as the first poster.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Myself, falling into the "RP" category (religious person) I do challenge science. I challenge science to "discover"...We make technological strides each day. I personally think it is quite arrogant to dismiss the UFO phenomena outright. Debunk all you want if it makes you sleep better at night. I truthfully believe in UFOs. I WANT to believe. As a religious person, I find it hard that an Almighty Creator would create such a vast and unimaginably complex universe for just...."us". I challenge my fellow "RP's" to discover where in our religious texts that it is written we are alone.

Your classifications are clever and well thought out. Perhaps I am the one percent of "RP's" that do visit and intend on posting in UFO forums. Nonetheless, Nice Thread !!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I've only had one ufo experience in my life I still have no explanation for other than black budget projects possibly. That was in 2011. All others I've had I can explain away.

So I guess that puts me at least partially in the "Government projects people" category. Because I definitely believe some very hefty funding gets poured into mega-black budget projects. And I suspect this is what I saw in action.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I have added the "Experiencer" Category for you and other members.

2nd.

I wouldn't have
They fit nicely into the believers...
Believers can be made of any group that doesn't require proof or even evidence...be it because they are nutty, experiencers, seeking a new religion, etc...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Seeing something with your own two eyes is not enough evidence for you?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

No, I think it has more to do with, He/she wants to see it for themselves and not from another person account. I don't know if that majes sense. Typing with my eyes shut. Brain is still functioning but the body is not.

Oh, I had to look at my mistakes. Not too bad for half awake and half asleep person.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There is something out there, I have seen it and I have communed with it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Well after reading your posts in the UFO forum that prompted you to write this rant, I would say you fit into the "Believers" and "Knowers" categories. But then I guess the fact that I even have an opinion on this topic makes me a "Troll". Oh well, can't please everyone I suppose.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Ah, how sweet on the experiencers, but proof read it before its too late you say came instead of come I think it was. Goodnight and I will come post when my eyes are more open...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

There was a guy in my hometown whom was (probably still is) a firm believer, and believed he was an "experiencer".
He kept going on about how every night, he seen "them". I contacted him through mufon out of mild curiousity.

Anyhow, long story short, He got me to look at what he was seeing one night. after the sun went down is when "they" came out...
After he had shown me what he was seeing, I realized what it was..he didn't realize, or even consider, that what he was seeing was satellites passing by.

I told him I only was seeing satellites where he was pointing at.
He was crushed...was a big "doh" moment..I guess he didn't even think of that.

So..does seeing it with your own eyes count? not really..unless you are literally approached by ET, or see something close to that...then chances are, your excitment is overruling your observation and your assuming what it is verses understanding what it is.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I see your point but sometimes there is no explanation.

I hate talking about it, because it makes me seem delusional, actually it is best not to discuss it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

As long as its that high up, one might not know, but rule of thumb, something that appears suddenly and flies over your head, 50-200 feet range, or roughly one -three pinetrees over your roof, that greets you first, just before it appears, is hardly a satellite. Witnessed by your family members as well, I might add!

edit on 6-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

that greets you first

Exactly

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theAmericanStory

Re-read the OP. I can admit it was a little harsh. I'm sure you'll respect and appreciate the change.

2nd

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You will be contacted telepathically, you will be calm.

You walk outside and they are there.

You don't seem surprised.

You watch them unafraid.

They disappear in the twinkling of an eye.

You stay calm, you have no desire to tell anyone,

Years later you speak of it.

People laugh.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I see your point but sometimes there is no explanation.

I hate talking about it, because it makes me seem delusional, actually it is best not to discuss it.

I totally understand your stance on talking about our experiences. I was offered a regression session with John Lear, turned it down after much consideration. I don't think I could handle that much fear again. To this day, 31 years after that night, I can still taste the dirt in my mouth from trying to dig a hole in the earth to get away.........some things are best left alone.

Des

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well I certainly didn't see a satelite

Think giant silent triangle craft, it traveled along the taconic state parkway for quite aways. I was on the parkway that night and was lucky enough to see it. Unsolved mysteries even featured that one on their show one episode.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You will be contacted telepathically, you will be calm.

You walk outside and they are there.

You don't seem surprised.

You watch them unafraid.

They disappear in the twinkling of an eye.

You stay calm, you have no desire to tell anyone,

Years later you speak of it.

People laugh.

Sssshhhhh! What are you trying to do, blow our cover?

Why do I get so upset when I see things like this that sound ridiculous but apply to me?
Seriously, I'm a freak until more people experience the same things. So not fair.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What fun!

I like this list as it accounts for almost everything.

I'll have to say I don't think I fall into solely one category, as I can relate to the MBP, and the Knower, with some leanings (admittedly) on the side of Avid Debunker.

MBP; well, the label speaks for itself. Fair and balanced in using reason to approach the question and/or evidence.

Knower; well, the universe is more than astoundingly huge. If you could instantaneously visit every star in just the Milky Way, and visit each of those stars for just ONE second, it would still take you over 12,500 years to visit every single star. That's JUST our galaxy.
Now, imagine that there are just as many galaxies as there are stars in the milky way, with each galaxy having roughly the same BILLIONS of stars, give or take a few Hundred Million or Billion, more or less since not everywhere is the same.
12.500 years just to visit each star for one second in our own galaxy x 500 Billion Galaxies, x ~12,500 years to visit each star in each of those 500 Billion galaxies for one second.

Yeah, the numbers are huge, and since so, the possibility is near certain there's other intelligent life out 'there'.
At the same time, due to the overwhelmingly vast distances, the same thing that makes it highly probable that there IS intelligent life out 'there', is the very same thing that makes it extremely unlikely that any of that intelligent life is visiting us. Just say'n.

Avid Debunker:
1. Well, I've been interested in the UFO phenomenon since a kid. I've watched the skies all my life too; not really looking for UFOs, but, because I love the sky, what's in it, and so very very want to get out there, off this rock, and explore.
I've fairly familiar with what's flying around, know the planets, familiar with the satellites whizzing around, have seen innumerable shooting star and bolide, the occasional comet (they're more common than you think), and live close enough to an air field not far from Johnson's Space Center in Houston where I'm quite familiar with seeing all manner of interesting aircraft.
Not once have I ever seen a UFO. Nope.
2. Issues with MUFON - they've been collecting paper and chasing aliens for how long now? They've got over 50 years of documentation that only amounts to circumstantial evidence? Sure, certainly there is SOMETHING going on, but, how can anybody, or anyone be so totally incompetent that over 50 years of active 'research', time, and untold amounts of $ spent on petrol from driving around to 'investigate' alone, and what? Essentially nothing.
The system is BROKEN, or, there aren't any aliens, but, yet, 'something' is going on.
3. Even the 'experts' in the field report that over 95% of reported cases of UFOs are misidentification.
Here, or ATS alone, just little over a month ago, it seemed there were one or two threads a week for a few weeks where people were freaking out over VENUS! Really?

-- with those three, combined with constant let down by purposeful hoaxes, charlatans, and fraudulent claims, well, it's difficult to be completely objective without leaning on the side of doubt since just from a statistical point of view, if someone is claiming something, they're probably wrong or faking it.

Anyway, yeah, that's my stance.

Quit chasing UFO reports, and dump funding into baiting camera traps with these abduction people.
If abductions by aliens are happening, then, that's where the aliens are going to BE eventually.

If there's an advanced technology at work; any advanced technology, no mater the advancement, will have it's limitations. Putting abduction experiencers under the microscope could very well explore what those limitations are, and how to exploit those limitations to capture an abduction event on camera, aliens and all, and by extension through modification of methodologies, eventually capture an in-the-flesh alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join