It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fastest growing religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Could not have said it better myself. The only downside to environmentalism as a religion is how much it has infiltrated our states and government, there are so many taxes that are pushed by this "green" religion. If Muslims wanted to put a heavy tax on pork to discourage people from eating it people would be up in arm about the separation of church and state. Fundamentalists environmentalists have gone to great lengths to perpetuate lies and blackl ist those who speak out against it.
And like many religions they prey on those who need help the most, most notably Africans. Fundamentalists have been trying to convert Africans for some time and for a while they succeeded.

www.un.org...
Southern African governments find themselves in a dilemma: they have to choose between letting their citizens starve to death or giving them genetically modified food aid that many believe may be harmful to health.

Now keep in mind there is no SOLID evidence that GMOs are bad for you in any way shape or form-NONE. This is a religious belief so it does not have to be true to be a "fact" the environmentalist must have faith in what he is told to believe.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Exactly. Its not an idealogy but a western new religion. Non believers are the new heretics. If you have no faith in the god of carbon tax and the god of high energy prices you deserve scorn.

Our commandments

Thy shalt pay demonic energy prices

Thy shalt fast on carbon

Thy shalt not waste carbon

Thy shalt not increase thine standard of living

Thy shalt reduce thine carbon footprint

Thy can always put on another jumper

Thy can save money on energy by installing celling fans

Thy must worship crony capitalism

Thy must worship Man Bear Pig

Thy must worship the gods of carbon tax and high energy prices

God I hate hippies. I wanna kick em in the nuts.

edit on 6-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

He left out that religion is based on faith and very little on facts if any. In this case, especially because the facts are obscured and some completely falsified.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk

He left out that religion is based on faith and very little on facts if any. In this case, especially because the facts are obscured and some completely falsified.

The facts are all there if anyone wants to look into the environmentalist claims, the trick is you have to read the WHOLE report.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Originally posted by binkbonk

The facts are all there if anyone wants to look into the environmentalist claims, the trick is you have to read the WHOLE report.
Misrepresentations, no thanks. It's BS, the Sun is responsible for the warming, not the lack of carbon taxes being paid. The Mayans used to sacrifice people and we are expected to sacrifice money to the sun god... Total fantasy, but it will make billions for the smart asses that've duped the masses, the heads of the church of global warming. Pope Al Gore

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yeah that was hard to find...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Being environmentally conscious is not the same thing as belonging to a religious movement, or organization. All that environmentally-minded people are doing is supporting an ideology, or, at worst (if you believe nay-sayers and conspiracy theorists) they're promoting an agenda to undermine the natural resourced that humans have depended on for generations, in hopes of procuring newer methods of energy, and beginning new, cleaner, more ecosystem friendly dependencies.

A look into any dictionary (online or book version), or a visit to wiki and other encyclopedias will give you the definition of "religion" if you're interested. I can save you the trouble though:

Religion, noun

01. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God, or gods.

02. details of belief, as taught or discussed.

So, could you please point out the superhuman controlling power, akin to God, or gods, who the environmental people are worshiping? Just because they have an ideology, a platform, and a goal does not make them a religion. It makes them individual people, with thoughts and opinions on the ideas, information, and theories of other individual beings.

However, if we want to play by your rule... then you, OP, are a member of the religion of Antienvironmentalism, the sole goal of which is:

"to destroy the only hospitable planet within our reach right now, by not caring to preserve the atmosphere, through methods of depleting all the limited usable resources for ourselves, thus dooming any and all future generations to a barren world without clean food, any usable forms of energy, stability, structure, or foundation upon which to fix their problems."

You Antienvironmentalism bunch are so despicable! You're like Satanists, only so much worse because you want everyone to die, instead of just Christians.

Not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot, is it?

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 9/3/12 by Wandering Scribe because: edit external quote

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Being environmentally conscious is not the same thing as belonging to a religious movement, or organization.

There is a difference in being environmentally conscious and being a fundamentalist environmentalist.

A look into any dictionary (online or book version), or a visit to wiki and other encyclopedias will give you the definition of "religion" if you're interested. I can save you the trouble though

Yeah your cherry picked definition you mean? Buddhists do not fall under that yet they are considered a religion.

So, could you please point out the superhuman controlling power, akin to God, or gods, who the environmental people are worshiping?

They don't have gods or worship, kind of like Buddhists

However, if we want to play by your rule... then you, OP, are a member of the religion of Antienvironmentalism, the sole goal of which is:

I obviously offended you which is probably why you start rambling on after this part of your reply. You should really watch the video and calm down because you start to make no sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Yeah your cherry picked definition you mean? Buddhists do not fall under that yet they are considered a religion.

It is true that Therevada Buddhism does not fall under this definition. However, Mahayana, Zen, and Tibetan Buddhism does fall under this definition. In all forms of Buddhism particular gods and goddesses are recognized and at other times worshiped; or, as some myths discuss, the Buddha overcame others. No where in Buddhism is there a lack of deities and controlling powers. Karma itself, and reincarnation qualify as "superhuman controlling powers."

Additionally, the definition I presented is not cherry-picked, as you claim. One needs only Google it to see for themselves.

I obviously offended you which is probably why you start rambling on after this part of your reply. You should really watch the video and calm down because you start to make no sense.

Nah, you didn't offend me. I'm impartial on environmental issues myself. I don't believe in wind-power, or not-driving. I do, however, believe that the more we as a species damage our ecosystem through destroying land, cutting down trees, and poisoning the water, the less stable and secure our planet will be for future generations. I'm not sure about you, but, I personally would like my children, grandchildren, and their children to have easier, better, safer lives than the one I live now.

The Antienvironmentalism comment was intended as sarcasm.

I took the position of people who think it's OK to flood the oceans with oil, pollute the air, seep nuclear runoff into the soil, and depend entirely on fossil fuels for the rest of our lives; and decided that if "caring about the Earth" could be a religion, so could "not giving a flying f*** about the Earth."

The sarcasm of both sides seems to have been missed though.

It is just as preposterous for you to call people with a passion for environmental issues a religion; as it is for me to call people with no passion for environmental issues a religion.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I took the position of people who think it's OK to flood the oceans with oil

Nobody thinks it is "okay" and nobody is intentionally "flooding the ocean" with oil. There are some people that just don't believe it is as bad as most people. Afterall, what is more organic than crude oil? There is actual bacteria in the ocean that lives off eating crude oil. The mess will take care of its self for the most part.

pollute the air

This is a tricky one, pollution as a health concern is one thing but claiming that it controls the weather is another. One is proven and one is part of made-up religion.

seep nuclear runoff into the soil

Please tell me who says thinks this is okay.

"caring about the Earth" could be a religion, so could "not giving a flying f*** about the Earth."

You are going into a common problem with that comes with the territory of discussing religion, the false division. Just because I think fundamentalist environmentalists are nothing more than religious zealots does not mean I do not care about the earth. Pollution may not be the best thing for you but it is not going to melt the ice caps. In fact primitive environmentalists used to say this about climate change

The longer the planners delay, the more difficult will they find it to cope with climatic change once the results become grim reality.

But they believed that the earth was cooling
www.denisdutton.com...

It is just as preposterous for you to call people with a passion for environmental issues a religion; as it is for me to call people with no passion for environmental issues a religion.

Your lack critical thinking, just because someone has no passion for environmentalism does not mean they have any of the beliefs you described above.

top topics

join