It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Good People of Planet Earth...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I believe prayer and meditation to be the same thing. I do good works to help my fellow man while praying for guidance on how best to help them. Meditation doesn't have to be sitting in an Indian style position making hand signals, it can be one moment of silence to dig deep into yourself and find an answer. Prayer, in the same way, can also be done in an instant where nobody else even knows you've prayed. Thoughts, words and actions matter much more than people give them credit. A second of thought can be a meditation or prayer. They are one and the same. I'm sorry if I did not follow the thread. I am new

I will send out positive thoughts always for a more peaceful and loving universe. I will also keep my mind and my wits about me to analyze what's going on in the world and avert disaster if possible.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Most people in the world and whose who use the internet are idiots, there is only few % of people who can see through all the BS.

Seriously praying and meditating will do absolutly nothing, go do something constructive.

People who pray and meditate hoping to solve the worlds problems are simply idiots.

edit on 6-3-2012 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

Do something constructive? So far, everything we've ever put our minds to has constantly failed. We don't have enough supporters to make a difference.

Face it: evolution is the only way we'll survive. If we don't evolve, we'll all die eventually.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Thanks HG very much. I certainly agree with you on a very well put response. Time is almost gone now and we've made little attempt to learn to live without electronics. The young and dependent will crash and burn without knowing what to do, how to do it, and where to find "answers" when all is gone.

Its a tough thought to realize these "Net-dependent" folks will retort during the loss..."OMG! Facebook is DOWN! Anyone else?" ...Hello? Hell-o?

And yet this is our future...left to the ones who cannot live without that which is really just temporary. The "REAL" world now is Wikipedia, YouTube, Facebook and Amazon.com...when they are gone....Lord help us.

As mentioned above...as a 1960's Rock musician, I am very familiar with Jesse Youngblood's song...and that anthem fits today as well.

It shouldve worked for us in the 60's...and for a while? It did.

And thank you MS! It did work and the flower children of the 60's raised humanity to new heights. They were the WayShowers and now they've passed the baton to the next generation(s). These young people who are born naturally hardwired to technology have picked up where the hippies left off and there's no doubt in my mind that they will achieve lasting peace on this planet.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Most people in the world and whose who use the internet are idiots, there is only few % of people who can see through all the BS.

Seriously praying and meditating will do absolutly nothing, go do something constructive.

People who pray and meditate hoping to solve the worlds problems are simply idiots.

19% of the world uses the internet. Just getting 1% of them to think about peace, for just a second, it is worth it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leigh3
I believe prayer and meditation to be the same thing. I do good works to help my fellow man while praying for guidance on how best to help them. Meditation doesn't have to be sitting in an Indian style position making hand signals, it can be one moment of silence to dig deep into yourself and find an answer. Prayer, in the same way, can also be done in an instant where nobody else even knows you've prayed. Thoughts, words and actions matter much more than people give them credit. A second of thought can be a meditation or prayer. They are one and the same. I'm sorry if I did not follow the thread. I am new

I will send out positive thoughts always for a more peaceful and loving universe. I will also keep my mind and my wits about me to analyze what's going on in the world and avert disaster if possible.

Thank you so much Leigh3, for helping to clarify my thoughts as well. I've been struggling to explain the point of my thread to some posters and you have done an excellent job!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Please do not discount the power of your own mind, it really is limitless. Don't you realize what a truely great being you are?... that we all are?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

19% of the world uses the internet. Just getting 1% of them to think about peace, for just a second, it is worth it.

Thank you. I didn't know the statistics of users worldwide but you're absolutely right!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thanks for that...we did raise awareness back then...but unfortunately it didnt take. New generations came and went. I guess its true that if we dont learn from our mistakes in the past...we are destined to repeat them in the future.

We as a society should learn as much as we can in the short time(s) we are here with what we have to learn from (as in computers etc)...yet we dont. The worlds become dependent on technology...with no other recourse to live life. And yet when its gone? Then what?

The one thing thats consistant...is prayer and love. Both actually work very well.

Peace, Love n Light to you n all!
MS

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Thanks for that...we did raise awareness back then...but unfortunately it didnt take. New generations came and went. I guess its true that if we dont learn from our mistakes in the past...we are destined to repeat them in the future.

We as a society should learn as much as we can in the short time(s) we are here with what we have to learn from (as in computers etc)...yet we dont. The worlds become dependent on technology...with no other recourse to live life. And yet when its gone? Then what?

The one thing thats consistant...is prayer and love. Both actually work very well.

Peace, Love n Light to you n all!
MS

I respectfully disagree. All that was accomplished in the 60's is being played out today. The only difference is that Hippies evolved into Yuppies and their kids evolved into Hippies. It's come full circle. The culture and values of the 60's are timeless and are being revisited by the 20 and 30-something crowds. They're into spiritual awareness, the environment, self-sufficiency, family values, human and animal rights, national and world affairs, etc.,,, Sound like anyone you know?

Thank you for being a WayShower! Peace and Blessings.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join