It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 30: Peace Virus Resigns GMO Soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Schmallenberg Virus is now spreading across species and sheep are not liking it. Think that GMO foods could be a contributing factor? Do you think it matters if you're a Vegan versus a Vegetarian versus a Meat Lover? Bankers are resigning quicker than coins collecting in their piggy banks. Any indicator that we may soon see SHTF? Researchers prove that GMO foods alter organ function creating a very real threat to humans. I wonder what they serve in Monsanto cafeteria's? Is the Nobel Peace prize a joke or does Bradley Manning deserve this nomination? Let us know your thoughts in the thread or comments section. Enjoy the show!

(click to open player in new window)

Thread  Incurable "VIRUS Of The LAMBS" Wipes out Thousands of Aminals in Seconds! Prophecied?

Response  Member Inquisitive1 Response

Response  Member MeesterB Response

Thread  Massive Wave Of Resignation (Part III): Momentum Building Up, Eleven Bankers Resign Today (Feb 27th)

Thread  Researchers Prove GMO Foods Alter Organ Function: A Very Real Health Threat To Humans

Thread  GM Foods NOT Served in Monsanto Cafeteria

Thread  US soldier who gave info to Wikileak nominated for nobel peace prize!

Response  Member FlyersFan Response

Response  Member LeBombDiggity Response

Response  Member Gringogrinder Response

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Sorry for my previous criticism of you Bry. Although, I'd love for you to post a thread on YOUR biggest conspiracy.

I do appreciate your hard work....................

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

amongus, thx for watching...I have a few conspiracies that I most particularly enjoy and one of them, I would like to keep to myself for the time being...But I will however put a thread together on my biggest conspiracy...Thanks again and you will be the 1st to know when my 1st thread is posted..cheers!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If only the MSM reported the news this way .... *sigh* ....
excellent as always.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Perhaps you could arrange an quick ats radio talk back show during the week as a follow up to the recap and subsequent recaps, nothing big just a quick 30min show.

Nice show, slightly short, the reply responses were okay but i would have liked more topics to have been included. The obvious difference in show time stands out like a sore thumb but otherwise wasn't bad.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I am not Gringogrinder. I am groingrinder. But thanks for acknowledging my response.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

GMO crops were developed to in effect produce higher yields in less amenable environments, requiring less water, fertilizer, and ideally herbicides and pesticides. The original reason may have been economic, and no question the organic food groupies like me were as a group never thrilled about the idea of the silly-termed "frank-en food". My view was however a bit kinder for a number of reasons.

There is no doubt AT ALL that poisonous chemicals and nitrogen, the later which is "natural" by the way but problematic when it gets into river, streams and areas like the Everglades because of the fact nitrogen in "pellet size", meaning concentrated and not controlled in release, as to runoff or break down cause's huge growth or "blooms" of algae and bacteria in some cases.

Just because it's natural, like some herbal products which can cause severe interactions with some medications or alone with your liver calling a lawyer, or just blow-up. And herbicides (weed killers) and pesticides are not just bug killers. Did you know the Nazi gas chambers used a variant of a pesticide, called Zyclon-B?

Thats a good hint all pesticides should almost all be avoided, we don't have ways to deal with problems yet but we are working on using target genetic tags like were working on for locust and mosquitos, such as sterilize or turn all mosquitoes male or female, though only females bite. But make them sterile? Who cares they don't live long fortunately. The other options now are absolute biological poison. Just a matter of degree. for each, but for some people its that or starve. Or better just buy organic.

I have said before natural is usually very good and organic is much better though hard to afford or even find in many inner city stores. I am working on that. But not everything natural like lead, mercury (we all get in the air but worse fish, a good food minus the mercury) by largely coal burning in places with no pollution controls like Russia and worse China, and China's air drifts to the western hemisphere thanks to the direction of weather air flow and China is building a new coal plant every week. Oh joy... Strychnine, arsenic and uranium and many other things are natural but I don't suggest you eat, drink, breath or are exposed to them at all. Children, including pregnant women and yes animals, like food, and wildlife are at tremendous risk.

The original reason GMO food was developed was money, use less crap on the food and grow more in places hard to grow in now. That makes sense to me for more then money. It exposes us to less known dangers directly or with nitrogen fertilizer run-off dangers. Yes there are reasons we need to know how GMO foods and other exposure in open environments may affect by genetic information transfer to other plants and even animals. But I think risk for many reasons is not the issue to have people scream eeeek!, when you say GMO foods. But the chance is remote but not zero. Hence we need to carefully do the controlled introduction first which we did not.

Yet to date the type of genetic transfer cross species that we can imagine even very cautious people like me with current GMO foods is much less of any risk compared to the other issues. But I never discount potential dangers even remote ones in areas that affect all of us. I'll continue to follow this issue and God knows others, and people wonder why I have no social life. THIS IS my social life, sigh...

edit on 6/3/12 by arbiture because: to wordy...

edit on 6/3/12 by arbiture because: spelling farts...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Great note! Thanks FlyersFan! The past few years TV viewership has become stag-net (most likely people are getting smarter - and seeking alternative forms of media) and online presence has continued to grow - prob b/c it's free, more convenient and most of all people smell how dirty MSM is and enjoy seeing real original content that is free from big business control...I think we are onto something..and hey, in the future - most in not everything will be online.

Thx for the response! B

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Good idea, yeah we got a couple things brewing that we can go after...the radio talk back show would be an interesting and fun idea...We are brainstorming now on ways that we can do more - so more is coming, just not sure how or what it will be at the moment..

side note - I will be on a podcast later tonight...8pm MST (7pm PST) I will be interviewed on the crappyawesome.com podcast and they will ask me about my background among other things I imagine...

yeh, the goal is to keep each thread recap around 40seconds to a min in length which is a constant challenge (b/c some are so in depth and interesting that it's hard to cover everything) but we've been experimenting and these comments really help steer where the show goes and how it's structured. Remember, if you have a question on a thread, topic or conspiracy, scandal, and/or the paranormal - I usually chk my twitter acct (@ATSRecapBryan) frequently so at the moment, that's the quickest way to reach me besides writing a U2U or posting comments here on ATS..

We have now bumped up our schedule to produce 4 shows per week, I believe the Monday & Wednesday shows are slightly less in total time than the Tuesday & Thursday

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

oOops! my apologies for that - this is a classic case of me looking quickly at the name and not digesting it...It will not happen again groingrinder...btw that's a hell-of-va better name

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Perhaps you could arrange an quick ats radio talk back show during the week as a follow up to the recap and subsequent recaps, nothing big just a quick 30min show.

Nice show, slightly short, the reply responses were okay but i would have liked more topics to have been included. The obvious difference in show time stands out like a sore thumb but otherwise wasn't bad.

Isnt that what ATS Live is? In fact, it is.....
I think Bryan's unique gig here is fun and I like his spin on how the top topics are sumamarized....
Humour is needed in this dark and serious world we live in!!

With that said.....I think Bryan needs to come on as a guest again....
I know we are scary but not THAT scary.........right?

I probably could use some Top5 tips from him though

edit on March 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

You bring up many valid & solid points....I always try to think of things from both points of view to help me understand why some decisions are made..

In the case of food production for mass population, the goal is to provide enough food and do it in an efficient and affordable manner.. I think many things were over-looked as decisions were made using their pocketbook mentality versus their health and/or the long-term effects of those decisions.

Thanks for watching!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by codegreenspace

No doubt money was the first reason this was looked at with an interest from those worried about growing crops in areas where they can't grow well now due to miserable soil, often strip and burned as in rain forest areas (dumb) or no use of crop rotation that destroyed the ability of any soil to be reduced to chalk. You had constant drought in the US Midwest in the early 1930's and they plowed over the land and planted again and the dust bowl created "black blizzards". One of my cousins driving from Indiana to California in 1932 (along with a lot of people at the time) died in just one of those unbelievable dust storms in Nebraska. He was buried and found months later, almost mummified.

They sent him back home to be buried and was advised that despite being Catholic and having a wake (visiting hours of the departed, and usually done with an open casket unless it would gross people out. His Dad, my great uncle took look at him and the family had always done what they could (like Don Corleone' with Santino in the God Father) to try to clean up the person, but was so shocked by what he saw, and it was him though his Dad couldn't tell, had to be hospitalized and no open coffin for that poor dude... Thats what weather f*** ups can do and now more then ever thanks to the environment saying "treat me like this, allow me to show what happens if you piss off Mama Nature"

The agricultural PTB saw this kind of "largess" as an public relations bonus to making money if they could help us and people overseas from this persistent horror. Some, quite a few who were in various occupations in companies that designed GMO foods, and suppliers I have to say the ones I met, who actually been in places like sub-Saharan Africa and huge ares of former rain forest the fragile (and thinnest soil on Earth from Asia to Africa to South America) were in my opinion totally shocked after seeing this first hand. And sincere.

As for pissing off Mama, we have to be careful not do so in any area including GMO, or any organism or environmental screw ups. Nature has unbelievable robust and adaptive capacity while I try to incorporate natural; as in biological and other organic-synthetic, or "tweaked" systems with our technology. But we just poisoned ourselves so much by the early to mid 20th century industrial infrastructure such as coal burning that in the early 1950's caused a lethal tempeture inversion and stagnant weather that caused one very respiratory-toxic brew to cover London and other UK industrial cities, the the death toll was horrendous. Cancers no doubt later sky rocketed.

I don't off-hand recall how many died, someone in the UK can get the figures if even the ability to tie cancers to that event was even possible. But they had fairly good emergency medical care being a hold over from war time response methods and the NHS, the socialized medical system. As the US Public Health Service did a lot of the same until the bureaucratic "cancer" complicated things so much for your American friends, or not thats a friendship that I think has done good for all of us. I don't agree with socialized medical systems, despite the fact the US has LONG HAD IT in that SOMEONE had to pay the bills of those who showed up in hospitals dyeing,

Were simple care could have prevented that insane approach by paying for basic care before you keel over. No one was EVER turned away, or ever should be, LONG BEFORE Obama. but it, the UK or Canadian or Australian you know every other modern democratic country like the military can quickly organizing a response to a calamity. The Public Health Service did just that until it got a zillion personalities and government workers to do paperwork, not the medical work but form fillers. Idiotic. Sorry to drone on but it all boils down to doing the right, thats moral thing. I will cover my view how we treat, when emergencies require it, and bill those countries were illegal aliens come from, ET's? Hey my treat.

But what does concern me in anything we do with screwing with nature when it is perceived we are not just killing our species. But I have a very strong feeling the Ghia entity as Earths total connected environment will if that environment and not its silly stupid species F*** ourselves the possible response is the same as any living thing that deals with a threat. Be it an attacking organism, infection, other entity/person/animal, the fact is all living things have the right at an instinctive level to defend themselves and when a threat is however perceived as major, the response is aggressive often fatal and immediate. Ghia is an entity-organism in my the sense of self is the awareness of all living things, but no less going to do any and everything to survive. That could be our downfall if we fail to see anything but the human race as divine. Divine? Acknowledge it. More later.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Isnt that what ATS Live is? In fact, it is.....
I think Bryan's unique gig here is fun and I like his spin on how the top topics are sumamarized....
Humour is needed in this dark and serious world we live in!!

With that said.....I think Bryan needs to come on as a guest again....
I know we are scary but not THAT scary.........right?

I probably could use some Top5 tips from him though

edit on March 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Hi Green,

Yes sure i understand and have tuned in on several shows and find them really nice. The difference with the ats show is that it take's a several topics and expands on them with great detail as input is from all the panel and from people calling in. BTW, out of everyone in there and i must say my favorite American accent is garth's (hope i got the name right ) and last but not least, i literally stop doing anything i do inforder to listen to Johnny's intro and mondo bizzaro fact's..
:up

Back to what i was saying is that perhaps and obviously if this is actually feasible is to have Bryans atsrecap and instantly have a mini show, something small, something like an "express" show for buzzing topics covered by the byrans ats with a short 30min break from the video to the live mini express show with a duration of 25-35min only, this could also be used as a pilot/teaser to the main show of ats live, although one would and can add other topics into the main ats live show. This would also members time to perhaps prepare a question or continue on with a topic from the "express" show that would be fed into the main ats live show.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by codegreenspace
reply to post by amongus

amongus, thx for watching...I have a few conspiracies that I most particularly enjoy and one of them, I would like to keep to myself for the time being...But I will however put a thread together on my biggest conspiracy...Thanks again and you will be the 1st to know when my 1st thread is posted..cheers!

Thanks boss....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by codegreenspace
reply to post by arbiture

You bring up many valid & solid points....I always try to think of things from both points of view to help me understand why some decisions are made..

In the case of food production for mass population, the goal is to provide enough food and do it in an efficient and affordable manner.. I think many things were over-looked as decisions were made using their pocketbook mentality versus their health and/or the long-term effects of those decisions.

Thanks for watching!

After reading your above comment, I think you have a lot more to offer ATS. Very well said B.

Nice.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nice Job Brian. I have become a big fan of ATS Recap.

By the way... LOVE that T-shirt. "This is what awesome looks like"

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

hahah, thanks man! yeh we saw the shirt on the shelf and had to grab it! nope, not a 5 finger discount this time but it did come out good on the show...

Thanks for watching! We have a good few recaps coming up - and we've continued to get better and better so be prepared for what your about to witness

top topics

join