It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Sentinel Island Forest and the tribe that inherits it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So i don't know if this belongs in here or in Fragile earth but its whatever

So i was stumbleing through the interweb the other day and came across this

North Sentinel Island Forest

This island is located in the Bay of Bengal, this island is surrounded by coral reef and since there are no good places to dock a ship this island was never deforested

Due to the isolation, North Sentinel Island has become home to the last pre-Neolithic tribe known as the Sentinelese.

this tribe is believed to be between 50-400 people in size, though the actual numbers are unknown. this tribe does not like any interferance from outsiders, which i would say is pretty much "us". on January 26th 2006, two men were illegally fishing for crabs very near the island, the tribe proceeded to attack and kill the two "invaders" when the coastguard attempted to recover the bodies they were also attack but suffered no casulties.

It was reported that the fisherman’s bodies were buried in shallow graves and not roasted and eaten. However, the idea that the tribe would eat the men is very real

when the indian ocean tsunami struck in 2004 it greatly damaged the coral reef surrounding the island and made it harder for the hunter-gather Sentinelse to obtain food, but they would eventually overcome this.

this is possibly one of the last neolithic civilzations that still inhabit the earth and i hope that we as a race do not interfere with them in anyway

listverse.com...

edit on 5-3-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the Papua New Guinea tribes are neolithic i never heard of the people you mention in this post they sound interesting but I can't make the links you supplied work

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Here is a general summary

Summary

Specific

specific

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

i just tried them both and they seemed to work

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They number about 120 in about 5 small settlements. The name of the island is Chiö-tá-kwö-kwe (told to M.V Portman by a SEntinelese living with the Onge'),but we do not know what they call themselves. They are essentially Jarawa (Jarawa actually call themselves Ung) but not modern Jarawa and they were intermingled with the Jangil when they left Little Andaman island around the early 1900's which is why the inhabitants of this island were first observed with long hair in early 1880's and now with short hair.

Long may they repel and kill the Indian fishermen who fish close by and steal from their reef. It's their home, if someone stronger invaded India, India would react with military force... that's what these guy do. And so they should

top topics

join