It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destruction Of The Earth. (Pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS, i have decided to create this thread to display the other end of the spectrum in regards to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest everybody to flag that thread as it is phenomenal!

Now, after witnessing the beauty of that thread, this thread will now display some of the damages that have been/are being done to the Earth, due to human impacts.

Some viewers may find some pics disturbing.

Just for thought. While the Earth is beautiful, just look what we are doing to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

S&F....

For we can truly see the beauty of Earth around us daily. However it is reminders like this that keep us sober to the fact that we live in a delicate and easily exploited place.

All of these pictures can be traced back to greed,selfishness,hate and all of the "bad" traits of humanity. I truly hope that we as a race wake up to the fact that for the time being we only have one planet and we all have to live here.

Love each other and respect your home!

It's pretty simple the way I see it.

Love
Red

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Great post man. It was a good idea to get this other side of the spectrum. It's just as important to see how fragile our existence is and the path we are headed down.

S&F

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

I agree. unfortunately, the more humanity progresses, the more we affect the world through all these means shown above. It seems to be something that is inevitable. Humanity as a whole should strive to keep the world looking as it does in the other thread i linked.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thanks mate

I agree, it is important to see both sides of the spectrum. I didn't put as much effort into it as you did on your thread, but i feel the pics in this one describe the negative effects.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The significance of this one is lost on me.
At a first glance, it doesnt look like the earth is being destroyed.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I should have commented on that one. It is Fracking.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Thank you for this, it is hard to look at, but it is the truth. We are not terribly bright. Sad.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My god that picture of a mother holding her burnt Vietnamese child is horrendous. War is good for absolutely nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
S&F! In my opinion the whole of humanity should be bomblasted with these type images daily until we take action to correct the negative impact we have made on this planet. I do believe we have exceeded the critical stage already and Mother Earth will retaliate against us all, if we continue to do nothing. Although the concept of a utopian society existing in harmony with nature is a farfetched idea, it is still a worthwhile goal.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Great thread. Humans really are doing a good job of destroying our environment. Considering it is all in our best interest to preserve it we are sure doing the opposite.

Try to find some pictures of mines, copper and coal, to throw up in the top, maybe some pictures of what we are doing to the rain forests.

top topics

join