It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul predicts 3 wins on Super Tuesday PLUS "Majority of Delegates" in those states.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

On CBS News' "Face the Nation," Texas Rep. Ron Paul sounds optimistic about the rest of the Republican nominating process. He predicts he will obtain a "majority of delegates" in Tuesday's bundle of nominating contests.
Spending the day campaigning in Alaska, Rep. Paul told host Bob Schieffer that he is looking to win three of the seven "Super Tuesday" states: Alaska, North Dakota and Idaho. Those three states are holding caucuses on Tuesday, and Paul is sticking with his strategy of focusing on the small caucus states that rely on activist voters.

I thought Ron Paul would fair much better in the Washington State caucus. However, he is predicting three wins on "Super Tuesday". That would be nice. The key here though is his prediction to win the majority of delegates this Tuesday. Now that would be something. Something that could snowball into bigger and better for Ron Paul fans. I don't see it happening but I sure hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: My bad, he is predicting a majority of delegates for just 3 states this Tuesdasy. Alaska, North Dakota and Idaho. IMO, that is entirely possible.

Those three states have a total of 87 delegates at stake - about 20 percent of the number to be allocated Tuesday. Paul told Schieffer that there is a "good chance we come out with a majority of delegate."

edit on 4-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Yeah on a good day I can see him winning 20% of those three states.

When I read the title I started to cry I was laughing so hard.

Ron Paul...

edit on 4-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Pretty much agree, i don't see it happening but anything is possible i guess....

I support RP, and i've always bring it up during political discussions and people look at me like i'm from space.

All we can do is try to change minds i guess.... and support the guy any way we can, it won't be a waste at least we can try.

Here's hoping Ron Paul wins.... and we can finally forget about these other yo-yo's who i cannot for the life of me fathom how anyone believes they can beat Obama.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

OK, poo-poo Ron Paul, no problem. But please back it up with some arguement. Who do you prefer as a R candidate? Are you an Obama supporter? Why is Ron Paul a poor choice?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think it is likely Ron Paul will win most delegates in those three states and Virginia... Ron Paul may not be the most popular republican candidate but his strategy from the beginning has been to focus on the delegates by getting his supporters to become delegates.. By the time the convention comes around Ron Paul will have the most delegates.. Yes, even more than that Mitt Romney guy...
As far as Santorum and Gingrich go, there are not enough delegates to go around for either of those two to win the nomination..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
God bless him for his optimism, but we cannot deny what is staring us in the face. These elections are rigged. The corrupt machine that Ron Paul is up against cannot be beaten unless his campaign uses the same dirty methods it is being subjected to.

People are giving their heart and soul to Paul's campaign, and, no matter how much optimism, energy, and effort is invested, the only thing that becomes clearer as time goes by is any belief that "We The People" actually elect the leaders in this country is a fantasy. The government doesn't care what we think...they don't care if we are unhappy....and they don't even care if we live or die.

It seems a large number of voters are not interested in what is happening in this election. More importantly, by the looks of some of the turnouts, one could surmise that many voters don't even give a crap about voting anymore. They turn a blind eye to the reports of mismanaged caucuses, inconsistent reporting of the numbers, and witness accounts of shady dealings at the precincts. And, as far as the media is concerned, it's just us "wacky Ron Paul fanatics having hissy fits because we're sore losers." Chalk one up for the propaganda machine yet AGAIN.

And as Romney emerges as the alleged "victor" in these primaries and caucuses, I ponder why I have yet to personally encounter ONE Romney supporter anywhere I go.

What I DO encounter, however, are the individuals who continue to confound my mind with such logic that implies if Ron Paul, "THE RACIST," is president, this country will revert back to a time when blacks sat in the back of the bus. And, I would be remiss if I did not mention those anti-Paul types who believe that Ron Paul wishes to legislate a woman's reproductive organs. How ironic that most of them happen to be men or women over 40 who probably stand a snowball's chance in hell of even having to worry about getting pregnant at their age anyway.

I'm thoroughly disgusted.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

What I DO encounter, however, are the individuals who continue to confound my mind with such logic that implies if Ron Paul, "THE RACIST," is president, this country will revert back to a time when blacks sat in the back of the bus. And, I would be remiss if I did not mention those anti-Paul types who believe that Ron Paul wishes to legislate a woman's reproductive organs. How ironic that most of them happen to be men or women over 40 who probably stand a snowball's chance in hell of even having to worry about getting pregnant at their age anyway.

I feel your pain and frustration here. These are pretty much the typical liberal accusations, and it's pretty sad to see people SO jaded, mis-informed and so full of spite that they refuse to see logically that those accusations are completely un-realistic even IF Ron Paul wanted them to be true. Obama was the "cool" guy to vote for in 08' because voting for president now is much like voting on "American Idol." Chris Mathews got all "tingly" down his leg on live T.V., the media sold him like they were selling tickets to a Michael Jackson concert. This is all coming from the same people who tried to tell me that if I didn't vote for Obama in 08', I was racist. There are so many twisted doublestandards happening, I don't even know where to begin. It's easily the most frustrating and mind boggling thing I have ever witnessed.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul has been doing much better in the race for delegates than the media or the nay-Sayers would have you believe. Paul might only average 20 percent of the public poll, but for those three states it can be expected of him to win the delegate race, as he often does.

It's good to hear that Paul still sees the light at the end of the tunnel, if he can keep up his spirits it'll help keep the people motivated, and stop them from believing the propaganda that he can't hold his own, and isn't even winning delegates. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Paul's chances this election year.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Rick Perry all the way!

Ron Paul just has some far fetched radical ideas most of which would never make their way through congress. His foreign relations policy is a complete joke. Who would his running mate be Sarah Palin? lol

At this point I guess Obama would be my second choice. I don't agree with his ObamaCare but I think he has the experience now and may be our best bet for a diplomatic solution with Iran.
edit on 4-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

There are so many twisted doublestandards happening, I don't even know where to begin. It's easily the most frustrating and mind boggling thing I have ever witnessed.

Yes, but there are a number of events that could easily give this current debacle a run for it's money in the "Most Mind-boggling" category. I would submit, "Oops...No Weapons of Mass Destruction," and "The Strange Stain on Monica's Blue Dress" as contenders. Those are just two that come to mind off the top of my head.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Ron Paul just has some far fetched radical ideas most of which would never make their way through congress.

Really? The notion that his ideas wouldn't make their way through Congress speaks more about the level of corruption within our Congress than it does to the "radical-ness" of Ron Paul's ideas.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
It's easily the most frustrating and mind boggling thing I have ever witnessed.

I couldn't agree more. I sometimes find myself wanting to slam my head into my screen to make the televised idiocy stop... at least in my mind.

And the sad thing is...everyone I talk to in the 3-D world pretty much agrees with me. We all know we are getting screwed by TPTB. No one seems to know what to do about it though, so we just keep our heads down.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

You are right about Congress and the Senate having some corrupt members.

That being said I don't see the connection when it comes to approving some radical idea.

Are you saying that every person who disagrees with Paul is corrupt? Give me a break even you don't believe that nonsense....do you?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
You are right about Congress and the Senate having some corrupt members.

Really???

Have you done ANY research into the revolving door policies between the federal government, and massive corporations?

Or the mountains of dead, to protect us from those WMD's...no wait, to protect us from philosophies we don't like?

Or the thousands locked away in federal prisons who have never harmed a human soul?

That being said I don't see the connection when it comes to approving some radical idea.

Before we continue this for pages, on pages.... could you please explain which of Ron Paul's ideas is radical? Are you a fan of the constitution? You know, the founding document of our nation...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There's a clear trend with Ron Paul's polling in the 2012 primaries.

He's making some reasonable percentage gains in states which he did well in 4 years ago, but he's making nothing more than minor headway in the vast majority of states where he polled badly in 2008.

For example, he's improved 18% in Maine and 11% in Minnesota (two of his top states in 2008), but has made negligible gains in the likes of Colorado, Missouri and Florida (states where he flopped in 2008.)

All in all, he's not making any tangible inroads nationwide, but merely building on his support in small, less urbanised and - dare I say it - less socially and ethnically diverse northern states.

With this in mind, he has a chance of winning North Dakota on ''Super Tuesday'', but little else.

Wait till Montana comes around; he'll be a shoo-in to win there.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yeah on a good day I can see him winning 20% of those three states. When I read the title I started to cry I was laughing so hard. Ron Paul...

I was wondering where such an insightful and thought provoking post comes from, then I saw your avatar and it explained it. Your highly intelligent comment is obviously influenced by watching such intellectually stimulating shows like Family Guy. Please post something beyond a third graders level or don't try to "contribute" at all. We'll see who's laughing come convention time.

RON PAUL 2012
edit on 4-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

I will post what I want when I want.

You Ron Paul backers need to return to reality.

Count the delegates buddy Paul won't win!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I will be surprised if they allow Ron Paul to win a single state.

After what happened in Maine, I really think they won't let him win at all, that way when he gets to the convention, they can use the argument that he didn't win anywhere even once.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Those far fetched ideas you refer to are part and parcel of the U.S. Constitution....why is that silly or extremist?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I might add that ANYONE running for president that doesn't understand the constitution is either really stupid or is an active enemy of the constitution.

Romney/newt/santorum/obama supporters might like to read the constitution, read their respective votes on bills and think about that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join