It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Of course the left Obama supporters on ATS are going to jump all over this like flies on #.

Ron Paul wants to take less money out of your pocket, therefore you will have it available to you to buy tornado insurance. But of course that means less money the federal government will have to spread around.

Just think a minute before you react to an article.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
1. UNITED we stand. DIVIDED we fall.

The larger the group, the more can be accomplished. Plenty of analogies have been provided for you. The military, for one.

2. FEMA enters a state disaster zone by invitation only.

If the Governor thinks the state can handle things on their own, they don't call, and they don't come. Katrina was such a cluster *, it's not the best example. They can still apply for "FEMA aid", requesting money for the rebuilding of infrastructures, as has also been pointed out to you. (by OutKast Searcher, I think).

3. If one more person says you have to be "intelligent" to understand "Ron Paul", if you hear a shrill voice in agony outside your door, it is me screaming.

Vote, vote vote for him! He'll never make it to the election anyway. I do like the man, but I will continue to support the incumbent.

Bon Jour et bonne chance!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

He said why should someone elses tax dollars pay for them?

Correct.

But what I have been maintaining throughout still stands. The Federal Government never has bailed out people from natural disasters.

They have said that they do, but this is just a lie. The money that goes to relief is devoured before it ever gets to help the victims. I speak from personal experience on this. The system is corrupt and does not do what it says it does. It is a LIE.

And yet you guys are defending a lie that isn't functional - that isn't functioning - that never has functioned and blaming Ron Paul for wanting to do away with the dysfunctional charade.

You can either fix the broken system - good luck on that - or do away with it. If there is no water running under the bridge, you don't need the bridge and you may as well burn it, or make it a landmark.

"Come one, come all, see the bridge that never worked..."

Makes no sense. Buy insurance or quit whining.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by muse7

As long as the federal government takes taxes from your paycheck, they should provide a safety net for people in case of natural disasters.

Yes they should, right down to stubbed toe insurance, but they don't and never have. That money actually goes to the Federal Reserve, and if we get rid of it, we will no longer have any need for Federal Income Tax, which would amount to an average increase in incomes for salaried employees of 35%.

Enough to buy insurance with. See how that works?

Oh snap! Lol...

I always thought it was CRAZY that we allow a 'Private Bank' to print our currency out of thin air and then charge us INTEREST on top of it!

Our constitution clearly states that only CONGRESS can do this. If we can't get rid of the Federal Reserve, it should at least be 'Federalized' and instead of our 35% going to a bunch of Off Shore bankers, it could be used HERE in our country. Maybe we should focus more on this? If only we had a presidential candidate that was for doing this... oh wait, we do and his name is RON PAUL!!!

edit on 5-3-2012 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

The laws of the government set by the constitution are timeless, The only thing ever up for debate and clarification was the rights of women and blacks. No where did it say that they were not entitled these rights. Try educating yourself on the content of the constitution, as well as its creation, and how the federalist papers are important.

Those were the ONLY things ever up for debate????

And you are right, the constitution didn't say women weren't entitled to voting rights...it left it up to the states...you know...just like Ron Paul wants to. And the States said...Women...you can't vote. So the Constitution had to be amended to fix that...and it had to fix the States allowing slavery...and it had to fix giving blacks rights...and it had to again specifically fix women voting rights.

And no...the fedeeralist papers are not important...if they were that important, they should have been included in the Constitution. That's like saying all the debates leading up to the passage of the health care reform bill are just as important as the bill itself when we interpret the meaning of the bill.

The Federalist Papers were propaganda to get the Constitution ratified...they have no bearing on the interpretation of the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Helping each other has been a long tradition in the U.S..

That the fed gov would come to aid the states in time of disaster is only reasonable.

When it comes to insurance, I trust the government over corporations any day.

Ron Paul wants corporations to run our country, and anyone who believes that corporations should run our country is a fool.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Makes no sense. Buy insurance or quit whining.

Insurance is sometimes not enough. It might fix your house, but what about the road that leads to your driveway? You might have a new car, but where are you going to drive it if you can't get out your driveway? What if your new house is nicely connected to water pipes, but nothing comes out of them?

Okay, here. Why do you think FEMA was created? Think about it.

It was created to fill a NEED. How was that realized? Trial and Error.

Use your head. To do away with a federal support system is going back into a past structure that was inadequate to meet the needs of a country this size, and of this sophistication.

The libertarian wants things to be the way they used to be I guess. Like my grandfather.

We must move forward and progress to meet our current needs. The planet is doing a number on us, and I predict it's going to get worse. We will need each other - as a whole. A UNITED whole.
edit on 3/5/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You just refuse to do something yourself.
Why would I donate to the Red Cross when the head of it makes 500K per year that gets paid from the money I donate.

If you donate a loaf a bread yourself, they get the whole loaf.
If you donate the same load to the government, Red Cross, etc...every hand it touches gets a slice.

And no, it's not too late after the disaster. They certainly don't need the food beforehand!!

If we would all help our neighbors and communities ourselves, we would be giving a much larger share than if the government and all the workers have to take their cut along the way.

The Red Cross is great for helping Japan, Indonesia, etc. Places we can't help directly.
But OUR country?
OUR neighbors?

We should be doing the recovery and assistance ourselves!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

There is a difference between providing emergency food, shelter, clothing and writing out freaking checks!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
1. UNITED we stand. DIVIDED we fall.

The larger the group, the more can be accomplished. Plenty of analogies have been provided for you. The military, for one.

2. FEMA enters a state disaster zone by invitation only.

If the Governor thinks the state can handle things on their own, they don't call, and they don't come. Katrina was such a cluster *, it's not the best example. They can still apply for "FEMA aid", requesting money for the rebuilding of infrastructures, as has also been pointed out to you. (by OutKast Searcher, I think).

3. If one more person says you have to be "intelligent" to understand "Ron Paul", if you hear a shrill voice in agony outside your door, it is me screaming.

Vote, vote vote for him! He'll never make it to the election anyway. I do like the man, but I will continue to support the incumbent.

Bon Jour et bonne chance!

Unfortunately, people are more likely to ask for help if they have become lazy already asking for the gov for help all the time. This isn't what people want, but once you're forced into it its hard to change. It's like a kid that always asks for something and gets it even when he doesn't really need it and his parents know he can fix it himself. Sounds like a ton of people living in basements.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

But OUR country?
OUR neighbors?

Then do it, and prove there is absolutely no need for FEMA.

I imagine that you are on your way to the tornado ravaged areas right now as we speek...right?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by BellaSabre

There is a difference between providing emergency food, shelter, clothing and writing out freaking checks!!

If there is a state wide disaster there will be no one to hand out food, shelter and clothing, unless nearby states have the mercy in their hearts to share, and if they are able to. Hopefully I wont be in a state with a neighbor like you.
Most Americans are good and generous in this way, but it could take weeks for good Samaritans to respond, and it could be too late.

I'm done here anyway, it's a moot point. He won't be elected, and we won't be going back in time.
thank God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of you guys seem to have a severe case of "Lemmings Sickness".

Seriously.
Peace Out.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by lpowell0627

But OUR country?
OUR neighbors?

Then do it, and prove there is absolutely no need for FEMA.

I imagine that you are on your way to the tornado ravaged areas right now as we speek...right?

ONE more thing before I leave this frustrating mess, Sir.
YOU are AWESOME.
My best.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

The original intent of the founders was also to restrict women from voting and allowing blacks to be in slavery.

Forgive me if I don't worship the founders and respect their "original intent" so much.

The best thing the founders gave us was the ability to change the document and to adapt to current times.

Well, I do agree with you that the document is mutable and that is how it was amended to rectify the very issues with which you have issue - women voting and slavery.

However, that said I see no amendments that authorize the federal government to levy taxes for the purpose of "providing a social safety net" as you and the OP have referred to it. Someone just magicked up an organization and appointed a campaign donor and viola - he can make whatever "regulations" he wants.

It's how politicians get their most extreme agenda items enacted/passed without even having to petition the people or the legislature.

Manufacture a crisis or need then pay off the lemming populace by giving them back their own money after it's laundered in 10 layers of federal paychecks... They think you are doing them a favor - lol! All the while you are paying back your supporters with kickbacks from the treasury. Classic.

I am all for changes to the constitution but within the framework of the rules not through fiat and or the creation of organizations - like FEMA who can pass whatever "regulations" they wish absent the consent of the governed.

See I am all for laws because they are made by legislators who are accountable to the people they represent; however, regulations and policies made by appointed cronies - not so much.

Why are there no amendments that increase the powers of the federal government outside the 18 or so enumerated powers? Because it’s hard and the legislators don’t want to have to answer to the people for all this inane crap the alphabet organizations levy on us every year.

80K pages of new regulations every year… Really? They are as a group cowards.

Absent an amendment ratified by the States these regulatory bodies like, the EPA and FEMA and FDA etc., are illegal and represent an imposition of tyranny by stripping the States and the people of rights they did not grant the all powerful and mighty Fed.

Want the authority to levy taxes for disaster relief amend the constitution - otherwise give it back to the States and local governments where it belongs.

edit on 5/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by jazzguy

The issue is..........

Our tax money should be used to help us out,,,,,,,,,,,

Not the Africans, Asians, Middle Eastern's, or any other non US citizen.........

What is the problem with that?

Is it ok to tax the crap out of us and then turn a cold shoulder when we are in need?

But we sure will send billions to Israel

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just stated. I say it is now time for us to focus on our domestic issues. Enough of our hard working tax dollars have been spent to fight in Iraq & Afghanistan, and as far as Israel goes, let them fight their own war, because you know it's coming, it's just a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Not everyone that opposes RP is an Obama supporter.

Maybe they could be a Romney supporter or a Santorum supporter or even a Gingrich supporter!

Me? I support no one.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The SCOTUS has the final say over the Constitutionality of laws in the United States.

If you or Ron Paul thinks FEMA goes against the Constitution, bring it up with the SCOTUS, present a court case, work it up to the SCOTUS, present your argument and evidence. If you do in fact respect laws...you will respect their decision.

Neither you nor Ron Paul has the authority to declare that alone.

Respect the Constitution is what you say is true and live by the laws that the SCOTUS have deemed Constitutional...because that is how the Constitution spells it out to work.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Some folks could use a civics lesson in how the SCOTUS works.

The President alone cannot bring sweeping changes by himself.

Putting Ron Paul into power will not ensure that unicorns will magically appear so that they may jump over rainbows.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast SearcherThe SCOTUS has the final say over the Constitutionality of laws in the United States.

Would this be the same court who ruled that coperations are people? I'm sure they have no agenda right....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thanks.

Went to Joplin myself....laden with supplies and a willingness to help.

Care to do the same????

Edit to add: Further, when Irene came through I helped my neighbors and community that were flooded. We had no power, but were dry, and had four people sleeping on the floor.

And guess what? I don't even do half as much as I should!!

Not to mention I would have more money and supplies to donate and give to others if the freaking government didn't take more than 30% of my income.

edit on 5-3-2012 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join