It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free phone from government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
It is obvious that not one person commenting in this thread knows what they are talking about.........

That is the problem with society....

Everybody thinks they are better than everybody else................

People make me sick

Ditto. They make me sick too, liejunkie.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Okay.
So, do you have a link?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

If only it was as simple as that. Ask yourself this, would you rather you tax money be used to help your fellow man or kill your fellow man?

I'm missing where that choice is a required one to make here. The lack of a freebie phone isn't going to kill my fellow man. Getting that freebie phone won't save them either. It IS giving them yet another item they only had to ask to receive while I'm struggling some months to pay the bill on mine. Must be nice when Uncle Sam becomes Uncle Hand-Out. I've never had the pleasure of seeing Uncle from that perspective, myself. I'm sure sick of watching what I do see from THIS perspective. Uncle has always had his hand IN my pocket, not handing things out.

Time for common sense to return here. Man went for thousands of years without a cell phone as a requirement of life...and these people aren't THAT special.

Enough with the handouts. How can anyone EVER expect these people to make their OWN life when everything in life is not only handed out for free, but done with encouragement and help for those who couldn't find the freebie program themselves??

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by PW229

Define *needy*. Because I sure as sh*t don't see *needy* as those creating a mob scene at malls to get a pair of Nike's to sell on ebay for $2,500.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

So the behaviour of a few skews your attitude of the many? Hook line and sinker bud, you fell for it.

I think we can all agree there are those that "play the system" but the vast majority are indeed needy. But what would you rather see on the news? A bunch of people fighting over shoes or a single mother barely scraping by to feed her children?

Allow me to explain to you the source of your anger. We are pre-disposed to helping our fellow human, evolution recognised a long long time ago that we are stronger together than we are divided. Years of being told, "Only the strongest survive, only the fittest survive," has dulled that natural instinct and now you actually believe it. Your anger is because you are doing something unnatural, there is a conflict in all of us, we want to do what's right for our fellow man but we've been told that's wrong.

I'm sure this will elicit a negative response but dig a bit deeper into your heart, you want to help but you've been brainwashed into thinking selfishly.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat What do you think? Why does the government give away almost free phones?

I'll take "to track their movements" for 100 doallars.

A cell phone is an electronic spy.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I've dug to the deepest parts of my heart. When I see someone in need, as in a neighbor, I take supplies to them.

Cook for them. Give them veggies from my gardens.Help them out with rides to places they need to go. Help them repair their home if needed.

I don't accept you saying, the whole damn U.S. is my personal neighborhood I need to take care of. That is the problem my friend, people don't help out their neighbors anymore, so have relegated that task to the government. Then the government decides how much to charge us for doing our job, and just who needs taking care of.

I'm set in my attitude, and all the whining in the world is not going to change it. At 61, I've earned the right to my state of mind. I don't live in fluffy la-la land.....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by PW229

I've dug to the deepest parts of my heart. When I see someone in need, as in a neighbor, I take supplies to them.

Cook for them. Give them veggies from my gardens.Help them out with rides to places they need to go. Help them repair their home if needed.

I don't accept you saying, the whole damn U.S. is my personal neighborhood I need to take care of. That is the problem my friend, people don't help out their neighbors anymore, so have relegated that task to the government. Then the government decides how much to charge us for doing our job, and just who needs taking care of.

I'm set in my attitude, and all the whining in the world is not going to change it. At 61, I've earned the right to my state of mind. I don't live in fluffy la-la land.....

I don't live there either but I visited once, terrible hotels and the beach was too "fluffy."

So you freely admit that you are doing your best to help your neighbour? That is indeed a good thing but how is that so different from your tax dollars being used to help those you cannot see?

Perhaps it's these rose tinted glasses I keep wearing when visiting "fluffy la-la land" that render me incapable of seeing a much bigger picture.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
It is obvious that not one person commenting in this thread knows what they are talking about.........

That is the problem with society....

Everybody thinks they are better than everybody else................

People make me sick

I take it you are resigning as a member of *people*. Are you a *people* who pays taxes, then can't make ends meet, while the so called needy are being offered a freebie buffet on our dime.

I get it...you are the elusive ET everyone is waiting for to come fix our world......

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hmmm.. did you people get this pissed off when the government was handing "your tax dollars" to big banks? To auto manufacturers? Probably not right? But if there are programs to help the poor... oh my. How dare they.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well if you do not have a mobile (even if its not on 24/7) you are not playing on a level field to the ress of society.

Its being able to talk to anyone, at anytime. If you have no money, you cant afford a phone and you need to pay to travel there to say it in person instead! Making getting a phone even harder, and if you have a phone but are poor you will need to trade conversations in person or on the phone with nothing at all.

-sorta does make alot of sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

reply to post by PW229

I don't live there either but I visited once, terrible hotels and the beach was too "fluffy."

So you freely admit that you are doing your best to help your neighbour? That is indeed a good thing but how is that so different from your tax dollars being used to help those you cannot see?

Perhaps it's these rose tinted glasses I keep wearing when visiting "fluffy la-la land" that render me incapable of seeing a much bigger picture.

Whoa Nelly...you ask how is it any different from me helping my neighbor, and gubbmint taking my money and doing the same.

I'll tell you how it's different. When I can't afford to give something to a neighbor, if doing so will put me in a financial hole, I don't give what I don't have. Simple as that.

Gubbmint doesn't give a squat about what my needs, in my personal life are. They just keep taking my money and doing whatever they want with it. I have no choice....that's the difference.

I work hard for my money....raining down free cell phones on the needy masses, like manna from heaven, is NOT my choice on how my money should be spent.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Hmmm.. did you people get this pissed off when the government was handing "your tax dollars" to big banks? To auto manufacturers? Probably not right? But if there are programs to help the poor... oh my. How dare they.

You bet your sweet patootie I did get mad over the bank debacle. I closed my bank account and moved to a member owned credit union. I took my money away from them to play with. So did millions of other people....kinda makes your itty bitty rant moot.....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You bet your sweet patootie I did get mad over the bank debacle. I closed my bank account and moved to a member owned credit union. I took my money away from them to play with. So did millions of other people....kinda makes your itty bitty rant moot.....

Not really fella... Banks are still getting over on everyone aren't they?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Not really fella... Banks are still getting over on everyone aren't they?

Silly goose...Fox news, about 5 minutes ago ran a piece on BofA loosing over 1 million customers on the big close your account day, and how credit unions are a boom business to the consumer tired of being charged to death with new fees.by ALL the large banks. That the big banks are hurting because of their greed.

Educate yourself so you don't look foolish online. BTW, I'm a Woman...but if it makes you feel better to call me fella....oh well....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It is 1000 minutes.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Fidelity offers phone service for less than $2.00 through the same program if you get internet and cable service.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 4-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is a waste of tax money. It has nothing to with poverty. The government is giving money to telecommunication companies.

I'd much rather see the government pay for courses that teach people how to communicate. What good is a phone when you aren't saying much?

We have much bigger problems that social status associated to mobile technology.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think a phone is necessary nowadays.Anyone in Michigan who has a food card is eligible to get one.They call them Obama phones here,lol.They are low end type phones that you cant even download anything on.I have one i use when my regular cell has problems(frequently).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Silly goose...Fox news, about 5 minutes ago ran a piece on BofA loosing over 1 million customers on the big close your account day, and how credit unions are a boom business to the consumer tired of being charged to death with new fees.by ALL the large banks. That the big banks are hurting because of their greed.

Silly goose, or should I say Hen? You let the FOX guard your home again!

You know, that November 5th event largely supported and promoted by OWS and ANON.
Tell us what you think of those guys now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join