It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing the name of this forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't like the title "Fragile Earth" for this forum. The Earth is anything but fragile.

How about "Fragile Humans Screwing Up And Arrogantly Thinking They Can And Need To Fix Resilient Earth."

Too long?

Earth is not fragile, humans are.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hear you, but i like the slight irony of the original

2nd

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
that kind of thought and argument is ruining this site for me. this forum used to be more active and interesting. i learned a lot. now anytime someone posts anything regarding global warming/climate change someone comes in and derails the whole thing with arguments about how climate change is a hoax. this forum is about the earth and what's going on with it whether you think it's fragile or not.

now i'm sure you're going to say some not nice things to me now about what a fool i am to believe in climate change.

maybe there should be a forum where people can discuss climate change? do we need TWO earth forums? one for the deniers and one for those of us who believe it's real?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
even the title of the forum says: Discussion of climate change, pollution, and environment issues. maybe you need your own forum to discuss not believing in those things.

i think the OP was started in an antagonistic way.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
man made natural disasters

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I fully believe in climate change so no worries there. I suppose my point is despite all the crap we spew into the air, dump in the water, and spill on the ground, the earth does seem to recover. But I am in no way condoning those acts. I feel earth is pretty resilient. That said, climate change is real, has been for ages, but I cannot stand the politicization of global warming from the manipulators who use it for profit and votes.

Furthermore, the earth is Gods greatest creation. The way we treat it, nearly without exception, is criminal. We as humans cannot be perfect, and we are ALL to blame. But we all have to do what we can, as every little bit counts.

new topics

top topics

join