It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins greet each other by name

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

This thread totally rocks!

IMO I like to believe most animals have souls, growing up with cats and dogs I have yet to meet one with the exact same personalitiy they are all individuals with likes and dislikes.

Thanks OP for a nice find S&F from me!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Very interesting, and carries some deep implications..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Hell we know that. Check my posts on echo-location and communication methods. They also seem to "play" with extrodinarly advance math...But thats another issue. We should hardly be surprised. They have over ten million years of evolution in an ambient tempeture at most latitudes then us "land livers".

Makes sense after all that time and not have to worry about clothing or shelter as we do, and any land animal does, they would develop more then a unique society but an ability to use abstract concepts far, far above us. Having studied Dolphin and Bat echo-location and encrypted communication for years I have no doubt.

By the way it seems the communication actually changes during its transmission threw the water. We don't yet know why, other then it implies intelligent adaptation to changing environmental conditions which makes sense. They don't encrypt largely for covert communications sake though they appear to do that. Mostly, they have encrypted and encoded communication just to make it more effective and fault tolerant. Wow... I love my job!

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join