Dolphins greet each other by name

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

I don't think their is any way we know what a dolphins noise means. I think they are guessing. Unless Dr Doolittle himself says it I'm gonna call bs.. Dont mean to burst any bubbles just my opinion.

So, what is your qualifications then? I don't mind having my bubble burst by people whom are an expert in a relevant field. You some marine biologist with a masters in linguistics or something?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Reminded me of this video

www.liveleak.com...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
If Dolphins are aware enough to know their own names and can tell other dolphins as well then it's another clue to their level of intelligence.
And how do we deal with them now?

We should make a human to dolphin translator and then ask em, if they would like, to tell us about Atlantis and other secrets of the deep ocean.
We could also train them to help coast guards and maybe gps tag em and make them show us illegal poachers.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
You some marine biologist with a masters in linguistics or something?

Is anyone here a marine biologist?!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by SaturnFX
You some marine biologist with a masters in linguistics or something?

Is anyone here a marine biologist?!

Don't know.
But the people in the article have qualifications

"It's not just 'I'm so-and-so,' but the other information also in that whistle is, 'I'm so-and-so, and I'm interested in making contact in a friendly way, I'm not attacking,'" said study researcher Vincent Janik, an expert in animal communication at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.

So, who to listen to...a expert in animal communications at the U/Scot, or some guy whom probably makes burgers for a living.
tough call.

Other things that I am stuck on
Should I listen to my doctor about my health, or the guy whom washes my car
Should I listen to an electrician about my electrical problems, or a drummer.

I think you get the point.
I tend to go with what experts..especially a group of experts say about something
They say the dolphins are saying names..then as far as I am concerned, they are saying names.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Even plants are sentient beings as this video shows:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Give them rights? They just lost their right to remain silent, we found they can talk. Maybe we'll find out we can't get them to shut up after we learn to translate what they are saying..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm with you I was just joking on the marine biologist part because in the show Seinfeld, George lies to his new girlfriend that he is a marine biologist...and well, it's really funny.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

I have never seen this video ever.....If this is true that is the craziest @@@@ i have ever seen!!!!!! Nice. thank you for posting i enjoyed it very much

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Dolphins are highly spiritual Extraterrestrials incarnated from Sirius B. Sirius B is a water planet in a higher frequency, which is why they have chosen to live on earth in the ocean as dolphins and whales. In a whale you can find a group-consciousness, beacuse many souls from Sirius B are incarnating together in a whale. They can also incarnate in human form or live in etheric form. One can say that whales are like organic spaceships, where you can find sometimes teams of up to 100 people in a group consciousness together. That is why whales are big mobile vortex portals. When dolphins jump and twirl, they create a happy vortex energy, and this energy is amplified in the group. If you are close to them, you can feel the powerful healing energy of love. Earth humans should protect them and learn from them.

LIGHT & LOVE
edit on 4-3-2012 by wazz1e because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wazz1e

Look up the god Apollo

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That's really super cool and I'm all for giving dolphins rights but seriously what are the odds? Mankind is way too arrogant to give a crap about sentient dolphins in the ocean. I can still see dolphins getting caught in nets for lack of people caring.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Please read the before mentioned book, it may give you a broader perspective.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I'm no marine biologists, have been a nursing student, CNA, waitress, paper wrapper, pie maker, runner on the CBOE, Claims Adjuster, Financial Report Runner, State Compliance, Technical Asst (secretary) for some company officials, a researcher for a professor in college, and a few other jobs...............one day swimming off Pensacola Beach a pod of Dolphins swam by me and they were yapping and clicking up a storm, really talking away there, even to me as they swam by.

I felt a couple say, Hi, bye, have a good day, thanks for the fish! (See Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy).

They were smart enough to not only "talk" but not bump into or hurt me. I told them how beautiful they were and wished them a safe journey.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone making this an interesting thread. I was intrigued by those attributing a spiritual nature to dolphins. We know dolphins have empathy, we've all read the stories of dolphins rescuing human swimmers in trouble.

I can't say for sure where the empathy comes from, it could come from them being highly social animals as we are. Their empathy even extends to other species, like us.

I don't think we've learned everything there is to know about this astonishing species yet. I hope that we learn how to share Earth with them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Wow what a video. Think of the rain forest and what the plants and trees are telling earth. We are in so much trouble. No wonder we have so many storms volcanoes and quakes. Earth is trying to rid itself of the pest.

I cant even wrap my brain around it all but maybe I will and post a comment about it later.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
thats freakin sweet i wonder if whales and dolphins can communicate?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

That must have been awesome. I could feel them bouncing sound waves and greetings off you as they passed you by. A close encounter of the third kind to be sure. Thanks for telling...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I think humans would take advantage of that technology, use it for selfish reasons like counter-intelligence. They would still consider themselves "smarter" then the dolphin and therefore consider the dolphin to be disposable.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wazz1e

Dolphins are highly spiritual Extraterrestrials incarnated from Sirius B. Sirius B is a water planet in a higher frequency, which is why they have chosen to live on earth in the ocean as dolphins and whales. In a whale you can find a group-consciousness, beacuse many souls from Sirius B are incarnating together in a whale. They can also incarnate in human form or live in etheric form. One can say that whales are like organic spaceships, where you can find sometimes teams of up to 100 people in a group consciousness together. That is why whales are big mobile vortex portals. When dolphins jump and twirl, they create a happy vortex energy, and this energy is amplified in the group. If you are close to them, you can feel the powerful healing energy of love. Earth humans should protect them and learn from them.

LIGHT & LOVE

Sirius C is the planet you are referring to, Sirius B is not a planet it is a white dwarf star within the Sirius system.-
Sirius C was reputedly detected a long time ago yet main stream astronomers failed to detect it again - or more likely did not want to acknowledge it's existence.
However it has been speculated that indeed Sirius C does exist as it's peturbance of the main sequence star Sirius A has been measured.
All animals birds etc conciously comminicate with each other - Their way of communication is it's own and is not our way - they have souls as we have soul but the do not have the arrogance we do nor the attitude they are soveriegn rulers of the Earth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join