It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting the peices together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The whole reason I am writing this today was inspired by an event that occurred yesterday while I was at school which is a college so you think people would know better.

First a girl went to throw a paper cup into the garbage which was located immediately next to 3 recycling bins and I slapped the cup in mid fall so that it did not go into the garbage. She proceeded to ask me what my problem was and I responded, it is recyclable, and then pointed to the bin. She looked at me as if I was insane and then walked away without picking the cup up. Right after this happened another girl walked up and attempted to throw away a plastic cup, I was too busy picking up the paper cup to stop her, but I simply said to her "you know that is recyclable right?" and she looked and me and then mocked me to her friend as they walked away.

This is a philosophy thread because this is my personal philosophy on how the world works in a nutshell. First you all know or should know that everything in the illusion of life is a cycle, even life itself. It is all about maintaining balance, every thing has an equal opposite.

Life has death, black has white, fast has slow, and so on... Anyway what I am getting at is we are at the tipping point in time where that balance in life must be maintained. We as individuals on the whole are out of sync with the planet, we have become nothing more than a pest(pestilence) to the Earth. rather than living in harmony Thus the Earth which is also living is attempting to rid itself of the infection.

Think of when you get sick, you go through the same motions, you get a fever, you get the chills, you shake a bit, you vomit, and then you go to sleep all the while your immune system fights the infection on auto pilot. Hopefully if you are lucky there is someone to take care of you and help you along the way.

On the grand scheme of things we are to the universe what germs are to us. Germs cannot tell what we all because we are so large, and we cannot quite tell what the universe is for the same reason. Sure we know about the stars and planets and all the scientific mambo jumbo in between, but when it all comes down to it, we are here and then gone.

Some of us would like to make a difference, and some of us would care less. You should decide whether or not you wish to be the first or the second.

Please be the one to take care of the Earth. So your part.

As a post script I would like to ask anyone reading this, do you think it would be a good idea to completely abolish garbage receptacles altogether and replace them with a 4 container system:
Paper/Metal/Plastic/Biodegradable matter?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Even if everyone recycled every single thing they use from this point forward, it still won't fix the damage we've done to this planet.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Even if everyone recycled every single thing they use from this point forward, it still won't fix the damage we've done to this planet.
Yes we could make a diffrence.The population has exploded in the last hundred years.From one billion to about seven billion.This Planet cannot sustain this massive population an pollution an waste we generate.If we do not curtail our wastefull ways then Nature will.Cars trucks ect can all be powered by compressed air.No pollution also no profit.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

it's not about reversing the damage as much as it is slowing down and eventually stopping future damages that will occur. Look at the current state of land fills, they are so large that noone will bother sorting through them, and even if they do then it will take years upon years to clean them up.

However if we begin to sort them now and no longer fill them then that makes cleaning them up that much easier.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid

As a post script I would like to ask anyone reading this, do you think it would be a good idea to completely abolish garbage receptacles altogether and replace them with a 4 container system:

The Universe recycles, sew should We!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ribbit
Sure does we are all recycled stardust

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ribbit
Sure does we are all recycled stardust

Which is composed of recycled Light.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would say Burnable/Metal/Biological. The problem with the human race is the way we build up systems. Parasitic powerpyramids of ego where few control the many. You get rid of the need of paying people (part of your life in time) at the top that is not really producing anything and you get a bigger workforce but everybody have to pitch in with manual labour instead. But if it is done correctly the workday would be lesser and with more efficiancy and technological advances we can have a sustaniable life with nature that is very comfortable.

The problem is greed or hunger for very much more than you in reality create. There is a fixed value to what your effort is worth without becoming parasitic but I do not know where to draw the line. Whatever I do I hope I am below the line always.

We are at a point in history where I belive everything has to go to hell for the people in the world to wake up and forever understand that we will never again be so stupid and manipulated and put faith in few people to say to us how things should be. And since the powerpyramid that is parasitic always destroys itself in the end by killing the host it is feeding on it is just a matter of time before it breaks down. I will not try to fix the system or limit the damage it does in any way because that will only prolong the use of it.

Helping people avoid hell that are hellbent to go there is counterproductive (as the saying goes the road to hell is paved with good intentions). The best way to make a person understand that something is bad is to make him go where he/she wants if he/she don't listen and let the person pay the price for the action.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Originally posted by Ghost375
Yes we could make a diffrence.The population has exploded in the last hundred years.From one billion to about seven billion.This Planet cannot sustain this massive population an pollution an waste we generate.If we do not curtail our wastefull ways then Nature will.Cars trucks ect can all be powered by compressed air.No pollution also no profit.

From my point of view this planet can sustain more people than we have now here, but I do not see the reason to become more people here. The problem is not the number off people it is the efficiancy and technological advances we use and the idiocy of not limiting our harvesting of resources to a sustainable level and being carefully evaluating all our actions. We can live healty on less food and maybe not eating meat or fish all the time. If we where smart we would probably stop fishing altogether and let nature have a few decades to come back before we did again. Maybe using fishfarms. The are expermenting with growing meats in vats. What a wonderful idea. Why kill a living sentient being when you can have the same product made by bacteria.

top topics

join