It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unnecesarry deadly force?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One night in August, a man broke into a womans apartment. WHile he was looking through some drawers, she awoke. He lunged at her, covered her mouth, and told her "I'm not going to hurt you. Just show me where the money is." SHe pointed to a set of drawers. While he was going through the drawers, she pulled out a gun and shot him in the back, killing him. She was brought before the court and charged with using unnecessary deadly force. Did the court rule for or against the woman?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't know how they ruled, but she is innocent of any crime and deserves a medal imo.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If someone breaks into your home, I say it's fair game. He took the risk when he broke into the house. Don't do the crime if you don't think of the possible deadly consequences. Anytime someone commits a crime there's always that chance you can be killed in the process. Heck there's been enough criminals killing innocent victims, it's about time victims start defending themselves.

Too many laws side with the criminals when they're blatantly guilty.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As sad as its going to make me,I'm sure your going to tell us they said she went to far. As for myself I can promise you that if your willing to come into my house knowing that I'm there, then I shall assume that you are willing to do what ever it takes to remove me of my possessions. I shall respond in like without question are hesitation. Being in my house you pose a immediate danger to me and my family.

Another aspect of this to me is a conversation I heard on the radio one day. Someone was saying that no amount of stuff was worth shooting some one over. While I have no desire to shoot any one, how would you feel if some one stole most everything you had saved for 15 years? Are what if its just a televison? The average 42" at 700$ would cost some one who makes 15$ an hour 46.66 hours of their life. Do you not have the right to defend it? Are we just suppose to offer up everything we have when some one invades our homes?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i agree with most of your responses so far.

Some would argue that he said "im not going to hurt you" and therefore it was unnecessary deadly force. I would argue that his moral character and integrity are already in question by breaking into someones home, so how could you trust what he has told you?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
First off when he broke into the home he was a threat. Then when he grabbed her on the mouth he battered her. Then he began to steal from her. She was well within her rights to kill him since he had already committed at least two felonies in her presence. Just because he stated he was not going to hurt her does not mean that he was not going to hurt her. I say kudos to her.

new topics

top topics

join