It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shuts down Palestinian TV in raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Israel shuts down Palestinian TV in raid

www.cnn.com

Israeli security forces and intelligence officers raided a Palestinian television station overnight and took computers, tapes, transmitters and paperwork, the director of the station said Wednesday.

Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad called it "piracy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So this is what the IDF is wasting their time doing, raiding television stations because they say "Israeli Ministry of Communications spokesman Yehiel Shavi said Wattan broadcasts "were interfering with the signals of Israeli broadcasters" and said the interference had been stopped "with the assistance of the IDF.""

i think there are much better things the IDF should be worrying about then a television station

But Orabi said his station had never received a complaint about transmission frequencies, and said the response was disproportionate even if that was the reason for the raid
Fayyad also said the Middle East Quartet -- the United States, the United Nations, the European Union, and Russia -- bears responsibility for not preventing Israel from carrying out such actions, according to the statement.

"These dangerous violations of the Israeli occupation forces reveal the extent of failure and shortcomings of the Quartet" and the "clear incapability of the Quartet to perform its duties," Fayyad said.

not only is the stations says that Israel was way out of line in this which i believe they were, but its also the UNs, US, EU, and Russias fault for not stopping this before it happens.

im not one for bashing Israel but this i feel is just pure stupidity

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have a feeling there is more to this. The CNN story refers to the transmissions interfering with Israeli broadcasters which doesn't justify a raid....but then it talks about direct interference with operations at Ben Gurion International Airport. Now that changes things a bit.

Another story I found says the U.S. is investigating. That struck me as odd until the details indicate that the U.S. directly funds and supports broadcasting stations in the Occupied territories. I have a hunch there is a lot more to all this.

U.S. Funded stations bring U.S. Investigation?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

agreed again im not one to speak bad about nations but this seems very strange if you ask me

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's prep for Iran. Shut down any possible way of communicating "inside" info one could more easily get from within occupied Palestinian territories than outside of Israel. Shut down any possible way to communicate to the masses that there are increased activities at the airport, or any other relevant strategic place. Keep them in the dark as much as possible.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ahh the only 'democracy' in the middle east preaching freedom of speech.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Can't allow the masses to hear anything else other than the regularly scheduled programming.

Silly Wabbits,,,,twix are for kids

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
double post
edit on 2-3-2012 by VBarbarino because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I have a feeling there is more to this. The CNN story refers to the transmissions interfering with Israeli broadcasters which doesn't justify a raid....but then it talks about direct interference with operations at Ben Gurion International Airport. Now that changes things a bit.

Another story I found says the U.S. is investigating. That struck me as odd until the details indicate that the U.S. directly funds and supports broadcasting stations in the Occupied territories. I have a hunch there is a lot more to all this.

U.S. Funded stations bring U.S. Investigation?

Strange.

I wonder who the "funders" and owners are ?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

ahh, yes, freedom of speech....

No country on earth grants such latitude in their freedom of speech as Israel does.

Take for instance the 3 Arab Israeli MKs that went to the Doha conference. . At the conference itself, these Mks referred to themselves as representatives of "palestine"! and argued that Israel was "dejudaizing" Jerusalem (an originally Jewish city). I wonder how such a bold act of treason would pass anywhere else in the so called democratic world. What did the supposedly "undemocratic" Israel say about that? Nothing. Amazingly, even though this undermines their national and domestic interests, Israel's deep devotion to the golden calf of democracy trumps any sense of self respect. Their allowance of 'freedom of speech' extends as far as calling for the dissolution of Israel. It's absurd. But what irks me even more, is that people can still say - despite these moronic expressions of self hatred - that Israel is undemocratic.

Any normal country would not allow the virulent propaganda and Jew hatred that the Palestinian media daily broadcasts on it's airwaves. Link

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

I would not say it is stupid but "high handed" to go into Palestine and shut down their TV station. Guess if you have more weapons you can practically do as you please. Lets see what they'll do next. Maybe rip off the speakers from the mosque when its calling the faithful to prayers? Try to co exist with your neighbors is the way to go. Sheer arrogance will not win your any friends or sympathy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

that is not an example of Israel being tolerant. It shows that they sent them there to subvert the democratic process. If they were not punished or reprimanded for taking the place of the Palestinians it is because they were sent there by Israel.

They can change the issue of the day into one they choose. One they are prepared for. The better question to ask is where are the Palestinians that were supposed to go? What happened to them?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

No country on earth grants such latitude in their freedom of speech as Israel does

yes.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

They're not there as "agents" of Israel when they DO NOT derail conversation, but support the course of discussion in damn near every direction that it takes.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about this subject.

Israeli Arab MK's assailed for attending Hamas-Fatah reconciliation

Israeli Mk's deliberately spread dangerous libel

Danon: Arab MKs Running Terror Hotline From Knesset

Most of this is just recent news stories. This has been an issue as far back as the 1970's when the Arab Israelis began making inroads in Israeli politics. They've said everything that can be said, short of nothing, clearly, when there seems to be no law forbidding them from speaking out against the nation state they're supposed to defend; they've even called for the destruction of the state of Israeli, WHILE SERVING as an MK. There are innumerable news stories which can be found by a quick google search documenting the outrage of normal minded Israeli MK's at the apparent immunity of the Arab mks to say what they want; an immunity granted to them by the Israeli supreme court. Far from being a 'secret agent of Israel' they are the complete opposite: a destabilizing influence representing the interests of Palestinian nationalism within Israeli's political institutions.

Again, I wonder how such a thing would pass in the US, Canada, France or Australia. I imagine they would be stripped of their position and possibly indicted for treasonous activity. Supporting an enemy of the state - something Arab Mk's frequently do, should not be protected by "democratic freedoms'. There are naturally limits to such freedoms, lest the freedoms themselves atrophy and become the opposite of what they were supposed to be.

And here's a list of all the different articles highlighting the seditious antics of Israeli Arab Mk's. Link
edit on 7-3-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I have to thank you since I was unaware of the existance of arab MK´s. I will point out that they are probably not as convinced of their representation or its future in Israel.

One thing I found interesting and that actually contradicts your previous statement to the professional is that they don't argue that Jerusalem is becoming less Jewish or dejudiazing. That seems off to me since Arab MKs are very much against policy that would marginalize or adversely affect the Arab Israelis like for example Israel’s Citizenship Law. (Arab MK´s).

They argue that the law specifically targets the Arab Israelis since they are the most likely to marry a Palestinian or other such Arab and so would be denied citizenship. They seem to want to live in an Israel more representative of the world around them. Their opposition is concerned with keeping Jerusalem, Israel a Jewish state in character and demographic.

MK´s are usually very right wing, no?
The Arab MK´s probably have a hard time and aren't exactly just walking freely without repercussions to their actions. I am glad to see there is still some balance to Israel though.

did you know that there is a report that is released every six months which ranks the Knesset members according to their support of policy for the settlement building? It is like a reward system. here is an article I found on it.

"Rightist NGO ranks Israel MKs according to support of settlement building"
www.haaretz.com...

It is dangerous though. here is another article I found that shows what this sort of reward system can lead to.

"Right-Wing MKs Betray the Israeli Army"
www.tabletmag.com...

edit on 8-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join