It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind - striking back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I am not an overly smart guy, just one of average intelligence. Furthermore, I don't claim to be an expert in any of the topic areas of this board. However, I would like to share my thoughts, and the decision I have come to if even 5% of what is posted here has any merit.

Before I continue, I am not sure in how much I believe what I am about to post, I do like to play with the notion in my head however.

So it begins..

There is a reckoning to be had. Something out there is pissed at us. Why, I don't know. Relative to another topic on this board, I do believe that at some point we were an enslaved race. Ancient text practically points to it. Yet, I dont see any record of how we broke free. Is it in the bible? It talks alot about revenge...against us.

I had a dream the other night...I was floating in space. I could see Neptune, I was scared. It was so vast out there, I was afraid I was going to fall, in every direction. I also saw something else, a meteor / comet. It was heading for our star. A state of panic shot through out my body. But that is not what scared me, rather what I saw behind it. That is "something" I could not describe, it didn't seem to be natural. I woke up shortly after, and I couldn't move as my entire body was paralyzed.

Now back to what some of you have said. Our world leaders are scared. Of what, again I don't know. I look at the tidbits of infor brought here by vairous users. Most is trash, some fits.

The Moon...

Is not a thing of nature. It is serving a purpose, for what I don't know. But I do know that it suddenly appears in human history. Why did India abruptly call off its plans for a manned flight last week, and shortly after the United States lift export embargo's against them? What is the secret there? Did India agree to hold off and launch when the U.S. decides to? What technology do they need that would require a lifting of an embargo? These two events are intertwined. An alliance to conquer the Moon?

We haven't been back in so long. Why not? There has to be a reason. Speculate.

Columbia...

It was shot down, not by an Earth based station though. Rather, something out "there". There is a reason we are not sending another shuttle back into space. If you think "ice" is the cause then you have been feeding from the trough for too long. We won't send another shuttle up for quite some time. When we finally do, it will have counter measures. Why do you think the X-37 was transferred to DARPA last week?? The Pentagon wants a piece of whatever is taking pot-shots at us.

With the two topics I mentioned above, both taking place in the last week I must concede that there is something lurking just under the surface. I would like your assistance in helping fill in the blanks. Lets not try to debunk the idea, but perhaps expand upon it and see where it goes.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I do believe that at some point we were an enslaved race. Ancient text practically points to it.

Masters do not allow their slaves to fight one another...it's counter productive. Ours is a history of warfare, therefore, not slavery. One could say man was a slave to religions, but not just one. It's when these religions combined, and with economic reasons as well, that they then went to war.

s not a thing of nature. It is serving a purpose, for what I don't know. But I do know that it suddenly appears in human history.

Sure it is. It's been part of early man's folklore since we first started drawing on walls.

We haven't been back in so long. Why not? There has to be a reason.

Simple economics. We can't afford the space race these days.

It was shot down, not by an Earth based station though. Rather, something out "there". There is a reason we are not sending another shuttle back into space.

The reason is that they were never really intended to be used as long as they had been...kind of like MIR, the Hubble, and almost EVERY other spacecraft/satellite. Eventually, they just can't take it anymore. A shuttle liftoff is a violent thing for a craft of nuts and bolts. The aging shuttle fleet is simply being replaced, but the funds are stalling the works. If there was another reason, we wouldn't be hitching rides with the Russians.

As far as man fighting back, there's some evidence that we've had an SDI (Star Wars) defense system in place since the early 80's, under Reagan. Remember those almost weekly shuttle launches with secret military payloads??? Spy satellites are easier and cheaper to launch with rockets. The shuttle allowed for more precise positioning. Numerous insiders (Corso for one) have also come out about an existing SDI program, and Reagan's support, as well as his successor's for it is no big secret. Reagan even hinted at SDI being for more than just Russian missile defense.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It was shot down, not by an Earth based station though. Rather, something out "there". There is a reason we are not sending another shuttle back into space. If you think "ice" is the cause then you have been feeding from the trough for too long.

i thought we lost columbia because one of its heat reflective tiles got damaged on launch and it couldnt hold up to the heat on re-entry-thus ripping off and taking a lot of other bits with it?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The ice is apparently what made the tiles come loose...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
IMO that the fictional basis for this show could be close to the reality. In abados (the real one, not movie one), there is a set of heiroglyphs that could easily be various forms of spaceships...
also, Gazrok is right in a sense... we have fought for centuries... BUT... what if we are talking about something that happened so long ago, that it predates "war".
What if the hindu history of a war between elements of heaven is true...(one of the oldest oral records, and pretty unusual) but that it was fought between the race that enslaved us VS a good sentient race that thought we deserved our own destiny... i could see early man (during the "lost years") being a slave to a god like race. But not after written history came about...
Then again, maybe i just watch to much TV

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I could see Neptune

could you also see Uranus? heh heh heh heh heh heh heh...
and optimus, the thing that made the tiles fall off, was a piece of the insulating foamy stuff that fell off the rocket booster, that cracked the tiles

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ice made the tiles come loose? Do you know how fast the ice was moving when they shot it during testing? Get real.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ice made the tiles come loose? Do you know how fast the ice was moving when they shot it during testing? Get real.

Ice on the shuttle, while it was sitting on the launchpad, made the tiles come loose before launch, as I recall.

If you review the video of it, you can see where the tiles came off, and where friction was most severe.

What's more plausible?

A: Decades old spacecraft having mechanical/structural issues resulting in explosion

or

B: Attacks from Extra-Terrestrials...not while in space, but while coming in for a landing....

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
(1)There is a reckoning to be had ...
(2)Something out there is pissed at us ...
(3) I do believe that at some point we were an enslaved race ...
(4) Ancient text practically points to it ...
(5) I could not describe, it didn't seem to be natural. I woke up shortly after, and I couldn't move as my entire body was paralyzed.

1) Kinda, consider it a social experiment regarding developmental intelligence.
2) I can't think of anything out there that is pissed at Humanity althoguh Humanity is plenty pissed at itself.
3) Yes, using the view that humanity is a 'subject' entity and not a 'master' entity.
4) key word - practically - that's the puzzle I've been working on.
5) Sleep paralysis, very common actually.

Edited to reduce "excessive quoting".

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ice on the shuttle, while it was sitting on the launchpad, made the tiles come loose before launch, as I recall.

Your absolutely right. I don't know what he was doubting.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The tiles are replaced before every launch. Decades old. I dont think so. However, I do think I am under observation / contstant abduction. I am seeing things that I cant explain when I sleep.

EDIT: I know the shuttles are old. But they are refurbished before every launch. The only weakness can be found in the frame, which is x-rayed for crackes / weaknesses religiously.

[edit on 25-9-2004 by crisko]

[edit on 25-9-2004 by crisko]

top topics

join