It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WALMART to Sell unmarked GMO Corn, Warns Public of Skyrocketing Widespread FOOD Prices & Shortage!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
hmmm putting the two together, the natural food shortage/expense, the replacement by engineered versions,

its like poison is being shoved down our throats as we will not much longer have the freedom of choice.

what's next, being illegal to grow our own food in our own backyards (anyone else heard abot lots of people being fined/summoned and forced to replace their vegetable gardens with lawns?)

Monsanto's objective is to own all seed, it may soon be illegal to grow your own traditional heirloom plants/veggies, or to even be a private, non-Monsanto-enslaved farmer.

what is this world coming to, soon?

and they already know the corn is ge to cause *organ failure* how much more obvious and ruthless can our terror police state get?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
GMO foods have been in grocery stores for some time now. Not much we can do about it except buy produce from local growers(until Monsanto sues them into submission).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Because most of us sit on our lazy ass (me included) in front of our computers bitching about it, nothing will happen. People really need to start being more active in putting these idiots behind bars or on gallows, whichever is more appropriate for the situation at hand. I have a physical disability limiting me from getting around effectively right now, but I will do whatever I can to help out. As long as I am not put in charge of tying the knots LOL. Because personally I have had it up to my ears with all this nonsense of everything in life being regulated and restricted.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
yeah

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
WALMART to Sell unmarked GMO Corn, Warns Public of Skyrocketing Widespread FOOD Prices & Shortage!

Isn't it a bit strange that if this was known to happen , that there would have been a big push in the last growing season instead of a seemingly concerted attack on local farmers, non gmo producers?
Something really smells bad and without finger pointing,the agenda 21 must have something to do with it.

Sounds like the song 'Head them up move em' out rawhide" changed to "Dumb them down,starve them out can't hide"
Peace! Grow what you can, no space is too small.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
We go to our local farmers market every week. This is mostly because my wife thinks our first son got his Diabites from processed foods or dairy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
At least 12 times a year they announce a food shortage is hear or coming and nothing really changes.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
HAHA! This is too much! He blames the upcoming inflation on "rising labor costs in China." WOWOWOWOW!! REALLY? What....are they having to pay their workers $1.50 an hour now instead of 75 cents?

Unbelievable. Seriously........

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
perf!

this example demonstrates how the U.S. top down gubberment works - it only takes a handful of these kommittees to tell us folks what we should eat - ya think they eat gmo - right.

see:
www.seedsofdeception.com...

Jeff is starting a grass roots movement to stop this type of insanity.

also his book (which mine is autographed) is available at Amazon.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What good is growing our own food when most seeds are Monsanto? Seems to me that that is how they are able to tell people they can't grow home gardens, patented seeds can be regulated.

Don't worry though, a new season of moronic TV shows are coming out to get everyone's minds off the slow kill going on right now. Codex Alimentarius didn't go away, it just went on the down low.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ive been buying more local and instead of buying processed food I am just making the snack and things I like for some time now. Its cheaper! It just takes a little bit of effort but it honestly pays off and I am not putting any money into these evil companies. IMO thats ALL we have to do! Farmers and good food are not hard to find in north america you just have to do some research.WalMart is a disgusting corp with their dead peasant policy but this doesnt suprise me.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The TPTB is already pushing down loads of junk foods and beverages down your throats for so many years. And now they want to target the main diet? Sounds very very bad.

Here in WB, India we buy all our vegetables and milk (and most of the other food items) from local market and prevent processed foods. But the MNCs are pushing hard to own our food supply too.
I read about the Georgia Guidestones yesterday and many of the threads are reminding me of the first guideline.

edit on 2-3-2012 by morpheusxxz because: typo

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Because most of us sit on our lazy ass (me included) in front of our computers bitching about it, nothing will happen. People really need to start being more active in putting these idiots behind bars or on gallows, whichever is more appropriate for the situation at hand. I have a physical disability limiting me from getting around effectively right now, but I will do whatever I can to help out. As long as I am not put in charge of tying the knots LOL. Because personally I have had it up to my ears with all this nonsense of everything in life being regulated and restricted.

nice avatar, i have a yellow sided green cheek conjure also, her name is Louise.

i had to lol @ the part of the video where they both talk about jobs improving, if that's not a complete bunch of BS i don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
hmmm putting the two together, the natural food shortage/expense, the replacement by engineered versions,

its like poison is being shoved down our throats as we will not much longer have the freedom of choice.

what's next, being illegal to grow our own food in our own backyards (anyone else heard abot lots of people being fined/summoned and forced to replace their vegetable gardens with lawns?)

Monsanto's objective is to own all seed, it may soon be illegal to grow your own traditional heirloom plants/veggies, or to even be a private, non-Monsanto-enslaved farmer.

what is this world coming to, soon?

and they already know the corn is ge to cause *organ failure* how much more obvious and ruthless can our terror police state get?

OP...listen up. Your title should be an specific summary of what your thread is about. You started your thread with Walmart's prices going up. Then you show us a video of GMO corn by Monsanto.

You failed to bring these two together back to your title. Even though I found it good to watch both, your title missed the point of your thread.

Where are your hard facts and evidence into this? Any news articles, documentaries, etc...that can prove otherwise? All I read was just word with no point. I admit the title is catchy, but do your homework thoroughly next time. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Exactly.

Just more fear-mongering.

The more of us that buy into this negativity, the more negative energy they have for nefarious reasons.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Neither of the videos say what the thread title says. I'm sure Walmart does sell lots of GMO products, but the videos dont say so. Or did I miss it?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Forget it, let me do the homework for you....

Monsanto’s GMO bt sweet corn comes to Walmart

redgreenandblue.org...
Feb. 29, 2012

Walmart has made substantial progress to include organic products, responding to consumer demands, but this summer Walmart plans to offer America’s families Monsanto’s Bt-genetically modified corn.

Bt-Sweet Corn is untested on humans and the pesticide poses unknown risks. But because the product isn’t labeled as genetically modified (GMO), no one will be able to make an informed choice (demand and supply).

Monsanto's Bt GMO corn to be sold at Wal-Mart with no indication it is genetically modified

www.naturalnews.com...
Feb. 21, 2012

But soon to be available at a Walmart near you is Monsanto's Bt sweet corn, the agri-giant's first ever GM corn product made available to consumers as whole ears right on the cob in the produce section-- and like with all other GMOs, neither Walmart nor Monsanto has any intention of labeling this new "Frankencorn."

It is a simple supply and demand situation, but one that is complicated by the fact that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) refuses to mandate that any GMOs be labeled, which means millions of people consume them all the time without knowing it.

Walmart to Sell Monsanto GMO Corn This Summer

www.care2.com...
Feb. 25, 2012

In an email dated February 28, 2012, Walmart spokesperson Diana Gee said the company does not currently have plans to source this product, and “we do not specifically source foods which are genetically modified.”

However, Monstanto’s Bt sweet corn will be sold to consumers as whole ears on the cob and will be found in the produce section.

The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto

www.counterpunch.org...
Jan. 21, 2011

A self-appointed cabal of the Organic Elite, spearheaded by Whole Foods Market, Organic Valley, and Stonyfield Farm, has decided it’s time to surrender to Monsanto.

Top executives from these companies have publicly admitted that they no longer oppose the mass commercialization of GE crops, such as Monsanto’s controversial Roundup Ready alfalfa, and are prepared to sit down and cut a deal for "coexistence" with Monsanto and USDA biotech cheerleader Tom Vilsack.

With all this you might as well call Walmart now Walsanto

Europe Dropping GMOs; Walsanto (Walmart & Monsanto) Watch Launched; & Local Food Producers Get USDA Support )

planetsave.com...
Feb. 11, 2012

“BASF and Monsanto pulled GMO crops from Europe and have announced they will only sell them in the United States and Asia.”

So if you are against this type of deal between Walmart and Monsanto, the best things you can do are:
1) Don't shop for food at Walmart
2) Sign a petition that would label Monsanto products (see link below)

Take Action Against Monsanto Petition

Sign Petition to Label Monsanto Products Here
edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added videos

edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: removed duplicate video

edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added news

edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added news

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Btw OP, sorry for my little rant there. I get frustrated when things don't read like they are supposed to. But that motivated me to do some digging into this matter and make it a post.

That said, I give you an S&F for your thread because you stirred my curiosity to investigate further into this issue. Your thread title opened my eyes even more why I should not shop there for foods.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ionsoul

I would almost call that statement B*S...because if Walmart wants to be profitable, they will claim prices are going up due to inflation (which they aren't) and then what they will do is replace natural products with cheaper GMO foods (saves money). They will increase the prices of foods while the costs of those goods will be lower, meaning their profit margins will be higher.

If you ask me, this Elite corporation grabbed everyone by their b*lls into submission, and now that they are having their way, those who shop there (because of that warm smiley greeting they get at the door when they walk in) are now going to get screwed.

Just a reminder now that since we are going to be eating GMO foods and get some sort of organ failure, might as well grab a burger at the McDonalds that is part of their shopping centre. What other health issues are next??????

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
...its like poison is being shoved down our throats....

I was going to say something other than "poison" being shoved down the throat...but that would have been inappropriate....

So, why don't we just say a 10 inch corn cob with GMO poison in it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join