It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know Dr. Paul said he wouldn't....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
But, what is the downside of running as an independent if he doesnt get the nomination? This is most likely his last run at presidency, and since Paul is the only candidate who gets love from both parties, I feel it would be a good move.
I have faith he will get the GOP nomination, but if not, this is his next best option.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
where did he say he wouldn't run third party? every time i have heard him asked he says he doesn't plan on it because he doing pretty well, and that hes not a absolutist so wont commit to saying one way or the other. if it comes down to it he probably will just to appease his followers, if nothing else. RONPAUL2012!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Democrats claiming to vote for Paul won't really vote for him, especially if he runs on a 3rd party ticket. If he were to run 3rd party, the GOP would be smart to simply not run anyone at all and save their money for the 2016 elections.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Do all the states have electronic voting machines now? Even if he got the votes he doesn't stand a chance. In that regard Ron Paul is like the future of America.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
where did he say he wouldn't run third party? every time i have heard him asked he says he doesn't plan on it because he doing pretty well, and that hes not a absolutist so wont commit to saying one way or the other. if it comes down to it he probably will just to appease his followers, if nothing else. RONPAUL2012!

I dont have the quote right now as im at work. But he stated within the last 2-3 months that he isn't considering it. Maybe someone else has the quote.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The Democrats claiming to vote for Paul won't really vote for him, especially if he runs on a 3rd party ticket. If he were to run 3rd party, the GOP would be smart to simply not run anyone at all and save their money for the 2016 elections.

So are you saying he should or shouldn't?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
m.yahoo.com...

So hes not completely ruling it out, but it doesnt seem likely. Unless he just didnt want to dissuade his potential GOP nomination.
edit on 1-3-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

But I pray to God he would if necessary.
edit on 1-3-2012 by capone1 because: copy/paste problems

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He won't run 3rd party - it would ruin Rand's chances of running GOP in 2016.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

I really couldn't give a crap one way or another. If he doesn't get the nomination, I simply won't vote for a presidential candidate. I'll vote on the other issues (local, etc.) but not for President. That means if he runs 3rd Party, he won't get my vote, nor will anyone else. If he wins the GOP nomination, I'll vote for him. My son is a delegate in Colorado, and we all support Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by capone1

I really couldn't give a crap one way or another. If he doesn't get the nomination, I simply won't vote for a presidential candidate. I'll vote on the other issues (local, etc.) but not for President. That means if he runs 3rd Party, he won't get my vote, nor will anyone else. If he wins the GOP nomination, I'll vote for him. My son is a delegate in Colorado, and we all support Ron Paul.

I'm a delegate for Ron Paul as well, and honestly, I'd vote for Ron Paul in a heartbeat if he went Independent.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

That's good. I won't, but that's just because I'm tired of voting 3rd party, only to see another scumbag get in. I'm not doing it again. I'll just not participate in that particular question on the ballot. Or, I'll write in my own name. It will be just as much of a waste/statement.

new topics

top topics

join