It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Irish SOPA' made law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

'Irish SOPA' made law

rt.com

Ireland has signed a controversial amendment dubbed the “Irish SOPA” which reinforces existing copyright law amid widespread concern that it will encroach on Internet freedom.
The new legislation will effectively allow copyright holders to press for legal action against Internet service providers and social networks which show content that infringes copyright legislation. It will force Internet service providers to effectively become censors, by blocking access to these sites
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well this is it boy and girls.

Ireland will be the testing ground for this new law, as it was for the smoking ban & a few other laws.

My theory is they will test this there for 6 months then roll it out EU wide after the bugs have been fixed.

It reminds me of a Scud missile "you know its coming and their is nothing you can do about it"

These Bstards will use Ireland for all their dirty laws in the future, if it happens there it is only a matter of time before we all have it.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-3-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Damn! I thought it was dying out this whole SOPA thing.

Double Damn. Freedom of Speech ... Hmmmm... We'll be able to tell our grand children about the time when we could do and say as we pleased on the net!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Im giving us 6 months. That is just a guess by the way

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

As Hilary Clinton stated, there is a war on information which they (the US) are losing. SOPA is coming whether we like it or not, and whether it's called SOPA or not. Thanks for the update!

I feel sorry for Ireland. It was reported not too many years ago that Irish citizens had more money and savings than any other EU nation. I wonder how long that will remain the case. I believe the quoted figure was 80,000 euros per citizen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by judus

As Hilary Clinton stated, there is a war on information which they (the US) are losing. SOPA is coming whether we like it or not, and whether it's called SOPA or not. Thanks for the update!

I feel sorry for Ireland. It was reported not too many years ago that Irish citizens had more money and savings than any other EU nation. I wonder how long that will remain the case. I believe the quoted figure was 80,000 euros per citizen.

Yeah your right about the savings part, the government know the people, especially the people in the rural countryside, have a bit of money put away & the government is so desperate for money they're making up so many taxes to try & liberate some of this. I.e. people who aren't connected to a major sewerage system, who have their own septic tank, are getting them "inspected" by an expert & charged accordingly.

As for SOPA, the sad thing is, I thought SOPA had failed. I haven't heard anything about this. Sneaked that in without a fuss.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EJ1988

Making up taxes. It's weird you mention that because due to a random google I did "Daylight Robbery". I came upon an article that described old English taxes. Daylight robbery is possibly a phrase that originated with the "Window Tax". Some english king or other wanted more money to fight a war or finance some other mindless thing that he imposed a window tax on all property owners. The more windows a house had, the more they were taxed. People started bricking up windows to reduce their tax liability.
They are so transparent it's just unbelievable we have been in the dark so long.

Window tax

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hmm that "window tax" is very similar, I wonder should I go & do all my "business" in a nearby field to get around the septic tank tax. Although they'll probably tax that too.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EJ1988

Unless you have alluvial rights, you own no property at all you own a pile of not easily moveable bricks, mortar and roof tiles. You at best lease or rent it from your state. As for business, they always like business. It equates with commerce and income and they take a nice chunk of that.

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

new topics

top topics

join