It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Email, dumping Gmail permently

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I attempted to search for this but, how can you search when the word 'email ' pops's up 1000 hits ranging from Anon.. blah blah blah ..

Anyways .. yea.. as the title states, I had Hushmail but I have to log in one every 2 weeks, and if you don't, you have to sign up again. I'm looking for a free email service that won't track my IP and has to option to encrypt when I need to .. for our business. We don't need the ads either; I'm sketched about using a email addon i.e. outlook

Any suggestions on what the best email services are out there that have the option to encrypt, and have been around for a few years (stability from being being hacked) and can be accessed online?

many thanks in advanced..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

If I were you I would search for Swedish email providers

Every other provider will have the same deal with the Authorities that will allow them access to your data

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
May I ask exactly what it is you would want anonymous email for? What is in those emails?

I think I am going to have to call the authorities because you are really scaring me...

I don't really know anything other than hushmail. But you can get your own private server and use that behind a proxy for an email server and it doesn't cost that much.
edit on 1-3-2012 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
reply to post by Komodo

If I were you I would search for Swedish email providers

Every other provider will have the same deal with the Authorities that will allow them access to your data

i don't have a issue with the TPTB, it's the general population I don't need sticking there noses in where it don't belong..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
May I ask exactly what it is you would want anonymous email for? What is in those emails?

I think I am going to have to call the authorities because you are really scaring me...

I don't really know anything other than hushmail. But you can get your own private server and use that behind a proxy for an email server and it doesn't cost that much.
edit on 1-3-2012 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

LOL.. I KNEW THAT was going to come up .. *grin*.. hmmm.. private server.. definitely didn't think of that one.. hmmmm..

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Rather than rely on an outsider organization to host my email, I simply use my own domain and run my own email server.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

To use encryption yourself you would need to get the person you wanted to mail to use it as well which means installing an extra program (Gnu Privacy Guard is opensource and quite well trusted), generate keys, and then you would need to send each other your public keys. You encrypt an email using the public key of the person you are communicating with. That's one scenario anyway.

Hope it helps.
GPG4Win

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Removed Hushmail as you already tried that

ETA No experience with the free email stuff as I use my ISP account. Maybe you can find something suitable in this list. Good luck!
Free email providers
edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Komodo

To use encryption yourself you would need to get the person you wanted to mail to use it as well which means installing an extra program (Gnu Privacy Guard is opensource and quite well trusted), generate keys, and then you would need to send each other your public keys. You encrypt an email using the public key of the person you are communicating with. That's one scenario anyway.

Hope it helps.
GPG4Win

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Removed Hushmail as you already tried that

thx Lightspeed.., yes.. I understand on the encryption part .. I'm looking for an alternate email source other than crappy gmail.. *grin*.. but can accesses it globally

new topics

top topics

join