It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Journal: Legalize ‘After-Birth Abortions’, ‘Infants Are Not People’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

If you read my posts on the thread I linked you would get that this was a definite typo, my chronic fatigue means I drop words alot and sometimes mess them up, structure is out the window with that, hence I will be fixing it. Since I have been writing that this to me is a crime, people of this level of responsibility and they need a thorough investigation.

So that post will be fixed.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Its OK, I usually catch the words before I click out of something, and just edit a few times, but sometimes due to the words getting out of order OR a word dropped, it seems to say the opposite of what I mean, and its easy to understand why you reacted, I shuddered when I read that.

Blaine91555 linked this and to me this shows quite a disturbing NWO trend:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Is it morally wrong to take a life? Not really, say bioethicists

First infants, then the elderly? We can't allow them to slide an inch down this slope.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by 00nunya00

I was in no way trying to vilify the Groningen Protocol. I was simply bringing it up as an example of state-sanctioned infanticide (euthanasia implies that the person has a choice in the matter).

Really? So where do the dogs and cats sign when they're euthanized? "Euthanasia" implies any number of things, depending on the context in which it's used. It means, popularly, to humanely kill an animal of any sort (including humans). Any further moral expounding is up for debate.

However, I don't believe this article is satirical in nature. They are using philosophies that already occur in the literature and expanding it to include all reasons that make a person eligible for an abortion. Now, even though it's not satirical whether the author's actually believe what they wrote is a different matter. This may have simply been a means to raise such questions within the bioethical community as they had not previously been asked.

Really? You don't think this ethical question has been raised before? Try telling that to the thousand of parents who have fought for years to obtain birth certificates for their stillborn full-term children, and not just the death certificates they currently get. The courts have consistently denied this right to a birth certificate because the requirement for that (and therefore for being considered a "person" as defined under the law) is for a baby to be fully birthed from the mother ALIVE at the moment of birth. Once a baby is expelled via a vaginal or c-section birth, it has all of the full rights of a "person" under the law (not necessarily citizen, depending on the circumstances, but a person nonetheless). This question has been done to death, over and over and over.

The difference between an unborn child and a born one is that I cannot obtain a social security number for my unborn child, I cannot obtain a life insurance policy for them, I cannot claim a tax exemption for them (people do when they know it will be born in the same tax year, but that's a gamble because a stillbirth will negate all of those exemptions), I cannot count them as another person in the HOV lane. The courts have endlessly ruled that there is a huge difference between born and unborn, and the rights and protections live birth endows.

(Also: you can have two threads in different sections on any subject; this one can go on)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Abortion is legal, some people just need to get over it. The day i see a rich white "pro-lifers" adopting all the crack babies and children with severe disabilities i will change sides on abortion. Until then the abortion crowd is free to abort and the anti-abortion crowd can go to china to adopt when they can't get a white baby in the states.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would definitely consider such a thing if my child was severely disabled and/or in extreme pain. I feel like death is much more humane then a lifetime of misery.

Or a lifetime being abandoned and mistreated, somehow death just seems easier, painless...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
Abortion is legal, some people just need to get over it. The day i see a rich white "pro-lifers" adopting all the crack babies and children with severe disabilities i will change sides on abortion. Until then the abortion crowd is free to abort and the anti-abortion crowd can go to china to adopt when they can't get a white baby in the states.

Let's actually do this, every person who thinks abortion is ok should be euthanised right on the spot. You know, it is the best thing for the world, it is overpopulated as it... If you don't like this, well you can go to Japan to the suicide forest and choose your way to get out of this life you hate so much...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Let's actually do this, every person who thinks abortion is ok should be euthanised right on the spot. You know, it is the best thing for the world, it is overpopulated as it... If you don't like this, well you can go to Japan to the suicide forest and choose your way to get out of this life you hate so much...

I think ANY person that does not want to live anymore should be able to get euthanized if they choose. I do not advocate killing people because of their beliefs, that is religion's job.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

I would definitely consider such a thing if my child was severely disabled and/or in extreme pain. I feel like death is much more humane then a lifetime of misery.

Or a lifetime being abandoned and mistreated, somehow death just seems easier, painless...

Did any of you not read the fact that these scientists say even if the child is NOT disabled?... This is not giving a choice to parents to murder their child if it is disabled, but FOR ANY REASON the parents want to MURDER their born child should be legalised according to these scientists...

The whole bunch of you who have become desensitized to the value of human life, even of a human fetus and a newborn child are the reason why the world is so messed up...

You are like the warlords of Africa who murder children and people "just because they want to"... That's what you people have become, and this has nothing to do with religion... it has to do with the value of innocent human lives...

edit on 1-3-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Did any of you not read the fact that these scientists say even if the child is NOT disabled?... This is not giving a choice to parents to murder their child if it is disabled, but FOR ANY REASON the parents want to MURDER their born child should be legalised according to these scientists...

The whole bunch of you who have become desensitized to the value of human life, even of a human fetus and a newborn child are the reason why the world is so messed up...

You are like the warlords of Africa who murder children and people "just because they want to"... That's what you people have become, and this has nothing to do with religion... it has to do with the value of innocent human lives...

No, the whole bunch of you who have taken this as a serious attempt to push "legalized elective murder" of babies is why the world is so messed up. It used to be that most people could see the writing on the wall, but now apparently everyone takes everything at face value. This paper has the intellectual credibility of a Onion article. No one, anywhere, even in China (where parents actually do choose to kill their female babies) is considering legalizing ending childrens' lives for no reason. The fact that you buy this so wholeheartedly to go on a diatribe about it......yeah. Don't know what to say about that.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I think ANY person that does not want to live anymore should be able to get euthanized if they choose. I do not advocate killing people because of their beliefs, that is religion's job.

I think any person who goes to great lengths to hide their profile in a deceptive manner(so the fact that the account is only suspiciously a few day's old) should be entitled to an account euthanization.

And frankly spoken as a supporter of gender equality within the law, abortion must be outlawed completely, totally and absolutely.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I think any person who goes to great lengths to hide their profile in a deceptive manner(so the fact that the account is only suspiciously a few day's old) should be entitled to an account euthanization.

You would like me banned from ATS for how my profile appears to you. Yup, sounds like the typical anti-abortionist. You do sound very "pro" like and "pro" equality..

and i would hardly call the 15th of last month a few days old
edit on 2-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why is it always the "pro" life crowd that starts advocating murder over this issue? When is the last time you heard of people that support abortions wanting to kill people who adopt?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You would like me banned from ATS for how my profile appears to you. Yup, sounds like the typical anti-abortionist. You do sound very "pro" like and "pro" equality..

Just for the record, last night when readingthe other thread about this i thought what an interesting profile you have. The visual effect of just the avatar without any writings is very unique and i like it a lot. Background and info is black so i just highlighted the first line to see your username, it´s not that hard ey?

anyway back on topic

I did read the whole story and i thought about it, really, really thought about it and then i replied that i would consider it only if a child was severely disabled and-or in pain. So i don´t think we should kill healthy babies but the adoption thing is something very American. In Europe we have different laws about adoption and it is almost not a choice for women who get pregnant and don´t want the baby. Most of the time unwanted babies grow up in orphanages or moving from one family to another until they are 18. Unwanted, unloved, often abused and mistreated. That´s a s hitty life if i may say so and my opinion is that death is almost always easier then a s hitty life. Just my opinion you know.

Maybe it´s a Dutch thing, dunno

edit on 2-3-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Why is it always the "pro" life crowd that starts advocating murder over this issue? When is the last time you heard of people that support abortions wanting to kill people who adopt?

Is it any different then what your doing?No. So stop being a hypocrite.

reply to post by Exitt

But who gave you the right to decide if someones life is worth living? Heck by your accounts we should just send soldiers to the refugee camps in Africa to perform "ultra late term abortions".

The meaning of life is to live. Sure some days can make it seem like hell on earth, but as long as your alive there is always hope that tomorrow may be a better day than today.
edit on 3-3-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
This is appalling news. Why limit it to fetuses? Whats next toddlers?

Yes, they will be next.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The following is the ultimate reason why the "extreme left" have devalued completely the lives of the most innocent humans who haven't done anything to anyone, yet their lives in the eyes of the extreme left means nothing. Animals are gven more compassion by the extreme left than human babies/the unborn.

Eugenics, The Goal of The Elites for Population Control

Climate-change activists call for tax policies to discourage childbirth
edit on 1-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

<< 1   >>

join