It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew Lesko

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i'm sure some people have seen his commercials. he's promoting his book that says there's all these government programs that give away free money. click here for the website.
Does the government really have money just sitting around ready to be given out? it just seems too good to be true. if it is true, there must be a catch somewhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes the govt has money sitting around that they give to people that qualify for certain reasons. Matt Lesko kind of skews the facts a bit in his favor IMO. He makes it sound much easier than I think it is. Is all he really does is tell you were to go, what forms to use etc.. nothing you couldnt do on your own if you have the time. His books are worth it to save tim ein knowing where to go etc...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lekso's book gives false information. He apparently provides phone numbers for business giving grants and when they are called they have no idea that their name and number are even in the book.

Here is amazon.com reviews on the book
amazon.com

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
After deciding that Lesko's book was not worth it, I found a gov site that lists all the types of grants, loans, and programs offered by year and dept. If you look at a lot of them only non-profits, government entities and such can get them. Very few are available to just ordinary people unless you go through some approved agency like i.e. - HUD.

Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I actually wrote up an expose on business scams like The Free Government Money, this last year. I was hoping to turn it into a business, Sadly people want to buy into lies, more than they want to buy into truth. Consumers want to be lied to, it provides them hope, a false hope, but hope nonethless. If you tell someone the truth, sometimes they like the lies better.

This is the USA of course we love to be fooled, Hey a miracle pill!!!

Well anywho, in order to qualify for Government Money, you must fall into the Category deemed by the Government as "Disadvantaged". The Disadvantaged are, Ethnic Minorities, Native Americans, Immigrants, Women, Disadvantaged Urban Communites, Rural Communites, the physically and mentally disabled, and Companies who research and produce goods for the governement.

So, In my deduction of who is disadvantaged it turns out everyone but the White Caucasion Male, is disadvantaged, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
So, In my deduction of who is disadvantaged it turns out everyone but the White Caucasion Male, is disadvantaged, lol.
-ADHDsux4me

There are many white caucasian males that are disadvantaged, homeless, working poor and appear on Jerry Springer. I have met many people in the California State College system who take great pleasure in "knocking down the man" by
1) refusing financial aid through higher standards and added point allocations to minority students.
2) not allowing them to take required classes by holding vacancies for "disadvantaged" persons (closet racism).
3) writing up bogus complaints ... extremely "liberal" instructors who feel it is their rght to question the motives of an idividual seeking education.
4) and filing fraudulent, defamitory claims against them. One female student (Leslie LaDuke, S.M. CA) wrote "sexual harrasment" claims against numerous students and faculty members forcing the State to investigate every one, although they were proven false, the female was not disciplined and the complaints had to stay in the employee files for five years ... Another Instructor just lost her State License and her job for faking a racist attack against her car, yet continued to blame it on a "group of white skinhead racists".

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]fixed point allocation.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I was only amused at that the Average Middle and Upper Lower Classed white males, don't get jack from the government. I'm not some pro white hate monger, just a guy who was amused by the benefits given to all but them.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You may need to be classified as "downtrodden" to recieve government grants. However there are numerous private grants given for the same kinds of things, there are actually quite a few since it makes for a good tax right off for bigger corporations. Although the chances of a white male recieving these grants is slim I'm sure. I suppose Lesko's books are quite helpfull to a majority of people since white males are a minority when compared to the combined some of, well, everyone else. None the less, it's another case of "I got rich (because my book is 50 bucks a pop) and so can you (no you can't)"

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Don't get me wrong, I was only amused at that the Average Middle and Upper Lower Classed white males, don't get jack from the government. I'm not some pro white hate monger, just a guy who was amused by the benefits given to all but them.

-ADHDsux4me

Actually, white guys DO get benefits and grants.

My dad gets them.

My ex-Navy son gets them.

A whole whopping freightload of professors here at the university get them. But the thing is, they don't get these grants and bennies just for standing around and filling out applications. It's for past service (military) or for research programs or for social programs that they're initiating under the guidance of an agency or a university. In fact, there's a disproportionate number of White Guys who get research grants.

...just FYI.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I unfortunately bought one of Lesko's books and it sucks. I will confirm that it is telling you where to apply but doesn't tell you that you WILL get it.
Waste of money!

Anyone want to buy it? It is for women business starters.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I unfortunately bought one of Lesko's books and it sucks. I will confirm that it is telling you where to apply but doesn't tell you that you WILL get it.
Waste of money!

Anyone want to buy it? It is for women business starters.

top topics

join