It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst 2 Years EVER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is a pretty depressing post so if you do not like then please go to another thread.

They say after a long period of bad luck that thinngs can only get better, well is this really true?

2 years almost to the day being the sole provider for my family I get put onto redundancy notice at work and stay in limbo for a whole 9 months before I learn that my job is safe. During this time I slip into a downward spiral of debt that has turned out to be uncontrollable. In this time my cousin has twins, one born with a missing gene that means she requires constant attention and surgery just to stay alive. My auntie gets osteoperosis with a forecast of 10 years to live. Today I get a telephone call off my dad, telling me he has a rare illness that will eventually turn into asophagas cancer given a 10% chabce of survival and less than a year forecast to live. Not only do I have to put up with all the heartbreaking stuff above I have to sit hear and read about this world and the recession brought on by pure greed and constant war. I am at my wits end.

My dad as worked hard all of his life and recently retired, he ate well and looked after himself. It is not fair for this to happen. If there is a god they can kiss my white arse you #ing bastard.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is precisely the reason I drink too much, smoke too much and eat everything I enjoy, while taking supplements and doing the occasional workout to make it appear as though I am healthy.

And I try to not care about things...

I should probably be dead by now.

Sorry to hear about your pain.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh dear, I am at work right now so I can't give you a proper response, but so that i remember to come back to this in an hour when i get home:

I feel your pains, maybe not the exact ones your feeling but i know how cruel life can be. I'll message you when I get home, stay strong; for yourself and for your family

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GlueEater

I'd rather be primitive and live in worse conditions but with Truth and good.

Hate to break it to you but there never was any "truth and good". It's been this way for ages, the only difference now is that they try to make you believe in "truth and good" with technology and regulations and the appearance of being civilized. And some people manage it.

Some people don't. In the old days you would just be labeled a heretic or stoned for some stupid reason or another.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Oh and I forgot to mention after putting the phone down from my dad there was a message waiting, my car was in for its road MOT test, if I want to put it back on the road this will cost me £1000. Jees I can't afford that, I have been suffering from servere depression for the last 10 month's and tonight I cannot for the life of me think about anything outside my 2 daughters worth living for. But why bring them up into a world like this. I hate this stinking planet, I hate the stinking 1%, I hate those that use religion to bring death.

Arrrggggghhhhhh
edit on 29-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

But just remember, you have three daughters you love, and while you may not be able to find anything else worth living for, your daughters are here and they NEED you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry about your run of luck. Sometimes its best not to focus on all the negative aspects of life though (no matter how overwhelming things are).
You are cursing your situation, but imagine being in the shoes of the people you mention..their luck is no doubt not as great as yours.
You need to "man up" to these challenges in life. Everyone you know will die (if your lucky). Trick is to enjoy the years you have with them. Bills..well, you can curse how your bills are rough, but its the king grumping about how his toilet seat isn't golden.
meaning, consider what you have (without knowing you at all, I know you at least have enough for net access and a computer..meaning your better off than well over 60% of the earths population). Bills and stuff are temporary problems and with a bit of smart financing and discipline, you can crawl out from under that hole.

Your last line about god..well, I am an atheist. However, you might do well to read about Job. You want to see loss, check out what happened to that chap..and he kept smiling. If he can do it, your trials are minimal in comparison.

Finally, you might consider not taking the world is going to hell in a handbasket too seriously. Walk outside..look around the neighborhood, go to the town center. You will see that life is going on pretty much as normal as it was 20 years ago...you are just taking conspiracys and world wide news and shoving it all into your personal home, to make you overloaded with fear and paranoia.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess

But just remember, you have three daughters you love, and while you may not be able to find anything else worth living for, your daughters are here and they NEED you.

That is the only reason I am still here. I love my daughters more than anything and I mean anything.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlueEater
I'd rather be primitive and live in worse conditions but with Truth and good.

Here is the deal
you can
go do it...what is stopping you exactly?
Sell all your stuff for some good survival gear, wander into the middle of the biggest wilderness you can find, and there you go...live your life as a 13th century woodsman without ever having to worry about anything of the modern world again.
Alternatively, you can find a place on earth that is primitive enough for you and move there (typically such immigration is quite easy)

I know what you feel. I might one day just buy a gun and shoot the F***ng 'World Leaders' as the everyone calls the min the face. Even if i die i will know i killed the 'Demons'. WHY WAS I BORN ON EARTH?

Wait, I thought you said you wanted to live a nice free and primitive life
how is being held in a federal prison for the rest of your life part of that plan? Seems the exact opposite.

As far as your last question...you were born to eventually ask that exact question...now, the question is, why do you continue to live? This is an answer you must answer yourself based on where your personal happiness lies in.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Put the world in its place, before it puts you in yours. This will sound harsh but all those people that are sick were going to die anyway, and you will too, and so will I, and so will everyone posting on this thread someday... Take a deep breath and accept this fact
Don't fear death, Don't fear problems, even if we would rather never have any, sounds like life has just given you one helluva reality check. That there is no person out there to save you or your loved ones, or to give life meaning, except...you. Its a harsh reality but ultimately better if you understand what that means. And saving doesn't mean some religious afterlife hope or putting off death for a decade or being materially rich.

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

I just mean realizing your own power, and seeing things how they really are. You might be amazed at what you can do, or how viewing things in a more cool headed light can change how you feel.
Don't fight it, embrace it. And don't give up, life is short enough as it is. . .

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
welcome to the club, op. people wonder why im so cynical at only age 22. i've been cynical for 6+ years. I can see both oppositions in life and while staying positive keeps me mentally stable, it is far from the realism of the worlds systematic power over free will. This Earth is more than capable of providing my idealized version of utopia but many people are reptilian brained hoarders. In all scales of class many people want more and more and more than they could possibly ever need. The media idolizes and portrays this image and illusion of fame and success and so on. It's chasing an illusion. It's a mirage of an oasis in a desert while you're suffering.You continue to chase this mirage until you succumb to dehydration and ultimately death. Upon death you realize this was all a chaotic man made psychotic doctrine of life and that life's experiences and understanding with love mattered more than any short lived fulfillment of compulsive behavior.

Life sucks because we aren't supposed to live like this. This isn't a natural way of life. Imprisonment is not a natural way of life.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I got fired on Friday, with two kids and a wife , nice eh!

Life goes on though.

Give the finger to the man and carry on

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Sorry to hear that rigel, life sucks soesn't it?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by rigel4

Sorry to hear that rigel, life sucks soesn't it?

I feel your pain..... keep your chin up. I'm afrais there
is nothing to do but go on. Best wishes

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There are so many changes and challenges in life and often we find ourselves overwhelmed. You are certainly not alone. Your ATS family is here for you wishing you the strength and courage to carry on. Take one day at a time and enjoy your beautiful daughters. Hugs!

top topics

join