It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright light and big explosion in Tempe,AZ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by slr6590

Best man at our wedding worked for TRW, there were many, many explosions that were not reported. But this piques my curiosity, especially the low pitched hum physically felt before becoming audible. Hmmmm.....
edit on 29-2-2012 by desertdweller1 because: grammar sorry

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I didn't feel anything we saw the light and 5 seconds later heard the explosion. The sound from the explosion lasted a good min so it's weird.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by slr6590

I apologise, i must have misread your post.
Still really weird, though. Interesting for sure!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
No apology necessary. Thank u. It's weird and there's some weird stuff going on

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well that is the last time I try to help someone out.
2 seconds later after I post it, and you're already getting flags and stars on your thread. I should just have someone delete the other one now. lol

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Oh thank you very much I'm new at posting and I appreciate it. I didn't even realize u had reposted it. A moderater mist have moved it for me because its in the gray area now and I see your other post thank you do much for your help.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
your welcome. All that hard work for nothing.

Oh, when I said another forum thread. I meant another forum website. Not this site. Maybe someone else reported it elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
East Mesa here. I have not seen or heard anything. I am going to look at the Channel 12 facebook page and see if anyone posted there.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by slr6590

mabe an earthquake is comming

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Oh my gosh!!!

I googled another link about this and am blown away by this!
Harp revisited?

sincedutch.wordpress.com...
sincedutch.wordpress.com...

Who the heck is this guy? LOL

edit on 29-2-2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by slr6590

Well that should be a comfort to you. It was probably something local that does not require the police to handle. Have you tried calling the fire dept ? They would respond to any explosion before the police unless the explosion was the result of criminal activity. An explosion from someones oil tank in their house would not involve the police but would involve the fire department. Call them then get back to us.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Ground clutter from the local radar station in Wakefeild. Its pouring here folks, it has been raining all day on and off. No mystery, no forcefield. I hate that some people think we are so stupid that we fall for stuff like this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The sound of the explosion lasted a whole minute???? Wow. Like a rumbling of thunder echoing, or a loud BOOM that lasted that long? And do you have canyons and mountains nearby that would produce echoing effects?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slr6590
I am right on the Tempe Scottsdale boarder and about 20 mins ago there was a huge white flash of light followed about 5 seconds later by a huge explosion. Then my Internet goes out. First I called my provider and it was busy and said they had lost service in the area, so I called the Tempe police dept to see if they knew anything and not a single person in Tempe or Mesa has apparently called in a single report. Please tell me I'm not crazy. If anyone saw this or has called it in I would like to hear from you. Thank you.

There's a transformer station just to the south and east of you off McKlintock and University. The northwest corner. Across from a Cirkle K. It's pretty large, takes up about a block or two. Was it in that direction? It sounds electrical if the white light and explosion happened seperatly.

Maybe the police were directed not to say anything to the public about what happened. Sometimes they keep things on a need to know basis.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Gilbert, AZ here. I have not heard anything and have not seen any reports of anything outside of this either.
edit on 29-2-2012 by MarshMallow_Snake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dare I say it, should I say it? Oh what the hell, why not...HAARP!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
my guess would be a transformer ive seen a few blow here in tempe but usualy its more of a blue light but never herd any explosion....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
slr6590,

I haven't heard anything that happened in Tempe yet but what I think what happened was it was a transformer that blew out, why do I say that well I was outside and it happened a long time ago in my neighboorhood I saw a big flash of light and then I heard a big pop and next thing I know the whole street on the other side of me had no lights and the traffic lights had with no power as well. Later I asked what happened since I was curious and they said that the one of the transformers blew out and that they were going to send a new one and install it so the folks on the other side would get power. Transformers get old and worn out like everything else in this world and need constant replacement so ya. And yes cops won't tell you alot because they like to keep information private most likely someone could of called about it but they didn't say nothing because either they are investaging on the matter or maybe didn't get a report on it so ya.

Just keep us posted and stay safe I'm sure you will be okay.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Can you drive to it? Or maybe start driving in the general direction and asking questions along the way?

linea segundo

eta: Don't forget to pack a camera
edit on 3/3/2012 by MarkJS because: camera sentence

<< 1   >>

join