It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abnormal Seasonal Weather - Did we predict it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I have noticed a lot of posts containing peoples opinions as to what has caused the abnormal winter temperatures here in North America, where it has been far warmer than normal, and in Europe, where it has been colder than years past.

This has now happened two winters in a row, and people have blamed it on everything under the sun. But yet the one possible cause that stands out to me the most, is not talked about much.

We had a major oil "spill" (really it a gushing hole in the earth rather than a spill) in 2010. Threads were flying everywhere about how it will effect weather because of it's impact on the gulf stream currents.

Here are the facts.
* Weather conditions are impacted greatly by the gulf stream (warming Europe, and cooling North America)
* Europe has experienced two very cold winters in a row now.
* North America has experienced two much warmer winters than normal
* I am unsure about Europe, but 2011 North America saw one of the worst weather years in history
* North America had one of the warmest summers
* There was a lot of oil that had sunk to the bottom of the ocean that was never cleaned up
* The chemicals didn't make the oil disappear, it only hid the oil giving it the same density as the water, making it easier to spread out.
* The spill effects are rarely if ever talked about by anyone anymore.

Out of Site, Out of Mind

When doing research, I saw articles and videos of scientists and professionals talking about the impact of the spill on the gulf stream current, but come august the vast majority of the MSM articles about the topic said that the impact would be none.

Yet now we see the experts that will even admit to a slow down of the gulf stream, say it is because of global warming, and glacial melt (and it's our fault), but no mention of possible connection between the spill, the gulf stream, and the weather anomalies in Europe and North America.

here is how the gulf stream is supposed to work.

Here are a few threads posted in 2010 predicting the current weather anomalies.

Life on Earth Just Changed

How about 350,000 barrels or more per day?

For the first time a direct evidence of the rapid breaking of the gulf stream

Here are some videos

so would this last video be a coincidence of not?

Yes it could be a coincidence.
Maybe it because of the pole shift, Nibiru, aliens, Haarp, or any of the other predictions out there.

I have no doubt the earth is experiencing extreme changes. I can see how the polar ice melting can cause the gulf stream to be affected, and believe it may have an impact.

If the gulf stream were to slow down causing water temperatures around Europe to cool even a few degrees, the impact could be what we are seeing.

If the gulf stream were to have been effected by the spill, do you honestly believe they would tell us? Just how many "private" scientists have the technology to personally test the current and see if the data compares to what the government agencies are telling us?

I hope I'm wrong here, because if it is because of the oil spill, it will get worse before it gets better as oil moves from the gulf of mexico into the gulf stream. This would over time effect the entire ocean cycle, not just the gulf stream.

Another interesting note is that the only states that did not experience above average temperatures were those on the West Coast, most of those experienced below normal temperatures.

Well what do you guys think?

A Coincidence or not?

edit on 29-2-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Nice one

I have been reading about this as well.
Things like this are going to steamroll
Climate scientists said 2 years ago that we had
reached the point of no return. Governments know this of course
that is why they are doing so little apart from carbon tax

I am starting to think some governments around the world are concidering
the option of leaving Earth instead of trying to save it. There are a number of
different projects happening now across the world that lead me to think this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have been waiting for this post. I have been wondering about the Gulf Stream, not because of oil, but because of all the fresh water added to the North Atlantic changing the salinity.

It is believed that North Atlantic Deep Water formation has been dramatically reduced at times during the past (such as during the Younger Dryas or during Heinrich events), and that this might correlate with a decrease in the strength of the Gulf Stream and the North Atlantic drift, in turn cooling the climate of northwestern Europe. There is concern that global warming might cause this to happen again. It is also hypothesized that during the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM), NADW was replaced with an analogous watermass that occupied a shallower depth known as Glacial North Atlantic Intermediate Water (GNAIW).

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is link for daily velocities images of the Gulf Stream, something different to add to your post:
rads.tudelft.nl...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have been of the belief ever since the Gulf oil spill that it would be responsible for changes in the weather. The stream has slowed dramatically and changed course at the same time. You need only look at the average weather patterns over years past over the United States compared to the past two years to see that storms have been taking dramatically different paths, and not only that, but they have been moving a lot slower. This contributed to a lot of flooding around the globe in 2011, as well as many drought areas in some locations due to long periods without any precipitation, quite simply because the "systems" are moving so slowly now.

It makes all weather a little more dramatic. I don't believe the oil is solely responsible, but I do believe it played a drastic part. Based on the information provided at the time about the effect it had on the North Atlantic Current, it could very well be one of the main causes for the strange weather we have been experiencing, and as someone else said, it is only going to continue to change.

new topics

top topics

join