It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, First Amendment: ‘Trespass Bill’ will make protest illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Ok maybe I am missing something but I looked this bill up and the only thing it is referring to is trespassing on federal property. Nothing major there.

SUMMARY AS OF:
11/17/2011--Reported to Senate amended.

Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to revise the prohibition against entering restricted federal buildings or grounds to impose criminal penalties on anyone who knowingly enters any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority. Defines "restricted buildings or grounds" as a posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area of: (1) the White House or its grounds or the Vice President's official residence or its grounds, (2) a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting, or (3) a building or grounds so restricted due to a special event of national significance.

Important information...good thread OP....
Source
edit on 2/28/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2012 by MountainLaurel because: format

Yes you are missing something, read that bill more closely. The people are being prohibited from protesting within any kind of close proximity to OUR government officials, AND it even extends to events OUR "supposed" elected officials attend. Think for a min. how crazy that is, we're not allowed to "BOTHER" them and disrupt all the "GOOD" work they are doing for us?

I don't know how much clearer it needs to get that there is an absolute disconect between the people and the goverment. Seems to me the message is very clear "Stay home and watch our chirade, suck it up, if you must, watch the soundbites of illusion masked as "true" debates, BUT don't even THINK about getting in our face and demanding ANSWERS and putting us on the spot in REAL LIFE...cause if you do your azz is going to jail, and force will be used against you.

edit on 28-2-2012 by MountainLaurel because: format

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

You added your reply in the quote.. but you make a good point!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

opps, I make mistakes when I get pissed, lol.....seriously my greatest hope is that we stay angry enough to act, but calm enough to act wisely keeping in mind our opponent has very much thought this through.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by omgitscj

What a monstrous bill... Obama turned out to be quite the snake-in-the-grass. That bastard won my ignorant 18-yr-old vote... boy do I feel the fool!

You are mistaken, pal. This bill was written and sponsored by Republicans and has only passed in the House. If you took the time to look at the bill, you would know to direct your ire at Rep. Thomas Rooney in Florida.

This bill is a complete waste of time. Trespassing is already illegal, do we really need another bill saying the same? This is designed to 'get their foot in the door' on declaring any form of protest illegal if it comes anywhere close to federal property,

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by omgitscj

It's a pit of vipers and all of them are snakes no matter what tune theyre hissing at the moment. Do not be fooled by ANY of them.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, what am I missing here? I went and read the summary of the bill and this deals with the White House or where the President and Vice President may appear or be for a period of time. Additionally, it covers national security events like the Super Bowl, World Series or similar national, high profile and high value type events.

Where is the problem? Was someone actually considering storming the White House fence line?? Everyone realizes this law just makes a new charge for arrest....they always would and still will simply SHOOT YOU if you pose a real and physical threat to the Pres, Vice Pres or the next couple down the line of Presidential Succession. I just don't see, by reading the actual text of what passed, what this really changed?

Remember S.C. Rep. Joe Wilson's, "You Lie!" comment to the Tyrant-in-Chief? Under this law, he would now be a felon.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Or we can just do what they do and totally disreguard the rules and not pay attention to what they try and pass.

Yes we should, I'm seriously starting to not care about the law anymore I don't care what they say is illegal. It's my life they can't tell me what to do. Throw me in jail I really don't care I will still tell them to **** off!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You've put a several hundred greed donkeys in the parliament to decide what's good for you or more likely what's good for them, lol. This is one of the big tragedies in history. I just can't stop wondering how the world came to such a conclusion that this would be the best for the people.
I'm still to be surprised on what's to come and what I am able to understand in the future. Until then they can keep robbing us from our rights as humans and living beings.
Peace, vote Obama for president!, Yeah right, rofl.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by omgitscj
What a monstrous bill... Obama turned out to be quite the snake-in-the-grass. That bastard won my ignorant 18-yr-old vote... boy do I feel the fool!

Don't worry about it... The first 2 times I voted were clearly not the right choice. It happens, like you said a snake in the grass. Your not the first person to believe the trash a political figure spews out all over the place and you wont be the last. Just one thing to remember the lesser of 2 evil's is still EVIL. Looking to be a protest vote for me this year again because of my previous statement.

Hmmm wonder if my protest vote will fall under the "trespass bill" for political protest? Not like our votes matter anymore, electronic voting machines are bad news bears!!

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is a Republican bill, sponsored by a Republican and passed by Republicans in the House

Obama has had nothing to do with this bill, nor anyone in the Senate.

If this bill has all the posters in the thread this upset, I suggest they take it up with Rep. Tom Rooney (R-FL) and the GOP.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is nothing new......since when as anyone been allowed near the prez for a protest?

`(1) the term `restricted buildings or grounds' means any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area-- `(A) of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President's official residence or its grounds; `(B) of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or `(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and `(2) the term `other person protected by the Secret Service' means any person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined such protection.'.

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.347.ENR:

This is straight out of the library of congress.

Over reacting a llttle bit? ......maybe

Will laws like this continue to surface extending their power?.....most definitely.

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.347.ENR:

Edit:allow to allowed

Also: it makes it more clear that the elected reps really dont care if ya protest or not. They just rather not see it.
edit on 29-2-2012 by morf991 because: (no reason given)

Also(2): off subject a bit. I went to work yesterday, and i was talking about Geither...to my surprise no one knew who he was. I was truly amazed
edit on 29-2-2012 by morf991 because: see also(2).

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is grossly over-played. Make protesting illegal? you sir, are disinformation at its worst! I researched the bill, and found this:

Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to revise the prohibition against entering restricted federal buildings or grounds to impose criminal penalties on anyone who knowingly enters any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority. Defines "restricted buildings or grounds" as a posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area of: (1) the White House or its grounds or the Vice President's official residence or its grounds, (2) a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting, or (3) a building or grounds so restricted due to a special event of national significance.

Therefore, if you're protesting in the president's yard, or a place "So restricted due to a SPECIAL EVENT OF NATIONAL SIGNIFICANCE, you'll be arrested. You would have been before, just with a misdemeanor charge. Now it's more serious.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

You Americans are getting trolled left and right nowadays now you can't even protest i feel like laughing and crying cause you guys are the land of the free and the home of the brave, what freedoms and the average citizen is to scared to do something serious about it so more like the land of the oppressed and the home of the lame ive come to expect more from you and for this i am truly sorry. Mabey if you elect ron paul this will stop i bet he voted against this so thats good eh.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you only have yourselves to blame. you let the american government get hijacked by two self serving political parties.

... and side-liners like yourself come from a land devoid of political greed and tyranny... a land where the obvious needs to be stated from high upon your mountain perch of unselfish governance while popping peeled grapes into your mouth reveling in the delusion you are somehow enlightening less fortunates with your keen observations.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Funny uh when these SOBs are bringing up bills to destroy the bill of rights, SUDDENLY... they don't disagree anymore...... what a freaking surprise.

Tyrants, all of them, both parties.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Arbiter of Lies
reply to post by jrkelly77

You Americans are getting trolled left and right nowadays now you can't even protest i feel like laughing and crying cause you guys are the land of the free and the home of the brave, what freedoms and the average citizen is to scared to do something serious about it so more like the land of the oppressed and the home of the lame ive come to expect more from you and for this i am truly sorry. Mabey if you elect ron paul this will stop i bet he voted against this so thats good eh.

Seriously? Step down off of your miniature horse... and stop lecturing and self-aggrandizing. You are in no position to do so.

Banning Masked Protests

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What the USA needs is a foreign country to come and free the americans from the tyranny of its gov.
Then this foreign troops will kill and rape (including children) in front of their fathers and mothers, who will then be killed or left aside shattered by the scene. Innocents will be put down like real enemies and then when the president is removed from power, the social structure is totally destabilized, they will install a "temporary gov" with the "best" of their own in power. Meanwhile, the people still alive will be treated as human resources for their own agenda. Free the USA! The corrupt gov. have WMD! Lets called this operation "KARMA", because its already starting to happen.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Is it necessary to stand on private property?

What's wrong with using the city's sidewalks for protests?

This bill does not eliminate protesting completely...just doing it in certain places where even someone walking their dog can get in trouble.

Protesting has taken trespassing overboard, so they made an example out of it. Not a lot they can do if you're doing it peacefully on public property.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
At this rate in 50 years we will have lost all of our rights, and we will all be property of the Chinese government

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are they seriously trying to provoke the citizens?

They keep it up and people will start saying to hell with the laws and the consequences.
Have these people ever read a history book and see what happens when the majority of citizens no longer recognize their governments authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join