It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your concept of Heaven?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am just curious as to what some of your idea�s about heaven are. I think that heaven is more of a state of being rather than a place you go. What do you all think?!?!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Being able to eat all the krystal chicken sandwiches ever, and maybe forever Happiness with a loved one.

dwm

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just know what the Bible says is going to happen, and you can read what it says here:

Revelations 21

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" - 1 Corinthians 2:9

God brought us into his family as his children, not slaves. He promised to give us a great inheritance, but most people are like Esau, who traded his birthright for a bowl of soup. (read about it here)

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by dwm]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i think that heaven is a place. in fact i know that it is a place because of what the bible says

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by supernut89
i think that heaven is a place. in fact i know that it is a place because of what the bible says

Give me a quote that says that the bible is a place. In fact the word "heaven" in the bible refers to the sky. Ancient people didn't differ from the two. God gave you an imagination didn't he?!?!?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwm
I just know what the Bible says is going to happen, and you can read what it says here:

Revelations 21

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" - 1 Corinthians 2:9

God brought us into his family as his children, not slaves. He promised to give us a great inheritance, but most people are like Esau, who traded his birthright for a bowl of soup. (read about it here)

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by dwm]

I feel that man
Until then all we can do is imagine

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
hmm, I suppose we shall be content, isnt that all we really want? No pain physical or emotional?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I honestly think that since we have our own free will, when we die, we personally decided what heaven looks like!

For me, i would like to be living in the countryside with my family and friends around me. Always having a good time but being able to have a challenge as well.

Thats me though...

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think that after we die and judged, if you go to Heaven it is a place where you mind creates your surrondings so you can be content.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wouldn't you rather be in a place that you can recreate if you want something diffrent?

I'd hate to live somewhere that i didn't have a choice!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have always wanted to be able to make my existence in heaven. I want to seperate real life from heaven. I don't want heaven to remind me of the real life. So in reality the real heaven for me is knowing that I could talk to Hitler and he wouldn't be the Hitler I remember, but the Hitler he could have and should have been. That is heaven to me. Heaven is the ability to see and do what you want when you want. That means creating life. Or in a sense being 'God'. If this is a sin, then burn me now!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So in reality the real heaven for me is knowing that I could talk to Hitler and he wouldn't be the Hitler I remember, but the Hitler he could have and should have been.

Deep

dwm hit it on the nose, no one can imagine what heaven will be like, but then again all we can do is sit back imagine.

AF1

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Still imagining is all the fun in it. If you don't dream about it, then why bother trying to get there. Just knowing that it will be more that what I ever wanted is just a driving force.

Then again what if the people you want to see in heaven aren't there. Like loved ones and friends. Would that truly be heaven?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well the man came up to Jesus with the story what happens when a woman who has married 7 men on earth dies and all her husbands are in heaven, who is she married to?

I forgot the exact response but Jesus said something like we dont have any relations in heaven? Does that sound right? I gotta go back to the Bible and look for it.

But in my opinion I don't think we'll have any recollection of earth in heaven. All we'll be doing in heaven is worshipping.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree with AF1 and AV. If my friends and family arent there, then I have no reason to be either. But Im hoping that you create your own heaven. Since God did give us imaginations he must have wanted us to use them in this world and the afterlife. Well, I guess we will all have to wait and see.

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

AF1

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That won't be my heaven either. Why bother living this life if you will never remember it. That's the whole point of living, to experience all the ups and downs and everything this world has to offer. God gave this as his gift to us, so why not experience it all. Individuality is huge to me, and the thought of losing yourself is not heaven.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well I'm not trying to complain about what heaven is. As long as I don't burn in hell for eternity I'm fine with whatever heaven is.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Worship is not something the self can benefit from. It is something the else can benefit from. That is no worth. That is being passive to self. Is that not a wrong??? Is not life and thought confined to the self??? Should we have to connect??? Should we as beings, be one. One being???? What is that??? Is that what God wants????

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Of course we're going to worship in heaven. It's worshipping and prayer that will get us there in the first place.

What do you think, we're just going to play pick up basketball games with Jesus and Abraham all day?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join