It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan and Arizona primary thread.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
ROMNEY WINS michgan

ROMNEY wins!!

cnn projected winner ROMNEY for MI

Yep...but he may not win the majority of the delegates...right now Santorum is leading in more congressional districts.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by popsmayhem
ROMNEY WINS michgan

ROMNEY wins!!

cnn projected winner ROMNEY for MI

Yep...but he may not win the majority of the delegates...right now Santorum is leading in more congressional districts.

ahhhhh good point....

A wins is a win is a win..
Although those delegates
might be split, it is good Romney
didn't officially *loose* his own state..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

ROMNEY WINS michgan ROMNEY wins!! cnn projected winner ROMNEY for MI

So you are aware that Romneys top donors are all bankers? That his top supporter is Government Sachs?

If you've never seen the documentary "Inside Job" about the financial crisis you should.

Efforts to regulate derivatives were thwarted by the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, backed by several key officials. In the 2000s, the industry was dominated by five investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, and Bear Stearns), two financial conglomerates (Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase), three securitized insurance companies (AIG, MBIA, AMBAC) and three rating agencies (Moody’s, Standard & Poors, Fitch)

en.wikipedia.org...

Who are Romneys top donors? Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, B of A, JP Morgan Chase, and Citigroup.

You are aware that if elected, Romney would follow the same fiscal policies because that's what the banks want right? You are aware that as shi**y as the country has been Romney would only continue the status quo?

And Romney "winning" MI is a good thing?
edit on 28-2-2012 by coyotepoet because: Added bank and movie info

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

It's not that him winning is a good thing, but this win was set in stone. It would of been too dramatic if he would of lost his home state...This primary was the showcase for Romney and Santorum...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

So you are aware that Romneys top donors are all bankers? That his top supporter is Government Sachs?
You are aware that if elected, Romney would follow the same fiscal policies because that's what the banks want right? You are aware that as shi**y as the country has been Romney would only continue the status quo?

There are no "free" elections anymore. That concept was altered forever when corporations were incredulously defined by the SC as "people".

We're ( actual individual people ) totally screwed now.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by coyotepoet

It's not that him winning is a good thing, but this win was set in stone. It would of been too dramatic if he would of lost his home state...This primary was the showcase for Romney and Santorum...

case in point.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Santorum is still leading Romney 9-4 in congressional districts.

That translate to a 18-10 delegate win for Santorum (2 delegates per district, 2 statewide)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

case in point.

In other words...

There are no "free" elections anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ron Paul projected to do very well in Washington state 3/3 ....the last primary event before Super Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Ron Paul projected to do very well in Washington state 3/3 ....the last primary event before Super Tuesday.

I don't see much polling from Washington state, but the latest polling from the 21st, I see has Paul running third.

www.publicpolicypolling.com...
Santorum: 38%
Romney: 27%
Paul: 15%
Gingrich: 12%

I would assume Romney gets a boost out of tonights wins, Santorum has been dropping from his crazy talk lately and tonights loses won't do him any good.

Is there a reason you think Ron Paul will bump up in support?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I don't see much polling from Washington state, but the latest polling from the 21st, I see has Paul running third.

www.publicpolicypolling.com...
Santorum: 38%
Romney: 27%
Paul: 15%
Gingrich: 12%

I would assume Romney gets a boost out of tonights wins, Santorum has been dropping from his crazy talk lately and tonights loses won't do him any good.

Is there a reason you think Ron Paul will bump up in support?

Lol, I keep reading people are hearing that Ron Paul is doing great and such, yet you come with completely different numbers, haha.. Not attacking you or something, just find the whole situation weird and funny x)

There must be something fishy, it smells rotten a long way, even here in cold Norway ;/

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Man.. How did Mitt win Michigan? He is such an idiot. He goes to a super poor state and tries to woo them buy letting them know he drives cars produced there. However instead of just saying he has a ford and chevy he says he drives a Mustang, a chevy, and his wife drives "a couple of cadillacs actually." LOL.. he really is soo out of touch.

The default position for his foot is in his mouth.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Excerpt from an older message about the 08 Presidential election. The
exception this time, Santorum is the one Republican candidate totally for life.

Dear God the Father, all the faithful ask you in prayer, help everyone in our country to accept Your words here, to be enlightened to change
if they believe it is their choice, life.

+ + +

Message to m.tague from God The Father Jan.11, 2008

GOD THE FATHER speaks:

"Not one of the candidates running for president of your country- - -U.S.A. - - -is truly of Me! One is a Mormon and one is a Muslim- - -neither are Christians. The others all break My Commandments especially 'THOU SHALT NOT KILL.' They believe in same sex unions which is NOT a marriage!!! I told you - - -'ONE MAN FOR ONE WOMAN!

You will have a dictatorship and no more free will. U.S.A. is on a downward spiral to feel My Justice! My HAND IS FALLING! Destruction IS coming- -severe punishment awaits U.S.A. and every country that eliminates your God!...

m. tague

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I like the way you speak.

Wanna maybe grab a drink later?

Cutie.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by MrSpad

But, you can not expect most college kids to bother looking to much into politics they do not even bother to vote.

Well that's what i find strange, supposedly Ron Paul is a huge hit on college campuses. I find it hard to believe that most of them aren't on some kind of financial aid, grant, or loan.

Or that the guy wants to sell our national parks and shut down the Department of the Interior. Maybe Disney would buy Yellow Stone and make it into an amusement park.

And not only that, Ron Paul would put free trade on steroids, making it even more difficult to compete with slave labor.

Just because the guy wants to minimize government does not mean it's good for the country. It seems people get too caught up in the "liberty" rhetoric.

Paul is nearly as extreme as Santorum...just in a different way.
Wrong. Ron Paul wants to end NAFTA and CAFTA. Ever heard of the Texas Super Highway? Google it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You can't come out against contraceptives and expect to win, and you can't say that woman who become pregnant due to rape shouldn't be allowed abortions. Ironic that his wife had an abortion before she married him, I wonder how he lives "knowing" he will go to heaven and his wife to hell. I mean that's what he believes right?

He is a nut job for sure.

Ah...You are attacking Santorum on Far Right issues? Just take a look at your buddy's quotes:

..It's academic to talk about civil liberties if you don't talk about the true protection of all life. So if you're going to protect liberty, you have to protect the life of the unborn just as well. I have a bill in Congress ["Sanctity of Life Act of 2007"] which I certainly would promote and push as president...and what it would do is establish the principle that life begins at conception."

Exactly the same as Santorum on Church and State:

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs.

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother's life.

So you see your man is just as crazy as Santorum is and Santorum is doing better in the polls. Methinks your jealous!

edit on 28-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

You think Paul and Santorum are crazy because they want to ban partial birth abortions? Wow, just wow.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Let's hear from Romney, Santorum, or Gingrich supporters; why are they solid choices for POTUS? Don't just spout why you think Paul is not a good choice.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
HOW.. PLEASE TELL A SIMPLE CANADIAN... HOW HOW HOW is Santorum in the lead in these States?

Keep in mind, there is 2 partys
he is squeaking ahead of the nomination for one of these parties
And, the people whom are voting are voting for a line of idiots and unelectables..

So, although he is in the top 2 of these states...it doesn't mean the states in question are -that- retarded...it just means that political side of things, many people simply aren't voting out of sheer disgust at the choices.

But across the state in question, it is unlikely he would get more than 20% of the vote if going against Obama. Which is what the RNC is actually trying to say mind you..that if they put forward Santorum, it will make the US become the US Ocean (aka, all blue).

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Well gee. his is a conservative, Republican, generational politician, Ex Corporate raider and
insanely wealthy.

I am shocked

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Well gee. his is a conservative, Republican, generational politician, Ex Corporate raider and insanely wealthy. I am shocked

Ha! Your point is well taken-the fact that his top supporters are all bankers should not surprise anyone given your points above. I was just saying that people who are voting for him because they think he would fix this economic mess we are in are naive to think that he is not beholden to the very banking entities that created the mess in the first place.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join