It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have to rely on stratfor for intelligence? i thought our cia had thousands of analysts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
why are we paying a private think tank to get intelligence? i thought the cia and dia and nsa did all the dirty stuff?and no hackers hack into their top secret emails-i think we should pay the mossad to supply us with realtime information because what we are doing now is not good for the usa
edit on 28-2-2012 by sedona5602 because: error in spelling

edit on 28-2-2012 by sedona5602 because: correct spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Look at what George Friedman said about the NSA. Here's a direct quote:

"National Security Agency. Also called The Fort. Owns
Sigint and Elint. Completely out of control. It is so
compartmentalized they refer to other offices as B1 or D8
and genuinely don’t know what anyone else does."

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sedona5602

It is a form of money laundering.
They take tax payer money and give it to private corporations who generally represent the key players such as bankers.
This way they can gain control of the public through debt and financial dependency.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
In a nutshell tptb through Harvard told us it's more efficient. reality is it's easier to control anything the moments it's passed elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sedona5602
why are we paying a private think tank to get intelligence? i thought the cia and dia and nsa did all the dirty stuff?and no hackers hack into their top secret emails-i think we should pay the mossad to supply us with realtime information because what we are doing now is not good for the usa
edit on 28-2-2012 by sedona5602 because: error in spelling

While I'm sure we get plenty of info from Mossad, Don't you think they have better things to do than work for the U.S.? Not to mention the fact that getting all of our info from a foreign source would risk all the info being slanted in favor of that countries interests (no matter who it was).

Honestly I think that using private firms or corporations to spy, do our intelligence work, or even private security detail is a mistake.....Look at the controversies surrounding Blackwater.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think the main reason that intelligence is privatized is so that us normal citizens can never get any information. Freedom Of Information Act requests do not apply to the private sector, so we have no "right" to what they do/know.

That's also why private companies like General Dynamics are paid to scour the internet forums and social media sites looking for dissent amongst the citizens. It was found out that they were paid through a FOIA request but what data they have actually collected can not be obtained by a FOIA request.

"plausible deny-ability" feck that shyte

new topics

top topics

join