It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel. Feeling of Enlightenment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm posting this message to see if I can gain more insight to an experience I had during what I would call a state of meditation.

I'll try to put into words the experience although I don't believe words can do it justice.

While focusing inward, on what felt like a "buzzing" or "vibration", at first on the forehead and then deep inside the mind I began traveling through a fantastic tunnel. This seemed to be composed of stars, galaxies, particles and was incredibly detailed and colorful. I seemed to be conscious of what was going on, feeling fully awake and in awe. This was like nothing I've ever visualized or pictured before, feeling in some way real.

After what felt like a minute or two of traveling down the tunnel, I felt like I had arrived at some sort of destination. But visually, there's nothing that I can describe other than total blackness. However the feeling I had was like nothing I have ever experienced. It was an awareness of the interconnectedness of everything. A feeling that we all are one. A feeling of complete contentment and a feeling like this is where I came from and someday would return.

After this, I felt so energized I didn't feel like I needed to sleep for 3 days. I didn't tell anyone about the experience but I thought maybe some in this forum may be able to shed some light on it.

I've since tried to get back and recreate this experience, however, I have not had any success in doing so after trying for over a year. In any case, I feel very privileged to have had the experience and maybe don't need to have it again.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Now that you have had that experience, the desire and expectation of recreating that experience will activate your memory, preventing you from actually seeing what is. I would suggest you just keep at it, trying your best to be present rather than imagining the things you've already seen or trying to make sense of it. Congratulations
. Be Persistant but dont try too hard.
edit on 28-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJmaps
I'm posting this message to see if I can gain more insight to an experience I had during what I would call a state of meditation.

I'll try to put into words the experience although I don't believe words can do it justice.

While focusing inward, on what felt like a "buzzing" or "vibration", at first on the forehead and then deep inside the mind I began traveling through a fantastic tunnel. This seemed to be composed of stars, galaxies, particles and was incredibly detailed and colorful. I seemed to be conscious of what was going on, feeling fully awake and in awe. This was like nothing I've ever visualized or pictured before, feeling in some way real.

After what felt like a minute or two of traveling down the tunnel, I felt like I had arrived at some sort of destination. But visually, there's nothing that I can describe other than total blackness. However the feeling I had was like nothing I have ever experienced. It was an awareness of the interconnectedness of everything. A feeling that we all are one. A feeling of complete contentment and a feeling like this is where I came from and someday would return.

After this, I felt so energized I didn't feel like I needed to sleep for 3 days. I didn't tell anyone about the experience but I thought maybe some in this forum may be able to shed some light on it.

I've since tried to get back and recreate this experience, however, I have not had any success in doing so after trying for over a year. In any case, I feel very privileged to have had the experience and maybe don't need to have it again.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have been down that tunnel too it seems, can i ask you was faces? like people looking at you while you traveled??. maybe not all human looking??..
Have you been trying to open you're 3rd eye??, cos thats when i see such things??.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I have been down that tunnel too it seems, can i ask you was faces? like people looking at you while you traveled??. maybe not all human looking??..
Have you been trying to open you're 3rd eye??, cos thats when i see such things??.

In my experience, no faces. Was more like looking out and seeing the tunnel around me...full of colors and incredible detail. It's really incredible what is inside all of us. I've only read a bit about the 3rd eye after trying to research the experience. Is a tunnel generally associated with the opening of the 3rd eye?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of approaching it in that way.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KJmaps

I didn't tell anyone about the experience but I thought maybe some in this forum may be able to shed some light on it.
What you described appears to be an astral projection experience. The "buzzing" is a typical feeling experienced as your "spirit" disconnects from your physical body, it's almost an electrical sensation. The reason for your increased state of awareness is due to the increase in the number of perceptive sensory equipment that your spirit possesses, which ultimately comes down to the more fundamental linkage with the environment/reality around you when in that form.
edit on 28-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJmaps

In my experience, no faces. Was more like looking out and seeing the tunnel around me...full of colors and incredible detail. It's really incredible what is inside all of us. I've only read a bit about the 3rd eye after trying to research the experience. Is a tunnel generally associated with the opening of the 3rd eye?

I couldnt tell you to be honest, as im only kinda new to all this stuff myself.
Im still trying to find answers myself. anyway s+f for you my friend,
my we have a good journey down this tunnel

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Beautiful experience OP.

I suggest not attempting to go there again, why go somewhere you have already been(and will be returning to as you've put it)?

What you're looking for is everything else, everything you didn't see on that voyage.

Love and Light.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KJmaps

The experience you had was there without you knowing about t when you started meditating. It exists in this moment at your center, as it does in mine and at the center of the rest of mankind, even if we are not 'looking' towards it, it is there always.

This means that enlightenment is not a process, it does not occurr by gathering ideas or building upon past experiences, its just there, one does not become enlightened, they realize they are enlightened.

I have often simillar experiences of the tunnel, I dont see stars and other things, but often light or shapes of colour or even past memories sort of push in front of my mental space. There is the feeling of expansion, and a sense that my center is lost in it all, as if I am looking forwards and behind and side to side at the same time, into emptiness. There are feelings involved as well, what are the feelings or emotions you sense when you go inside?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KJmaps

speaking about it is the best thing IMHO, what you realise is that meditation is not about finding anything specific or seeing anything special, its not about feeling anything, its not about gaining some kind of mystical knowledge or unraveling of reality or connecting with some great source. its about the concept that you have not been completely alive, and the first moment you notice true absolute silence is the moment you finished the birth your mother started a long time ago, from there the walk begins, and you can finally notice and learn what true beauty is and always has been. In your case, your metaphorical vision was ebbing you towards silence, ive had this happen before, and its like a large roadblock with a sign reading "DISCERPREN". hope i could help

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks all for the comments and feedback. It's really insightful to hear from individuals who know more about this than I. It's quite amazing to me that some of these experiences, while so personal and "inward looking" are shared in some sense among people.

There are feelings involved as well, what are the feelings or emotions you sense when you go inside?

When it happened, I was in awe. I don't know if this is the right word to use but in a way omniscient. Not in an all knowing sense but spiritually omniscient. Everything was in that one place.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KJmaps

Thank you for sharing your experience. You have shared enough for me to recognize it as one that I have also experienced.

Often a peak experience can be a distraction if we focus too much on wanting to get back to it. The path often twists and turns, with glimpses ahead, but the experiences of today and the path under our feet and right in front of us is the gateway to moving forward.

In my own case, peak experiences such as you describe came rarely, in between lots of other spiritual experiences and growth. They then became more frequent, and so it goes.

My question is this: You mention trying for the last year to "recreate" it. In that year, has your meditation and spiritual learning/practice yielded any other experiences or benefits?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

My question is this: You mention trying for the last year to "recreate" it. In that year, has your meditation and spiritual learning/practice yielded any other experiences or benefits?

I'm not too experienced with meditation. I've always had the ability to focus my attention inward and become very calm and relaxed...blanking everything out. At times I've been able to visualize things incredibly well while doing this. I wish I could do it more often with more control. But in trying to recreate the experience, I've been unsuccessful and in the process nothing of note has transpired.

I agree that the attempt at trying to force something, rather than let what comes come is probably disruptive to the whole process.

I now look at things a bit differently. It's expanded my feelings and allowed me to think more confidently and independently about issues of faith.

But meditatively, I probably need to learn some techniques to delve further into it. For me it was an anomaly.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KJmaps

KJmaps congratulations! I have had the same experience, except you made it till the end. I believe what we and others have experienced is a wormhole. I believe it is our way to cross dimensional travel, or even time travel.

Like mcdgray129, I have been down a dark smokey tunnel. people's arms and faces were lining the tunnel. There was a bright light at the end. i got scared for a moment, and went back to my body. the process i used and described in another forum is below: www.abovetopsecret.com...

here's a quick way to access your third eye. This was not taught to me, but a technique that came to me while in meditation. I take things that come to me and expand on them. this is the result of doing this sort of thing.

get into meditative state...focus on your eyelids(most people just see black)...focus on any colors that may be coming into view... the colors will shift in the a ROY G BIV sequence(this may vary depending on how familiar you are with your own aura and seeing colors)...as the colors are dancing around before your eyes...focus on them...you can play with them by bringing one color at a time into view(experiment with different things)...

...When you are familiar with these colors...focus on the center of your field of view...you start to see a small dark spot appear...THIS IS YOUR THIRD EYE....focus on that dot...bring that dot into view....magnify it..see if you can get it to absorb your whole auric field....HAPPY JOURNEYS.

I am being kind of general on my description b/c most people aren't familiar with deep meditative state/seeing colors/energy. I rather not tell people directly how to do this type of thing, but guide them in order for them to formulate their own technique and experience. I encourage all of you trying this to go with anything your instincts are telling you, challenge yourself, have intention. endless possibilities await you.

this third eye technique has personally allowed me to travel out of body, travel through a Wormhole, and answer deep spiritual questions.

Caution:while working with my third eye, i have experienced intense pain, and severe emotional suffering. It has this ability to release your inner happiness along with your intense sadness. you will be brought to laughter and tears. It all is needed in working through your Karma on ones path to enlightenment.

I hope this may help some of you seekers and workers of the light.

blessings

Since traveling through this tunnel, i have not been able to repeat it exactly. the last time i tried was about a month ago. In this instance i brought my third eye to encapsulate my whole being, i started spiraling into the tunnel this time instead of traveling up and outward, i was traveling down and to the right. It was intense. i was loving it, then i came out of it because i heard my dog drinking my coffee. Bummer! maybe i'll try again soon.

Keep up the good work! Pray for and forgive our enemies, send healing to the world in this great time of need.

love and light to all.
blessings

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

Thanks for your instruction and explanation of your own experience. I'll give the technique a try.

It's been great to get some input from this community.

top topics

join