It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
well im not sure whats going on but i may have java issues,

i've never being able to use chat voyeur since i signed up, I've just hit 150 posts and cant access chat, it says -
"Sorry, your browser is not Java enabled, please visit " i went to scripting with java and it was already enabled?.

Any help would be kindly received, thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Check this link - download.cnet.com... t-Standard-Edition/3000-2213_4-10260702.html

download and install.

Or search for j2re in google and find another link, if you desire.

If you have manually disabled java within your browser, turn it back on, or reset browser to stock.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

JavaScript is diff. than full-blown Java. You need to download/install/enable Java runtime for your browser, or get a diff. browser like Google Chrome that makes it easier to do so if you run into trouble.
edit on 2/27/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Hence the download link for j2re.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I had a similar problem. all i did was install firefox instead of stupid IE and just started fresh. worked perfectly.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

I had a lot if issues with my old computer doing the same. If all else fails, you should be able to uninstall your current java (I recommend Revo uninstaller, available at Cnet's Download.com for all your uninstalling needs) and then do a fresh reinstall of the current JRE. Got me right in with no issues after much frustration trying to resolve otherwise.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

1 Chat voyeur does not work.
2 Java is best downloaded from Official Java site where there is also a test page to check that it is all installed and working correctly.
3 There is a limit on people who can get in chat. Users with illegal characters in their name (such as #'s -'s and other non letter characters) cannot enter. Users with lower than a certain post count may also not enter. I don't know what the limit was but I thought it was 250 posts. Maybe someone else can clarify.

To clarify, Javascript is a browser scripting language, Java is a full-blown programming language that is (somewhat) OS portable. Hope it helps.
edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Your link is angry.

Try this one to find your appropriate version of JRE

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

1 Chat voyeur does not work.
2 Java is best downloaded from Official Java site where there is also a test page to check that it is all installed and working correctly.
3 There is a limit on people who can get in chat. Users with illegal characters in their name (such as #'s -'s and other non letter characters) cannot enter. Users with lower than a certain post count may also not enter. I don't know what the limit was but I thought it was 250 posts. Maybe someone else can clarify.

To clarify, Javascript is a browser scripting language, Java is a full-blown programming language that is (somewhat) OS portable. Hope it helps.
edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed link

this is 100% correct, i came to help but was beaten to it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

No joke!

Thanks for handling it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi guys, Thanks for you help i installed my java runtime x64, Seems to have worked a treat and it allowed me into chat. i will Star you all for replying.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
how do you get into chat when i try there is a black and white pic of aload of people talking in a room

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

There is a link at the bottom of the page of black and white people you mention,

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

iv been trying to find it it was cut of because for some reason my screen az zoomed in 25% cutting it off

top topics

join