It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Shooting at Ohio school; victims unknown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Sheriff: Shooting at Ohio school; victims unknown

www.sfgate.com

(02-27) 05:38 PST Chardon, Ohio (AP) --

A sheriff's office is confirming a shooting at a northeastern Ohio high school.

Civil deputy Erin Knife with the Geauga County Sheriff's Office says the shooting was reported around 7:30 a.m. Monday at Chardon High School.

Knife says she doesn't have the number of victims yet, and says a single person suspected in the shooting has left the school but is not in custody.

Schools in the area are locked down.

Chardon is about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2012/02/27/national/a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.chicagotribune.com
www.ksnt.com

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't really have a lot to say, this is breaking news and few details are available at the moment. I will keep watching this today and will update as more news is available.

It looks like 2 people were shot, no news on their status yet.

The suspect is still at large according to all sources this morning. All nearby schools are on lockdown and in crisis mode.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Suspect in custody

Knife says she doesn't have the number of victims yet, and says a single person is suspected in the shooting. Superintendent Joseph Bergant II tells television station WKYC that the alleged culprit is in custody. He says he doesn't know the extent of the students' injuries.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
CNN is reporting 4 shot, 3 boys and one girl. 3 in critical condition and one in stable condition. The shooter is in custody. As I type this they say that 2 people are in custody, but this is breaking so guess we will find out for sure as it develops..

ETA: It was Fox and not CNN that reported the above. Im flipping back and forth from channels...
edit on 2/27/12 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I live nearby Chardon, the gunman is in custody and 4 kids were injured, none fatally

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the information -
awaiting updates.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes thank you all for updates - can you please provide links when available?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Per a student from the school being interviewed on Fox 8 News, the suspect is a sophomore and tweeted last night about bringing a gun to school. Haven't confirmed that yet.

She also said the suspect had a friend with him. The friend was unarmed.

Fox 8 Live Stream
edit on 27-2-2012 by 1ibl2ibs because: Added link to live stream

edit on 27-2-2012 by 1ibl2ibs because: added additional info

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Best wishes to all those injured or dead.

I hate stories like this. Any idea if it was kids doing the shooting? Those tragedies are always the worst in my mind. When you are young, everything seems so personal and traumatic - the little slight in the lunch queue is a major issue, someone not answering is a show of disrespect, etc.

Really, just best wishes to all those caught up in this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm not finding anything about more than a single suspect in custody, but I am reading internet news and don't have access to a TV right now.

Here is some eyewitness testimony though:

9:25 a.m.: According to Chardon Local Schools superintendent Joseph Bergant II, four students were shot this morning at Chardon High School. The suspected lone shooter has been taken into police custody. Saying that the district is in “crisis mode,” CLS Community Coordinator Ellen Ondrey says that the Chardon Police Department remains at the scene and that the school remains on lockdown. Ondrey adds that all classes in the district have been cancelled. She says students at the high school and middle school had already started their day and bus runs for elementary school kids were stopped. Arrangements are being made to get every CLS student home safely. One student suggested that the shooting occurred in the cafeteria and that a total of five shots had been fired in the shooting that started at 7:30 a.m.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Flavian,

Preliminary reports indicate that it was a student at the high school.

Things are still a little chaotic though, I'm seeing conflicting reports from different news articles so I think we're going to have to watch and see as the smoke clears.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not going to go on a big rant about shootings, society and who did what when we just don't know yet. All I will say is - my prayers go out to the folks there, victims, families, even the families of the suspects and the suspects themselves. Lord have mercy.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here is a link to what I posted above from Fox news confirming what I said. This is truly sad news...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've been watching channel 8 news all morning, it didn't look like anyone was in a panic, there were no emergency vehicles speeding away from the scene. The helicopter has been filming from above the school and it looks pretty calm for a shooting, the school has been surrounded by the SWAT team all morning, the police said they have practiced a school lockdown scenario before and everything has gone smooth as planned.

I also just heard that the gunmen had specific people that they were going after...

stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The reporters for the local Fox station are finally talking to kids that have been released.

The students ARE saying there were 2 gunmen and that one of them was chasing another student down the hall while trying to shoot him/her.

Another student confirmed that one of the gunmen posted something on twitter last night about people being hurt tomorrow (today).

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
live scanner feed www.radioreference.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the scanner feed. I wish I could watch/listen right now.

I'm very curious what their motive was. I hope the injured are doing well and if there are two gunmen, I really hope they are both in custody.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am not far from Chardon. Some of my coworkers have left to pick up their kids who attend school there. Thankfully their children are ok, will definitely keep all of the victims and their families in my thoughts.
edit on 27-2-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Here's the most info yet in a single article from CNN:

www.kpax.com...

So it looks like it was a single gunman, he was a student. This report says "at least three were injured."

He is in custody - I hope we get a name and can see this alleged twitter message soon. If some students were aware of this twitter message why was no one informed? Did the students report it and there was no action or was it ignored?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thoughts are of course with the family and friends of those injured but is it just me that has concluded that ever since government have been on an anti gun crusade that there are more incidents like this, more than coincidence maybe

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join