It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Via train derailment in Ontario kills 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Via train derailment in Ontario kills 3

www.cbc.ca

A Via Rail train derailment on Sunday has claimed the lives of three people in southern Ontario.

Halton Regional Police confirmed that three people are dead and at least two people have been taken to hospital via air ambulance.

The Toronto-bound train was travelling from the Niagara area of southern Ontario went off the tracks on Sunday afternoon.

A Via Rail spokesperson told CBC News that 75 people were on board the train.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandmail.com
news.nationalpost.com

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is terrible... tragic. It really hits you when its close to home.. Not a great way to start a year...

Lots more to come in 2012 im sure...
Speed was likely a factor... i don't know what else can tip a train over... Maybe a big rock? I think this is the first train derailment we've had around here in a long time... Thank God it doesn't happen often

Theres a lot of news coverage on this story already... Very sad news

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is terrible. To bad too with VIA really starting to come into it's own as well, they've been really pushing the alternative travel bit for business trips and what not, have seen quite a bit of advertising lately. A more relaxed way to travel and reasonably economic as well, especially if you have the time for it. Something I would consider for my own business. Bit of a greener alternative and more relaxed. Hopefully the people who made it recover well and condolences to those families of the people that died. Wonder what the cause is going to turn out to be?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The investigation results are in...

The train was going almost 4 times the speed limit for changing tracks when it tipped over...

the train was traveling approx. 65mph, at the place where the trains switch tracks.... the speed limit at that area was only 15mph...

Unfortunate circumstances... careless engineers, and sadly they are the only ones that died in the accident

edit on 1-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join