It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-Headed Tortoise In Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Two-headed tortoise goes on show in Ukraine

www.theprovince.com...

KIEV - A two-headed Central Asian tortoise has gone on show at the natural science museum in Kiev where visitors will be able to observe the different eating habits of each head over the next two months.

"Animals with this type of pathology are only rarely born and don't survive in natural condition."

"Strictly speaking it isn't a tortoise with two heads, but rather two conjoined tortoises," Yuri Yuravliov, a zoologist, told AFP.

"The female has two heads, two hearts, four front legs, but only two hind ones, and one intestine," he explained.

The five-year-old tortoise has a heart-shaped shell, about a dozen centimetres (4.7 inches) in width, according to an AFP journalist.

www.youtube.com...

I think it is a pretty neat story but I do wonder how that tortoise is able to manage itself. Sounds like a pretty complex lifestyle if you ask me

edit on 26-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/2/2012 by ArMaP because: embeded video link corrected

edit on Sun Feb 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I love that one eats leaves and the other only eats bright coloured food haha.

It`s a siamese turtle, so its not sooo abnormal. I imagined one turtle body with two heads.

Edit: like this snake

edit on 26-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Those are both really awesome!
The turtle and the snake I mean, not both turtle heads.
I wonder if the two heads of one of these creatures ever get mad at each other and start smacking their heads together? Or fight over who gets to eat the food? Maybe they dont care about taste or eating at all, as long as they feel full from it?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
For some reason it makes me sad.... the turtles can never really see each other or know whats pulling back against them...

God I'm such a pussy lol,, but really there is nothing they could do for those turtles?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
For some reason it makes me sad.... the turtles can never really see each other or know whats pulling back against them...

God I'm such a pussy lol,, but really there is nothing they could do for those turtles?

They could probably make a soup......... is that what you meant?

Seems to be a lot of two headed creatures these days - anyone remember the 2 headed kids in Brazil? I think i read that 3 have been born over the past 12 months with that condition in one area of Brazil!

People will try to link this to radiation probably as is it Ukraine (Chernobyl) but this kind of natural variations has always happened.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by truthinfact

They could probably make a soup......... is that what you meant?

pure evil

Seriously though I agree a lot of conjoined humans also... Very strange.. especially with humans.... than again maybe not... a lot of radioactive particles in our environments now

Either way this turtle is technically a natural GMO
edit on 2/27/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

top topics

join