It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian citizen journalists risk death, targetted; city of Homs facing starvation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Syrian citizen journalists risk death, targetted; city of Homs facing starvation

en.wikinews.org

Syrian forces have been shelling the Baba Amr district of Homs, Syria for almost a month. Civilians and journalists are amongst the dead, and Wikinews spoke to a local citizen journalist, attracting attention both from the world's media and from the Syrian Armed Forces.

The violent, often deadly, events following may have, indirectly, resulted from this action. Journalists discussed in this article put their lives in jeopardy to give the world a record of events; in some cases, dying doing so.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is an in-depth report I wrote on Wikinews regarding a citizen journalist in Homs, Syria and how his live broadcast may have indirectly caused a lot of events that happened around him. Those events include the killings of three journalists, Rami al-Sayed, Marie Colvin who was a Sunday Times journalist, and award winning French photographer Rémi Ochlik.

I spent countless hours researching video footage (with help), documents and talking to the citizen journalist at the center of all these events as bombs went off around him. Another contributor put together our videos as well.

As disgusting as it is to read about what is happening in Syria and how the people there are suffering, I posted this article in hopes to inform readers of one side to the mess there. I hope you find this report informative.

en.wikinews.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
nvm, just watched the video

edit on 25/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

ETA I still think the west are trying to play up any internal difficulties. It could just be me though.
edit on 25/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
if your going to place wher bombs falling from the sky ,you will be hurt.And when its happend
why the crying about .You know from begining that will be the outcom .
If alien forces with so called "rebels" come to my town and start fight vs legal govt. I will run for the hills.
People who steay in the city until now ,make they on misery.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Please dont anyone forget, just how slimy the barstids are......
They are willing to sacrifice any amount of real people, men, women and children, for political power.
I am talking not just about the Syrian military here, but about all these different power plays.......
No matter the cause, how worthy the effort, or how morally pure the leaders.
It is the Children, the old, the disabled, the civilian,people with no violent motives or pretensions to power,;
These are the ultimate victims of all the posturing and fighting.
If anyone deserves to be left alone it is the innocent young.....these are our worlds future, and what kind of people are we making out of them?
The traumatised remnants of the kids of all these places will be forever altered........(fact physically altered brain chemicals, horrible mental scars, even all kinds of physical atrocities randomly suffered by all......)
We add to this the starvation, privation of battle zone living....and all stresses besides....(food, water. shelter)
And the unrelenting pverty and hopelessness.....
What kind of people will we be dealing with in the later lives of these peoples?
What will they be like emotionally?What will their thinking processes lead to and what chances do we ever have of dealing with anyone rational if they are kept in these trauma states indefinately?????
The blow back of this situation is immense as well, as we are witness to countless atrocities, while living in comparitive lavish luxury.....
How our own selves and that of our children are damaged through this essentially pitiless existence.How we become also deranged and dissociated from the normal human condition of empathy and sympathetic feeling for those in pain that the world is now living such a strange dichotomy we are driving ourselves to the brink of insanity....far beyond what the human psyche can comprehend, thus having no alternative but to brush these overwhelmingly natural feelings of connection and empathy of a universal nature, aside.
We do this to avoid the constant awareness of the horrible pain and suffering around the entire globe that is a constant cry to the souls of all men, audible by everyone but the psychopathic.
And thus < PSYCHPATHIC IS WHAT WE ARE BECOMMING>.........
Doesnt anyone else out there feel this inevitable conclusion aproaching like a black cloud over humanity???

new topics

top topics

join