It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK need to be more modern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't know where this kind of thread fitted into, so I put it in here.

Don't you think the UK needs to be a bit more modern?

These are the people who protect the Parliment, they are the security. Some of them carry swords. Do you think we should get more modern about security?

And I think these are the people who protect the Tower of London.

Some may say this is tradition, some may see the UK needs to shape up a bit and get more modern.

So, do you think the UK should take security more seriously, and not have men running around in tights with swords clanking on there legs?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The security works well in this country that is why the people who are capable of caryring out the kinda attacks that kill are being monitored constantly.
Nobody has yet got into these places with weapons on them so yes the security works.When a person enters these buildings armed is when the security needs to be reviewed.Just cos a newspaper got a reporter in there doesn`t mean security checks are crap.If he had a terrorist,criminal record then l would believe the security needed reviewing.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would have to agree with you weirdo. Uk security is second to none. The resent breaches in security only happened because they had inside help. The hunt protesters were basically let in. England is a tiny place and the intelligence services are watching the moves of the people that are most dangerous using allsorts of high tech surveillance equipment. They learned there lessons years ago dealing with the IRA.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have to say that security in Britain is very very good.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We are an old country with old traditions but i think security overall is exellent.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Security might be excellent, but the Batman protest ontop of Buckingham Palace, the fox hunter's who broke into Parliment and the Fake Bomber all happened in 2 weeks. I think security should be planned out more.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Minime]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hmm, to be honest at the usual, sercurity aint to bad around Britain, however there does tend to be times, when this sercurity lax's which causes problems. But rememeber dont always belive what you read.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
hehe.

They arent the real security. They are just tourist attractions. The real security are mostly unnoticable.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
We have plenty of MP5/Browning High Power armed police wandering round central London, and even without them security is still excellent. I think we're all a bit too worried actually. Our intelligence services are good. I'm inclined to believe the explanation of the reporterthat got a job in parliament kitchens wasn't considered a threat.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
We have plenty of MP5/Browning High Power armed police wandering round central London, and even without them security is still excellent. I think we're all a bit too worried actually. Our intelligence services are good. I'm inclined to believe the explanation of the reporterthat got a job in parliament kitchens wasn't considered a threat.

That wasn't a threat, because he had a fake bomb. But it is quite worring though, what if he had a real bomb?

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Minime]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The fox hunting protestors was an inside job too, they had an MP working in there for them to get in it was speculated due to the questionable security flaws which aren't flaws. That was just a publicity stunt.

I agree, i think UK security is pretty good on the whole, though i think the idea with the frills and bobbles is to laugh the terrorist into submission, therefore rendering him unable continue his attack

new topics

top topics

join