It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm quitting my job, help me edit this letter to my boss!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanksgiving Day 2010 wasn’t the horribly calamitous day that I thought it was. It wasn’t the well thought out insurance scam that so many insinuated in conversations. Conversations, by the way, that were always meet with great disdain, and arguments quite the opposite. It was a friend I’ve come to know and love. It was my good friend Karma. Oh she’s a good friend to me, but she can be a real Bitch. A bigger bitch than you or I could ever match. Doesn’t she hit hard M? Ouch!!! How is she ever going top that one? She will don’t you worry! I see you’re working hard to fill her sinister cup so she can douse you in disaster once again, huh? Oooh I quiver…hehehe!

How about this one Boss…The day before I started back to work, I got a totally unexpected, and humongous chunk of change gifted to me. Enough to carry me for quite a while in fact. Ohh boy do I looove Karma J!! You see, I really didn’t need to work my ass of during this new establishment’s first 10 days in operation. I didn’t have to work 5 to 6 days a week for those following 5 weeks. I didn’t need to only spend 15 minutes a day with my boy’s and only hope they were able to get their homework done correctly. I took a big risk working all of those hours; I could of, and still might, lose medical for my 2 special needs boys. I did all of those things, happily in fact, for you Marcie. I thought you were the best employer and an awesome person. I voiced that opinion to hundreds of people. It’s a good thing I’m not afraid to admit that I was wrong. I’m sure you know that I have a # ton of local friends and acquaintances, and you know how I like to talk
!

Okay now, pay close attention to this list, I have a huge offer for you following it:

I never verbally expressed or felt like I was above filling your salt and pepper shakers.
I always did at least my fair share of the clean up.
I never regularly left with out doing any clean up because.
I always wrapped at least my share of silverware.
I didn’t regularly not wrap any silverware at all because I was to busy making money.
I never have or wanted to consistently have 3x higher sales than my fellow servers.
I’m against coc aine use in the work place.
I do not speak in Ebonics.
I’ve never, until recently, walked around with a miserable attitude.
I always treated customers and employees with respect.
I was well liked and respected by a great majority, if not all, of my actual co-workers.
I very often bragged to my customers about how wonderful you and Dave are, and how hard you worked to build the restaurant.
I wasn’t despised by 75% of my co-workers.
I’ve never ran to a table that I didn’t need just to short change a co-worker.
I was a team player, who looked out for and helped everyone.
I’m not dumber than a box of rocks.
I do not have a voice that pierces peoples ear drums and make them cringe.
I never acted like I was better than all or any of my co-workers.
I never felt like I deserved more than everyone else.
I cleaned many things others, including yourself, wouldn’t even think of.
I until recently, always made a conscience effort to verbally advertise for you while out in public.
I didn’t constantly complain, I rarely complained.
I never slammed # and got smart with people when I got busy.
I never walked around the restaurant carrying dirty dishes while talking on my cell phone.
I pay all my own living expenses.
My household has 5 mouths to feed, 1 of which has costly special needs.

Alright Mrs. Threesome, here goes:

I’ll give you back every dime I made in your restaurant if you honestly believe you could apply this list to your little money making entourage. Hell I’d give it all back if you could just get them to properly read and comprehend this letter!!

I have worked for you for a year and a half, and you have a month old employee tripling me in tips regularly for the entire month now. Then you send her over to constantly count her money in front of me and tell me how much she’s making in her prime section. You made a big mistake by using me the way you did. It’s obvious now that you couldn’t care less about me or my 3 kids. It’s obvious to everyone that you only care about the morale of a select few. I hope you are aware of the fact that I’m not the only one who see’s how #ed up you are. Get help, lady, your old…you’ll never be one of the cool kids. And take off Franks jacket, you look like an ass!! Oh yea and everyone knows about Kay; and Yours and D’s kinky sex life.

edit on 25-2-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh yea, on Thanksgiving day 2010 the restaurant burned down. At that time the ower who this letter is addressed to had only owned the restaurant for about 2 years. I had worked in this restaurant for 5 years prior to that for the old owner.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why waste your time and energy complaining and such? It is very doubtful that your "boss" will read the entire letter anyway.

Keep it short

To whom it may concern.

I respectfully submit this letter of resignation. Effective immediately, I will no longer be at your employ. (or give 2 weeks or whatever).

Thank you for the opportunity and experience of working in the food industry. I have learned much and hopefully someday, I will be prepared to open my own restaurant.

Regards,

Mr, Mrs X

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Oh no, that would never work, and I know this katty woman will read every last word in that letter.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Honestly, I would say this:

# you and your restaurant. You don't think I'm worth every penny? We'll see when I'm gone.

Rock on,

Happily Unemployed.

edit on CSaturdayam464641f41America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I understand, but tear the rearview mirror off that "car" and step on the gas!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I am not sure what you mean by "it would never work". Is not the purpose of your letter to simply inform your employer that you are leaving? Or do you have to beg for a key to you shackles?

You do not owe your employer a novel in order to let them know that they will need a replacement to fill out your position. You seem to be thinking that business is a personal matter. Your resignation letter is a mere formality. If you are interested in tickling you "boss" in a ranting way, I suggest mailing a regular letter to their house.

Besides, do you really want to burn a bridge? When the person whom you dislike leaves, you may be interested in returning. I am fairly sure that a resignation letter such as yours would stick around for a little while. Unless that is the point you are trying to make.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Don't burn bridges even if you at this time see no use for one.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Seeing as how more than a year has gone by, I would cut your losses and keep it short and polite like the previous poster mentioned. I know you might not feel like it but try to keep it as amicable as possible. Be firm, but be polite. You might need a reference somewhere down the line and one thing I can guarantee you a prospective employer never wants to hear from a referring ex-employer are the words "disgruntled employee". I know it sucks, but the employer is the one with the power in this situation.

To clarify, by sending such a letter I believe you would then be placed in the category of disgruntled employee and your old employer has written proof. Please reconsider your proposed course of action. For your own sake. You can go back and burn the place down in 10 years but you do need to be cool for now I think.
I was just kidding about burning it down btw.
Good luck, I know what it's like.

edit on 25/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Exactly. Never burn your bridges. Karma has always finds it's way back to them or even you. Be the better person and go out an improve yourself elsewhere without leaving a bad taste in their mouth.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
Why waste your time and energy complaining and such? It is very doubtful that your "boss" will read the entire letter anyway.

Keep it short

To whom it may concern.

I respectfully submit this letter of resignation. Effective immediately, I will no longer be at your employ. (or give 2 weeks or whatever).

Thank you for the opportunity and experience of working in the food industry. I have learned much and hopefully someday, I will be prepared to open my own restaurant.

Regards,

Mr, Mrs X

"Effective immediately." Period. Nothing more to say to a restaurant manager.

OP, why have you even wasted this much effort coming up with some clever zinger of a resignation letter for a restaurant job? Seriously. Those are the kinds of jobs that you have when you are in college bettering yourself so you don't have to work in restaurants. Restaurant work is the lowest rung on the ladder, my friend. Even managers wish they had paid more attention in high school. If you have 2 kids and are still working at a restaurant.. I don't know what to tell you. I appreciate the fact that you're doing what you need to support your family, but use that energy to better yourself with some college classes and improve your situation.

Also, opening your own restaurant is NOT smart. Everyone thinks they have the idea to end all ideas. It will consume all of your time (and I mean ALL), all of your money, and you likely won't be able to do it anyway, since banks do not lend money for restaurant startups.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Consider this.

Somewhere down the line you go for another job. Your new prospective boss finds out you used to work at that place. It wouldn't be hard to know since its a restaurant - likely lots of people saw you there.

So, you prospective new boss calls your old boss and says, "Hey - I'm thinking about hiring this person. What's she like?"

Your old boss says, "Well - let me read your her resignation letter."

How do you think that would go over with your prospective new boss?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Okay where can I make 150 or more cash, plus 3 dollars an hour in 6 hours?? Got any ideas about that?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

It's not a resignation letter, it's a personal letter.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Okay where can I make 150 or more cash, plus 3 dollars an hour in 6 hours?? Got any ideas about that?

If you like restaurant work, parlay your experience into a better job at a better restaurant. Someplace with better food and higher prices - you'll make more. But seriously, do not waste one second of your time venting to these people. They really don't care - believe me.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think you should use your energy to a productive means, and not use it to dwell on past wrongs. It may feel good to vent to your boss - but this will only mean that she doesn't give you a good review for your next job. You want your review to be either neutral or good.

Good Luck finding a new job!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by Frogs

It's not a resignation letter, it's a personal letter.

Ok - I stand corrected. But how would that make a difference if a prospective new boss heard about it?

Its probably not what you are wanting to hear - but you are protecting yourself by not sending that letter.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Whatever you write, your boss will rationalize that something is wrong with you and not them. The best thing you can do is to say nothing. If you are going to quit then go in person to resign. When she ask you why then, in a non-angry tone, tell her the truth of how you are feeling. Say it very matter of fact because if you start getting emotional then the other person will naturally go on the defensive and start rationalizing what is wrong with you. You never loose by being honest and polite. You might be surprised at the response you get and you might not. But why would you want to work somewhere that you do not feel appreciated. It is like being a in a relationship with someone that does not appreciate you. There is a job out there with someone that will appreciate you. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just let Karma continue to do it's thing.

Remember....It does work both ways.

Kill her with kindness...Bitter people want to fight.

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When you lash out at them....they will remain in your thoughts forever. When you simply move on...soon this person will never cross your mind again.

Don't let this person occupy your thoughts for the rest of your life...Be kind.. move on and they will soon be gone forever.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join