It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you stop to pick up a penny? If there were hundreds of thousands of them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This news chopper shows police crew sweeping pennies off the Tulsa Highway this morning after they fell out of an armored truck. Pennies lol. So if pennies can fall out the back of a brinks truck, then anything else is possible I would say.

TULSA, Oklahoma - Hundreds of thousands of pennies on a Tulsa highway prompted the Oklahoma Highway Patrol to close down the northbound lanes of U.S. Highway 75 from 41st Street South to the 23rd Street exit.

Video in the Link

Well, it's not the first time it happened. I remember a movie a few years back about the true story of a man's plight to launder millions of dollars of paper into change. Got busted, went to jail, made a movie

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Police? Pennies?

That is a lots of coppers...

Had to!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Actually, I remember on the news they were saying it costs more to make a penny now, like 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All of those pennies can be melted down and made into more than what they are. If you had the smelting equipment, you could take 190 pennies and get 2 dollars out of it.

so if you put 25 dollars in, you'd get maybe 33 dollars back. And you didn't lose a single cent along the way,. No charges, no fees, no nothing.

Pretty clear.

Now, if you don't have the equipment...go some place where there's snow and start shoveling for 5 bucks a job. With that going, you can flatten the pennies on train tracks and keep them as souvenirs for a job well done.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

All of those pennies can be melted down and made into more than what they are. If you had the smelting equipment, you could take 190 pennies and get 2 dollars out of it.

Add on fuel and labor and it probably works out more the 2 dollars

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It's funny people see the potential of pennies, but I like the idea of the Loomis back door flying open. Closest thing I have ever come is dorrito boxes falling out of the back of the dorrito van while waiting for a bus. I ended up calling a cab...

top topics

join