It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan chaos: US consulate stormed and NATO trucks torched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

At least seven people have been killed as protesters, outraged by a Koran-burning incident at a NATO base, stormed a US consulate in western Afghanistan. Meanwhile, in the eastern province of Khost protesters have set fire to 20 NATO trucks.

The four days of violent anti-American protests have already left 13 dead and dozens injured. Seven people were killed and some 50 wounded on Friday during a bid to storm the US consulate in the city of Herat. Two more protesters have been killed in Kabul, two in the east of the country and one in the north.

rt.com...

Oh, nothing to worry about, just the usual dose of blowback being delivered.

I guess there's a few ways to look at this. A bunch of religious nutters acting like fricken cavemen cause someone burned their holy books? A simple mistake, for which Obama apologized? The failings of American foreign policy in the first place? Or the success of CIA drug money operations?

Hell, I don't even know anymore. You figure it out.
edit on Fri Feb 24th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You're also killing their children and bombing their villages too.

Never, ever forget that...

How would you react if someone started burning your constitution? Or the historical records of the founding Fathers?

Just paper right?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No matter what we think about how ridiculous their reactions are to the burning of their holy book, that is their country, their religion and we just pissed them the eff off. From their it becomes a matter of principle...hence their rage. Americans would do the exact same thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Build them a McDonalds and outsource all there opium farming to India then give them some high interest loans.

That will fix it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
How would you react if someone started burning your constitution? Or the historical records of the founding Fathers?

Just paper right?

Ask Bush- he's the one who said it was "just a g'damned piece of paper."

The Constitution is in the heart, not just on paper, much like the Koran. But burning a constitution doesn't give me the right to kill the idiot who did it.

I don't want to kill Muslims just because they burn our flag, or because they chant "death to America." No more than I want to kill illegal Mexicans that give us the middle finger in our own streets. It's just stupid. Idiotic. I've eaten great meals with Iranians, and I've been friends with many an illegal Mexican. Its about people being trampled upon by government. It's about lands being invaded by governments. The problem is not so much in the people's ability to live and let live- I think we can do that.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I find it funny we are even having this conversation, shish we have some of our [bankers?] buildings torn down and we have been burying our own bodies to a debt to make just about all of them suffer for even living around there

but yet we burn a holy book to them and all they have done so far is storm the embassy? This is piddle paddle compared to what they could be planning to do.

Let me ask you this have we ever seen documented proof of real individuals represent the masses of the average population ever burning our bibles? I mean we see stuff that's anti-american displayed be these people but we all knows that's just media misinfo and brainwash. However think about the military of a strong modern nation burning the bible?

Jesus would appear again and go on RT to tell the world that they must have WMDs

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here is the REAL Afghan Chaos

And Americans hard-earned TAX dollars used to rain hundreds of tons of Depleted & Enriched Uranium mutagens all over Afghan (& Iraqi) women & children.

edit on 24-2-2012 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
how would I destroy the greatest nuclear superpower?
(without getting nuked)

I'd insert my privately owned central bank and debt enslave all the peeps
buy the politicians and institutions
brainwash all the people to think I was benign
spread the army so thin it can't be maintained or defended from the death of a thousand paper cuts
invade the country with illegal immigrants ( what else would you call an invading army?)
I'd make everyone and their mother hate my stinking guts
I'd get half the country to hate the other half ( take your pick left right straight gay black white thin fat rich poor ...etc)

and once the virgin was all dressed up and tied down
I'D RING THE DINNER BELL ( muss up their hair)...COME GET "ER BOYS!!! SHE"S READY TO GO!!!

hey, you don't think I thought up this ZIONIST plot myself do you?...
haha you give me way to much credit!
Its all been done before

edit on 24-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Im sorry I cant comment just

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

The Constitution is in the heart, not just on paper, much like the Koran. But burning a constitution doesn't give me the right to kill the idiot who did it.

No, but many other Americans would kill if it happened

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I do not think its a simple mistake. It all boils down to the fact that US/NATO personnels did not fathom the seriousness of the backlash it would create. They are downright lazy and stupid to delegate the burning to Afgan soldiers who are themselves Muslim. What were they thinking? Just because the Afgan soldiers are on your payroll you think you can do whatever you please. There are already many cases of Afgan soldiers turning/killing their trainers/superiors at bases these past year so they should be more sensitive when it comes to their Holy Book. Look... what happens now. How are you gonna stop/fight the civilians. Send in your Hellfire missles? In situations like this weapons superiority means nothing. You can only shoot into the air, say a prayer and hope that this nightmare will fade away.

new topics

top topics

join